Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Megrim3

Bismarck....way too strong

48 comments in this topic

Members
955 posts
17,468 battles

I recently acquired the Bismarck and for me this ship is way overpowered.  I can just rush straight in...obliterate dds and cruisers with my secondary guns Starting 9 to 20 fires along with my normal heavy duty guns blasting them away without fear of being cit penned. I even charge straight at Montana's with no fear and sink them. This ship is going to get a nerf, it's way too strong for tier 8. I mean....It's like night and day against a north Carolina. Why even play us bbs anymore? The aa in the Bismarck is almost nearly as good. With better repairs, better guns, better secondaries, better armor. I feel dirty playing this ship

....oh yea and to top it off, hydro acoustic search and 10.6 km secondaries.

Edited by Megrim3
  • Cool 1

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

Guess you have not played on PT yet

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,750 battles

wait til the nerf next patch, your bow armors going bye bye!:trollface:

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

wait til the nerf next patch, your bow armors going bye bye!:trollface:

Isn't as likely to have as much effect on German BB's as it will on others...

In fact I saw little difference in the few games I did this morning, but only played German.

Edited by awiggin

Members
955 posts
17,468 battles

You know it's going to get a nerf real soon. I can't see how they allowed this to happen in the first place.

Members
163 posts
6,068 battles

I recently acquired the Bismarck and for me this ship is way overpowered.  I can just rush straight in...obliterate dds and cruisers with my secondary guns Starting 9 to 20 fires along with my normal heavy duty guns blasting them away without fear of being cit penned. I even charge straight at Montana's with no fear and sink them. This ship is going to get a nerf, it's way too strong for tier 8. I mean....It's like night and day against a north Carolina. Why even play us bbs anymore? The aa in the Bismarck is almost nearly as good. With better repairs, better guns, better secondaries, better armor. I feel dirty playing this ship

....oh yea and to top it off, hydro acoustic search and 10.6 km secondaries.

If anything bismarck has fair secondaries that with 15 captain skill will make it really hard for DDs to get in close for an easy kill and that's the way it should be with any BBS who owns strong secondaries. Bismarck main battery is nothing spectacular and the ship has ridiculous slow rudder time .

You saying It is way too strong for T8= Dedicated USN or DD player spotted.

• Cool 2

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Bismarck is a strong ship, but for general T8 BB power I'd still take Amagi.

Nah, I never took to the Amagi. I always picked the wrong time to fire the 2 forward and 2 rear turrets and would always take a citadel in return. Against cruisers, that ship was boss though. 

I do not want the German Battleships to get nerds just yet. The idea behind the Germans in the first place was to give weaker mains(accuracy) in favour of reliable secondaries when you close the distance. If you took the Hydro away, then ships like the Freddy would become barely playable because that turn radius.... 

Members
1,651 posts
20,684 battles

My N.C would disagree with that statement.  Here is the thing you cannot and I mean cannot play to a bismarks strengths as the opponent.  You must make them battle you not you battle them.  If you get sucked into a 10k brawl with a bismark you deserve to die.  So if your headed towards a bismark and its headed towards you then  you need to make a course correction and keep 12km between the two of you.  The bismark does not need a nerf because it does what its suppose to do.  Thats half the problem with this game now.  To much balance this and balance that.  We might as well just give all the ships all the same features And guns etc etc and just let pure skill determine the outcomes.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND
  • Cool 2

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
19,651 battles

Guess the Bismark I one shotted in my NC isn't feeling too OP... yeah it was really that EPIC!! woot!   It was ocean, and he was ranting on how much he hated the map, I was saying I love it...he was broadside replying and whammo!  I almost fell off my chair...and boy the chat got real good then lol.

[RTR]
Beta Testers
306 posts
2,168 battles

Well. I guess it is a good thing I wasn't able to pick it up quite yet. Considering my terrible performance (28% win and 60k average damage...yuck) in the Gnesineau, I'm glad I won't have to have my next ship feel weaker after I bought it.

Looking forward to this iconic bad-boy in any case. 

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Guess the Bismark I one shotted in my NC isn't feeling too OP... yeah it was really that EPIC!! woot!   It was ocean, and he was ranting on how much he hated the map, I was saying I love it...he was broadside replying and whammo!  I almost fell off my chair...and boy the chat got real good then lol.

I did a Bismarck who went into smoke while in my Friedrich Der Grosse... Good times, great classic hits

Beta Testers
393 posts
3,784 battles

In order to have 10.6 km range for secondaries, you have to scarify a lot for its main guns. That ship is no thread at long range.

