You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Citrusss

Pensacola-Molotov Syndrome

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,150 posts
9,100 battles

Pensacola-Molotov Syndrome, or PMS, is a situation where you switch your target to Pesacola/Karlsruhe/Omaha or Molotov/Kutuzov immediately even if your current target has 1 HP left.  

It is caused by two similar frustrations you get when you was a WoWS child. 

1. You were struggling through grinding of Pensacola or some other ship and now when you see it, your subconscious tells you to shoot at it to compensate your frustration;

2. You were given a hard time by Molotov, being constantly on fire or penetrated by huge guns and now when you've grown stronger, your subconscious tells you to shoot at it in revenge to that big guy in Molotov when you was a child.

Apparently, majority of WoWS population is going through PMS, however, study shows that if you let it go and won't be letting your PMS taking an advantage of you - you will perform better and new players will not be having this syndrome when they grow up. 

So here it is, PMS awareness week!

Don't shoot Pensacola!®

• Cool 13

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

Both ships are excellent guns attached to vulnerable hulls... there are few more efficient targets to shoot at.

While leaving a near dead ship to live is a bad play, there are few worse things you can do to your team than to allow either of those ships to live when you could have deleted them.

Members
5,202 posts

Or OCD (Overwhelming Citadel Desire)

Happens every time I see a Russian or German cruiser. Oh... and the Omaha, the juicy Omaha. That ship is food for everything out there. Hard to imagine it used to be one of the best cruisers for its tier. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT
  • Cool 5

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

So here it is, PMS awareness week!

Don't shoot Pensacola!®

I didn't know I was afflicted with PMS... but you are so right...we need a awareness raising flag or something.

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles

I have to ask, why wouldn't you shoot a Pensacola/Kirov/Molotov?  These ships have a LOT of firepower and accuracy and no defense.  They should be public enemy #1.

Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

Both ships are excellent guns attached to vulnerable hulls... there are few more efficient targets to shoot at.

While leaving a near dead ship to live is a bad play, there are few worse things you can do to your team than to allow either of those ships to live when you could have deleted them.

This, indeed.  As someone who loves the Molotov to death, she's only op if she's allowed to be by the enemy team.  Yes, she's capable of inflicting incredible amounts of damage, but that's only true if she's able to survive long enough to do so.  It's the very epitome of a high skill ceiling ship, with an appropriately high skill floor to go along with it.  Learn how to play it well and stay alive, and you're a force to be reckoned with.  But handle it poorly, and you'll be deleted in short order.

Members
1,150 posts
9,100 battles

I have to ask, why wouldn't you shoot a Pensacola/Kirov/Molotov?  These ships have a LOT of firepower and accuracy and no defense.  They should be public enemy #1.

That's an excuse for your behavior while having PMS. 

[BLNCE]
Members
2,293 posts
7,632 battles

Or OCD (Overwhelming Citadel Desire)

Happens every time I see a Russian or German cruiser. Oh... and the Omaha, the juicy Omaha. That ship is food for everything out there. Hard to imagine it used to be one of the best cruisers for its tier. 

Stop shooting at my Chappy! I hate grinding this ship!

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,325 posts
10,907 battles

Well, I guess suffering from PMS or OCD is better than my affliction, CRS (Can't Remember Shyte).

Members
3,014 posts

Blew the dust off of my Pensa just after lunch. Still have the 13 point captain in her.

Took the steering module off and faster turrets mod....set her up as a dedicated AA boat for now.

After spending alot of time in Warspite, the Pensacola drives and reacts like a dream.  Guns to knock any cruiser or destroyer back to the loading screen-  and she can handle battleships better than Atlanta!

Although I haven't gone up against the SchamHeist yet....Have to test that out in the training room.

I'm still sick I missed the Indy.