You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FCA_Wichita

Felt I ought to post about this..

19 comments in this topic

[SFT]
Members
317 posts
7,399 battles

Cool videos.

If only current ships didnt all look so baldn and not menacing as the ships of old...but oh well!

[EGI]
[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,243 posts
32,233 battles

LCS correct ?  Wasn't there something in the news recently with issues with engines in one of these ?

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

LCS correct ?  Wasn't there something in the news recently with issues with engines in one of these ?

Yes, the engines in these ships are known to have issues.

Members
557 posts

The U.S. is starting to suffer from over engineering. Making things more complicated than they need to be when simpler is better. But hey, gotta keep those defense contractors fat and happy.

Edited by anonym_QOibb7dMvRGh

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,272 posts
6,174 battles

ooohh, bottle didn't break properly. Isn't that supposed to be a bad omen or something?

Only thing I heard that is bad is doing it with water.  It splashed wine, should be okay.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

Cool videos.

If only current ships didnt all look so baldn and not menacing as the ships of old...but oh well!

The Arleigh Burkes look pretty damn menacing. So do the Zumwalts.

The LCS is a boondoggle, but they're not primary surface combatants; they're an ill-conceived design to try to do several jobs (minesweeping, littoral warfare, etc.), but end up doing them all poorly. They're not designed to survive sustained high-intensity combat environments like a DDG or CG. 

[EGI]
[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,243 posts
32,233 battles

The Arleigh Burkes look pretty damn menacing. So do the Zumwalts.

The LCS is a boondoggle, but they're not primary surface combatants; they're an ill-conceived design to try to do several jobs (minesweeping, littoral warfare, etc.), but end up doing them all poorly. They're not designed to survive sustained high-intensity combat environments like a DDG or CG. 

They were primarily meant to replace the FFG Perrys i think.  As far as how they look they do look better without all the plating over the windows etc.  In those launching videos it looks odd with every window and port plated over.  

1280px-USS-Freedom-130222-N-DR144-174-cr

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,320 battles

Cool videos.

They only look harmless to the uninitiated.

To those who have had the extreme displeasure of being on the receiving end of the armament this class of ship carries in a combat scenario, she appears quite capable indeed.

Ask the Iranians how capable she looks.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

ooohh, bottle didn't break properly. Isn't that supposed to be a bad omen or something?

It is supposed to be a bad omen.

Wow, Starfury, You have that many premium ships? WG must love you. I will never buy any premiums in WoWS.

ARPS - I couldn't care less about, I'm no fan of anime/manga art (to each his/her own tho).

Your keepers are quite different from what I would keep (again, to each his/her own).

You weren't in Alpha or Beta?

Also, how do you get a list of owned ships onto the bottom of a post? I see some peeps do this - how is that done?

Edited by aethervox

Members
726 posts
1,805 battles

It is supposed to be a bad omen.

Wow, Starfury, You have that many premium ships? WG must love you. I will never buy any premiums in WoWS.

ARPS - I couldn't care less about, I'm no fan of anime/manga art (to each his/her own tho).

Your keepers are quite different from what I would keep (again, to each his/her own).

You weren't in Alpha or Beta?

Also, how do you get a list of owned ships onto the bottom of a post? I see some peeps do this - how is that done?

They probably would love me....if they looked at anything other than overall stats for things like that (I.E: how many of X Premium ship did we sell on each server?)

The ARP Ships, well, I am a fan of Anime and Manga in general, and a big fan of Arpeggio of Blue Steel in particular. It's nice to see someone on here that doesn't like it but is mature enough to follow your "to each their own" mentality, instead of raging at something they don't like/understand.

My keepers list is subject to change, depending on what I do/do not find fun to play based on the current state of the game. The only one 100% immune to being removed from that list is Clemson, because

&

I was definitely not in Alpha. I recall applying for the closed Beta, and sometimes I seem to recall telling my friends I got in, but it could just be my mind playing tricks on me. Cus I'm old and crap:P.

List of ships is easy, if time-consuming. On the main page, click here:

BXFOtWb.png

Select "My Settings" from the drop-down that appears, then look to the left for "Signature". Click it, and you get what is basically the "Reply" box from the forum, but with a preview above it showing what your signature will look like on the forum. Proceed to create whatever signature you like (within reason, of course).

Members
1,677 posts
266 battles

Your profile pic perfectly matches your post XD

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers
232 posts
9,304 battles

They trashed a Reduction gear box in one. Poop happens. We trashed a gear box on my Ferry about ten years ago.