You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

What ship in WoWs gets shot at the most

32 comments in this topic

Members
1,651 posts
20,684 battles

So how many of you when you see the opposing team scan for ships that you consider prey to your ship?

I know i look for ships that i can take out quick and early and at the top of my list is the Atlanta.   Lets face it when the enemy Atlanta is spotted every ship on your team opens fire at the same time on whatever poor soul is playing that ship. 

1. Atlanta

2. Pensacola

3. The Karl

4. Yamato

5. Montana

6. Atago

[SFT]
Members
317 posts
7,399 battles

Whichever one I happen to be using at the moment. :red_button:

I hear you. Same happens to me.

I will focus:

1. Atlanta

2. Nurnberg

3. Schors

4. Mogami

5. Pensacola

6. DDs under 10km range

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles

The right answer should be any DD that gets spotted within range.

[SFT]
Members
317 posts
7,399 battles

That question would be better in the form of a poll. 

With that said, Karl... always Karl. Poor Karl.

carllll.JPG
  • Cool 1

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,045 posts

That question would be better in the form of a poll. 

With that said, Karl... always Karl. Poor Karl.

They take his eye... ya poor Karl.

Members, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
2,659 battles

Penny Cola.  Its always the first thing to pop into view range and then you drop a max range 16" salvo on it for some citadels and/or a detonation.  They really should adjust that ships concealment.

• Cool 2

Members
249 posts

Anybody who finds themselves all alone, with their team mates heading in the other direction like they are all late for happy hour at the Elks Club.

Edited by butchSS49

Members
2,072 posts
2,712 battles

Yamato always feels like it has huge "KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT AAGGGHHHHHHHH" factor to it.

Any CV that gets spotted is pretty much going to have every gun in range firing at it.

Pensacola with its BB-tier detection range.

Konigsburg/Nurnburg

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

Nobody put the bloody Mikhail Kutuzov on the list? I'm surprised.

I have kutuzov and fought against many of them too, those things are a menance to bbs and dds alike

(edit: completely obvious and stupid grammer fix)

Edited by The_first_harbinger

Members
740 posts
9,789 battles

For me it's entirely situation dependent.  If a DD is present, it gets shot at first.  After that, it's whatever ship presents the greatest threat that is in range.

As for getting shot at...*sigh* my Omaha always seems to be the "Target Du Jour".  After that, my Cleveland seems to be quite a popular snack food for T8 BBs.

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

For me it's entirely situation dependent.  If a DD is present, it gets shot at first.  After that, it's whatever ship presents the greatest threat that is in range.

As for getting shot at...*sigh* my Omaha always seems to be the "Target Du Jour".  After that, my Cleveland seems to be quite a popular snack food for T8 BBs.

Since I score a 10k HE damage salvo with my ARP Ashigara on a cleveland two weeks ago, hehehe

AP noob, HE is for winners.

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

Any new but not released ship being run by a super tester

Or a quite obvious and oblivious three man tirpitz(derpitz) platoon XD

[EGI]
[EGI]
Beta Testers
1,243 posts
32,226 battles

1. Atlanta ... because everyone hates them 

2. Yamato ... because its a huge target and the faster those guns are out of the game the better 

3. Cleveland ... because they are hated nearly as much as Atlantas

4. YUBARI !  ... because she has T3 hitpoints and balsa citadel armour ... and a citadel that is effectively the whole ship 

5. every DD because ... well ... they need to die ... asap :smart_fish:

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Whatever one makes the most sense for me to shoot at.  For example, I am not going to take a pot shot at a cruiser at long range if it is engaging in defensive maneuvering, when I have a fat BB sailing along nice and steady, nor will I fire at an angled cruiser when I have a BB broadside.  I mean trying to deal with those WASD hacks is miserable and I would much rather fire at players that cruise along at a constant speed in a straight line.

You know, I honestly do not think people really understand just how much effect using the WASD keys constantly really has on your survivability.  I know if I am playing a DD I won't even launch torps at a target that is maneuvering unless I don't have anything else to fire at and as I mentioned above, when I am in a cruiser or BB, I almost always prioritize targets that are broadside and/or are sailing on a predictable course and in many cases firing at targets much further beyond the maneuvering ships just because, even at longer ranges, these predictable ships are easier to hit. 

As far as the Atlanta, there are two reasons it ends up being a priority target.  First, it is because 90% of the people who play them get impatient, rush forward at the beginning of the match to get their guns into range and become the first ship spotted which in turn gets them deleted.  This is the leading cause of cruiser death early game by the way.  The second reason is late game when your concentrating on other ships, the Atlanta, if it keep pounding on you, gets annoying to the point where you just want it to go away so you stop concentrating on what you really want to fire at and kill and/or drive off the Atlanta.   Honestly while I love to get kills, I am perfectly fine if the Atlanta just leaves and goes pester someone else. 

[5D5]
Members
1,664 posts
10,933 battles

Imperator Nikolai I....   Because everyone agrees it's OP and should die.

[RRC]
Members
293 posts
4,761 battles

As far as the Atlanta, there are two reasons it ends up being a priority target.  First, it is because 90% of the people who play them get impatient, rush forward at the beginning of the match to get their guns into range and become the first ship spotted which in turn gets them deleted.  This is the leading cause of cruiser death early game by the way.  The second reason is late game when your concentrating on other ships, the Atlanta, if it keep pounding on you, gets annoying to the point where you just want it to go away so you stop concentrating on what you really want to fire at and kill and/or drive off the Atlanta.   Honestly while I love to get kills, I am perfectly fine if the Atlanta just leaves and goes pester someone else. 

which summarizes nicely why the Atlanta is my favorite ship. Yeah it sucks to get focused by the whole damn red team, but if you stay isolated and behind cover, its incredibly fulfilling to rain 200+ HE shells on some poor BB deck while he furiously tries to run away

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

Colorado

Budyony

Kutuzov

Omaha

Yamato

Iowa

Supertesters