Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Vermel

Tier Ten Disappointment

5 comments in this topic

[-FUN-]
Members
29 posts
9,033 battles

Good evening,

I'm looking for some advice on how to play Yamato. Spent way to much time grinding to get her and tier ten battles are terrible. The teamwork is atrocious and you are usually left trying to keep up if you initial position is offset,  then your team doesn't talk and blam. Then your left alone to suck up torps from the invisible dds until it's over, I;m going to start cutting to desktop to at least save some time. 

Thoughts 

Thanks

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

How to Yamato:

Don't overextent, your turrets turn too slow to react to targets that get too close to you, secondaries aren't that useful on it and torpedoes will quickly make you realize 50% damage reduction on your belt doesn't mean anything if a full spread gets you.

Don't sit too far back, you may have the best accuracy of all the T10 BBs but you won't reliably hit anything from further than 18km.

Always try to stay close to cruisers or other BBs with better AA guns, your AA is below par for a T10 battle and CVs will pick you off with ease otherwise.

Learn that your citadel has a different shape than other ships and requires a special type of angling or being bow on.

Positioning is everything in a T10 battle, if you're in a bad position you'll just burn to death from endless waves of High Explosive shells.

Try to stay in a position that puts you on the exact center of your fleet.

But the most important of all when you're in a Yamato is, make peace with the fact that everyone, their dog and their grandmothers will shoot you at all times. All the T10 Japanese ships are always focus fired when spotted, so always bet on that happening with you when playing any of them.

Good luck.

Edited by BunnyOfTheFleet

[ROCKR]
Members
368 posts

You forgot being focused by everyone and their whole family...Whoops! Bunny got it^^

Edited by Bonfire79

[-FUN-]
Members
29 posts
9,033 battles

How to Yamato:

Don't overextent, your turrets turn too slow to react to targets that get too close to you, secondaries aren't that useful on it and torpedoes will quickly make you realize 50% damage reduction on your belt doesn't mean anything if a full spread gets you.

Don't sit too far back, you may have the best accuracy of all the T10 BBs but you won't reliably hit anything from further than 18km.

Always try to stay close to cruisers or other BBs with better AA guns, your AA is below par for a T10 battle and CVs will pick you off with ease otherwise.

Learn that your citadel has a different shape than other ships and requires a special type of angling or being bow on.

Positioning is everything in a T10 battle, if you're in a bad position you'll just burn to death from endless waves of High Explosive shells.

Try to stay in a position that puts you on the exact center of your fleet.

But the most important of all when you're in a Yamato is, make peace with the fact that everyone, their dog and their grandmothers will shoot you at all times. All the T10 Japanese ships are always focus fired when spotted, so always bet on that happening with you when playing any of them.

Good luck.

Thanks,

It may be that this kinda of game play isn't appealing to me. I enjoy the brawling of the lower tiers. 

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

Thanks,

It may be that this kinda of game play isn't appealing to me. I enjoy the brawling of the lower tiers. 

Yamato is not really a brawler, while it can do well from closer ranges thanks to it's massive damage output, your turrets will be way too slow to react to almost anything that tries to get on your sides, also with Grosser Kurfurst dominating top tier brawls you just don't want to be close range to those things at all. They shrug off your massive guns like nothing and make you pay for letting them get close to you with multiple fires from their insane secondaries and very painful 420mm shells will eat away your HP.

Sign in to follow this