Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gavroche_

Does it worry you that we know so little of this game?

13 comments in this topic

Members
2,304 posts
11,472 battles

Why is it that WarGamming hides so much of the game mechanics from us? Is there something it doesn't want us to see? Is it that they don't think the player base could handle such stats?

I'm talking about the numbers and mechanics that are hidden from us. Factors that have such a huge influence on gameplay, statistics such as:

Shell Krupp 

Shell drag resistance 

Fire-proof-chance-modifier-thingy for different ships and their hulls

Sigma values

How accuracy works

Plunging fire

Torpedo damage calculations 

How does the sausage get made?

Edited by Gavorche
  • Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Why is it that WarGamming hides so much of the game mechanics from us? Is there something it doesn't want us to see? Is it that they don't think the player base could handle such stats?

I'm talking about the numbers and mechanics that are hidden from us. Factors that have such a huge influence on gameplay, statistics such as:

Shell Krupp 

Shell drag resistance 

Sigma values

How accuracy works

Plunging fire

You don't wanna know about the sausage... 

As to Sigma values.. .Sub_Octavian recently made a post wherein he said, iirc, "sometimes the sigma value is used..." which to me indicates it is not always used in the calculations. 

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

Shell Krupp 

Shell drag resistance 

Sigma values

How accuracy works

Plunging fire

When you get to this point, it becomes a game of who can Excel better...

• Cool 1

Members
165 posts
1,980 battles

Plunging fire isn't in the game. The compressed distances only make it appear as plunging fire. The USN would have an unfair advantage if plunging fire were in the game, as the SHS are meant to take full advantage of it.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by LuminousWraith

Members
726 posts
1,805 battles

Plunging fire isn't in the game. The compressed distances only make it appear as plunging fire. The USN would have an unfair advantage if plunging fire were in the game, as the SHS shells are meant to take full advantage of it.

Sg2WAyn.jpg

Members
2,304 posts
11,472 battles

Plunging fire isn't in the game. The compressed distances only make it appear as plunging fire. The USN would have an unfair advantage if plunging fire were in the game, as the SHS are meant to take full advantage of it.

Edited for grammar.

I don't understand how the word "unfair" got in there.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

There is an excellent Q&A thread that explains some of this, but I fully agree that hidden stats and undisclosed mechanics are toxic to this type of game.  With the addition of the armor viewer along with Sub_Octavian's welcome participation in our forum, WG has been making great strides as of late toward better transparency.

Members
726 posts
1,805 battles

Yeah... I'm gonna own up to that one. I'm tired. It's been a long day so far.

It's alright, we all make mistakes.

*pats LuminousWraith on teh head*

There there, It'll be ok.

Members
6,890 posts
14,881 battles

They are NOT going to divulge IP info to any great detail for the same reason ANY game company would not (or software company). 

Members
909 posts

Shell Krupp 

Shell drag resistance 

Sigma values

How accuracy works

Plunging fire

No, because I pay close enough attention to the forums that I know where Sub_Octavian will answer any and all questions you ask about the game mechanics,

Sign in to follow this