You feel it's OP only because it FITS your stay style. You are aggressive and the ship rewards you for it. Give the ship for a camper who only shot from afar and see how he would feel. German ships suck at ranges greater than 14km.

• Cool 2

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

In order to have 10.6 km range for secondaries, you have to scarify a lot for its main guns. That ship is no thread at long range.

You feel it's OP only because it FITS your stay style. You are aggressive and the ship rewards you for it. Give the ship for a camper who only shot from afar and see how he would feel. German ships suck at ranges greater than 14km.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this guy gets it

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Don't worry, it won't get a nerf til I finally get it. Then just like I got Mogami the week of the nerf, it will be nerfed.

Take your time then Chokai, hinestly- there is no rush to get to Tier 8

Beta Testers
393 posts
3,784 battles

Don't worry, it won't get a nerf til I finally get it. Then just like I got Mogami the week of the nerf, it will be nerfed.

Psss, hey, I will pay you 5000 doubloons if you never research it. Some cookies too if you never research any German ships at all

• Cool 1

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Psss, hey, I will pay you 5000 doubloons if you never research it. Some cookies too if you never research any German ships at all

Stop stealing my +1s.you now have more than I have given out on a single day

Beta Testers
15,669 posts
4,714 battles

Take your time then Chokai, hinestly- there is no rush to get to Tier 8

Nah I agree. I was rushing, but stopped halfway in the Kaiser because I was tired of so many BBs per side. Now I'm grinding again simply because now there aren't SO MANY. Annoyingly, hard to get high WTR in them since there was so much HP to go around a month ago. Nassau and Kaiser are so low compared to my other III and IVs -.- in time though it'll go up as average damage goes down.

Hmmmm.... Sounds like a fair deal. I'm at Yorck in German Cruisers though... It's my favorite CA. Everyone thinks it's still bad but it's a beast.

[WOLF2]
Members
399 posts
10,906 battles

Hmm, I see the Bismarck's secondaries as strong but not OP, maybe its because I'm so used to playing the Tirpitz with its TORPS. I also remember the "Torps are OP!!" part of the Tirpitz launch as well. I haven't gone for the manual secondaries yet, maybe that makes all the difference...just haven't wanted to spend the loons on it, as I despise having to spend loons to shuffle my captain skills.

It's been a little bit since I've played the NC but the AA does not seem as good on the Bismarck as it did on the NC, especially as I've seen so many higher tier CV's in my 12 Bismarck games thus far.

Even going against a Bismark hasn't been a big deal I know its strengths/weaknesses and plan accordingly. 

So far Tirpitz torps are stronger the Bismarck secondaries imo.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Hmm, I see the Bismarck's secondaries as strong but not OP, maybe its because I'm so used to playing the Tirpitz with its TORPS. I also remember the "Torps are OP!!" part of the Tirpitz launch as well. I haven't gone for the manual secondaries yet, maybe that makes all the difference...just haven't wanted to spend the loons on it, as I despise having to spend loons to shuffle my captain skills.

It's been a little bit since I've played the NC but the AA does not seem as good on the Bismarck as it did on the NC, especially as I've seen so many higher tier CV's in my 12 Bismarck games thus far.

Even going against a Bismark hasn't been a big deal I know its strengths/weaknesses and plan accordingly. 

So far Tirpitz torps are stronger the Bismarck secondaries imo.

Well now that everyone is getting dragon flags, time to train a new manual captain

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

Yeah, the Bismarck and the German BB line as a whole is pretty OP. The only ships in the game that shouldn't have citadels are DDs. You can't just have something like a BB be invulnerable to taking heavy hits, Wehraboo-inspired turtleback armour or not.

Edited by 1Sherman

Beta Testers
15,669 posts
4,714 battles

Well now that everyone is getting dragon flags, time to train a new manual captain

That +200% weekend, even in Co-Op. Plus knowing German BBs were coming... My Kaiser Captain is 1 pt away from AFT, and like 7k xp. Gonna be glorious.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
399 posts
10,906 battles

Yea I guess I could do that with my Sharnhorst captain, I should have 600 of those flags headed my way. Starting at the Bayern I threw my 18 point Tirpitz captain in my German BB grind.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Yeah, the Bismarck and the German BB line as a whole is pretty OP. The only ships in the game that shouldn't have citadels are DDs. You can't just have something like a BB be invulnerable to taking heavy hits. Even the Yamato can be citadelled.

Actually, the German ships have citadels. They are just well protected. 

Also note that the time to citadel a German is when they are turning away from you- so you can catch the ship while it is listing. 

As much as I love my Freddy, if a battleship catches me in a turn, my HP disappears pretty quickly

Sign in to follow this