Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Scored a Draw in Co-op.

22 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles

Screwing around to get my minimum number of games for a new ship in both PvP and PvE. (Five each.)

For a time with a server population of 9k+, I got an all bot player team. Tier 10, EVERYTHING is T10; and since player bots are always as stupid as a sack of bricks, I already know I'm as good as dead.

The ENEMY team bots though; of course they're always smart. Sure is fun when the ENTIRE bot team comes to the cap where the only real player is... Almost as if they knew I was there!

There was the usual baloney torp dodging, hyper accurate shooting, and the enemy ships following me like bloodhounds even though I wasn't even spotted... Sure is amazing how that happens.

So I lingered in a cap too long, trying against all odds to at least pretend I was trying, and get spotted by a catapult plane.

Did I say it sure is fun when what seems like the entire enemy team is shooting at you?

Anyway; died; said screw this, and esc'd out. Ship was immediately in port, so I check the notifications and saw a 'Draw' there.

My first 'Draw' in Co-op. I guess if everyone real leaves, the server defaults to 'Draw' and ends the game.

O90lY5.jpg
XaKnC9.jpg
pUhebU.jpg

Oh, and about my 'minimum number of games?' That's how many I'll play with a new ship before I park it. For Gearing; it isn't about the cost; it's more about the infestation of paper ships, and that I just don't care for T10 games.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
3,067 posts
2,554 battles

Okai...

Seriously? When I saw the topic, I had to do a spittake and check my eyes. It's damned improbable you would get a draw in COOP of all modes!

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

Seriously? When I saw the topic, I had to do a spittake and check my eyes. It's damned improbable you would get a draw in COOP of all modes!

N-No I don't ^^'

I just sometimes got 2v8 (2 players on my team, counting myself)

I had a full bot team during PT, though

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

If only WG would take the time to fix the timer issue in co-op and bring it back to 1min:30sec instead of this :30 second crap, BOT stacked battles might not happen as often.

• Cool 1

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,325 posts
10,907 battles

Just when you think WG couldn't pull anything new out of their a.... err, hat....

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
10,275 battles

I don't think that is correct.  Coop matches operate on the same rules that Random battles do.  Draws in any mode are rare now because of the change from 2-Cap standard battles to 2-Cap domination mode and making it so that the team ahead on points wins if the game ends with neither team eliminated and neither team making it to 1000 points (or to 0 points).  However, they are still possible.  In my experience, if you are eliminated in a coop game, even if you are the only player, the bots will continue fighting it out to the end.  Otherwise, that would screw over a human player who got his team ahead and got killed before the match ended, leaving just bots in the game.

The more likely explanation is that the game ended with an actual draw.  I have personally seen a battle (after the above changes, mind you) where the battle timer expired and both teams had exactly the same number of points.  That match ended in a draw.  I have not seen it, but I suspect as well that a match could end in a draw if the last ships on each side rammed each other and killing each other at the same time.  Since team elimination is a loss, I suspect that mutual destruction would result in a draw with neither side winning in that situation.  I doubt it would go to the team that is ahead on points at the time.

I think you just experienced a rare draw rather than the game dropping the match and issuing a draw when you left.

Edited by Sotaudi

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
10,275 battles

Not really.  Bot teams used to stay in caps, making you come to them if you are behind on points.  Lately, they will leave cap even if they are ahead on points.  That makes it more likely that the game will end with a timer expiration, which will result in a draw if the points are equal when it does.

Members
3,067 posts
2,554 battles

When a domination point is being capped it stop giving points yes? That would mean the red team was behind in cap point income and made it a wash by sinking more of the blue team before game ended.

Edited by Hurlbut

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,146 battles

Not hard to do, all you have to do to induce a draw is to leave the match when you're the last/only human still in the match proper. you don't even have to be alive, there could still be 3 bots and if you leave suddenly it's a draw. 

Members
3,929 posts
20,944 battles

Not hard to do, all you have to do to induce a draw is to leave the match when you're the last/only human still in the match proper. you don't even have to be alive, there could still be 3 bots and if you leave suddenly it's a draw. 

shhh don't tell them our secrets...

[GAMMA]
Members
909 posts
18,341 battles

It's Co-op, who cares?

/me raises his hand. I care. I didn't know this would happen in co-op in this situation. Learned something new.

Members
155 posts
6,963 battles

I have not seen it, but I suspect as well that a match could end in a draw if the last ships on each side rammed each other and killing each other at the same time.   I'm also all f

I had exactly this situation come up this past weekend in a co-op "Neighbors" game. Somewhat to my surprise I found myself in my Tirpitz as the "last hope" against the sole surviving bot Tirpitz. After a long stern chase back to his base (half my torps had been knocked out earlier, and neither of us could seem to land a killing salvo) he turned and rammed, taking us both out. The game ended in a Draw, which I believe was actually my first. The bots actually played pretty well in this game (they managed to kill everyone else on my team, after all) and seem to be more aggressive and tactically savvy than previously.

Count me in for having Co-Op games go back to the earlier, longer wait time, btw. I don't mind playing against bots, but having them fill out your team numbers can be a pain.

Edited by Fitzwalrus

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,556 battles

If only WG would take the time to fix the timer issue in co-op and bring it back to 1min:30sec instead of this :30 second crap, BOT stacked battles might not happen as often.

Its being looked into,no word on whenit will be fixed:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/95610-please-wgfix-the-pve-countdown-time/page__pid__2343623#entry2343623

Members
304 posts
4,008 battles

I had a similar baffling experience -- I think it has to do with the sole human player bailing on a coop game.

There were only two human players in the coop game when it happened to me.  I died, leaving the other human player alone with one enemy bot.  The human was AFK, however. Rather than watch a bot sail the length of the map to shoot up an AFK ship, I left.

However, as soon as I engaged the 'return to port' option, the game surprised me by instantly announcing that it was a draw.  This was theoretically impossible since the scores were not even when I left, and the bot was minutes of sailing away from getting within range of the AFK ship on my team (and there was still minutes left on the clock).  Thus, it appeared to me that the game instantly declared the coop match a draw because there were no humans left, rather than 'play it out' with no human audience.

Hope this helps.

Members
95 posts
3,767 battles

Ha, I got my worst ever day today when I just can't win on random so why not take my own advice and do Co-Op? Apparently today potatoes are even worse on Co-Op.... 1st game the humans were dumb and we actually lost (!!!) after my twin rammed me when I am defending my base and the remaining BBs decided to CV hunt & cap their base instead of resetting cap (the capping BB was next to our base when the enemy started capping so he could have just alternate reset between the 2 capping BBs while our CV killed them). The draw was after a NM decide to CV hunt (and failing to kill it for almost half the game when he was on range) instead of helping cap and it ended with our CV (out of planes) ramming the enemy. I don't know if it's better or worse from the fact that the whole team was humans.

Here's the final moment of the draw match:

nAZVq8t.jpg

Edited by E4gleEye

Members
95 posts
3,767 battles

I had a coop draw recently.  Down to my Bismarck vs. its twin.  In a brawl that was too close, we ended up in a collision.  

I really need to keep in mind that the AI REALLY likes to ram other ships & not get close. My loss today was because my AI twin was moving awkwardly toward me making me second guess where to turn and by the time I commit (and brake) it was too late.

Sign in to follow this