You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Trubil

possible fix to UK Light Cruisers

28 comments in this topic

Members
225 posts
2,790 battles

It seems the "frustration" arising from the game population and the developers for the incoming CL line is them participating in high tier games.  Suggest easy fix..... deny them tier 9 and 10.   Stop the line at tier 8 and either eliminate tier 9 and 10 or convert tier 9 and 10 to tier 8 ships (with relevant nerfs).  Tier 8 will still see 9,10 games but with less frequency.  Eventually heavy cruisers will come along and lines will divert or merge around tier 8.  

Am I completely off my nut or is this reasonable?

• Cool 2

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

Full line or bust. 

Edit: Also I think the frustration was that they all had smoke. We already have it bad with smoking DD's. We don't need a whole line of pew pew invisifiring HE spamming ships with decent range. 

Edited by saagri

Members
225 posts
2,790 battles

get out, just get out.......:facepalm:

your argument is falling short of any logic.  please explain
  • Cool 1

Members
225 posts
2,790 battles

Full line or bust. 

Edit: Also I think the frustration was that they all had smoke. We already have it bad with smoking DD's. We don't need a whole line of pew pew invisifiring HE spamming ships with decent range. 

But doesn't the radar buff negate that?
  • Cool 2

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,150 battles

They want this full line to be light cruisers in anticipation of a future heavy cruiser line/sub-line in the future.

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

Maybe? I do not know the ranges of these cruisers but I assume it is at least over radar range. If an enemy cruiser wants to get close enough to you it would probably be over extended and will die soon. After all max USN radar is 9.5km? and max Russian Radar is somewhere around 12km? 
Edited by saagri

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,771 battles

your argument is falling short of any logic.  please explain

I disagree, it was short and straight to the point.:sceptic:

and I'd rather not get a forum warning for explaining how I really feel about your suggestion and your level of intelligence by suggesting the above suggestion be even considered for impementation..... 

Members
225 posts
2,790 battles

I disagree, it was short and straight to the point.:sceptic:

and I'd rather not get a forum warning for explaining how I really feel about your suggestion and your level of intelligence by suggesting the above suggestion be even considered for impementation..... 

There was a nice way of responding to my suggestion.  I've read many of your posts before and logic and reason were part of them.  I'm going to think you are just having a bad day and forgive you for suggesting my "intelligence" is less than.
  • Cool 2

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

Personally, I think you're basically right. That said, as radar is only found on American and Russian cruisers and that 5/6 of that population are generally considered somewhere between "awful" and "average" (Battlecruiser Moskva being the exception). There likely exists the substantial risk that there will be between 0 and 1 radar cruisers on a team quite frequently. Recently, it seems that WG has become less than impressed by the tactic of laying smoke for BBs/CAs to hide in and fire from invisibility... I suspect this may have been the biggest reason RN CLs got delayed. One of Sub_Octavian's recent Q & A posts indicated there were plans in the works to stop this very thing from happening (presumably, large caliber guns will get a visibility "bloom" effect when fired from smoke).

It is my sincere hope that the British CL line is *basically* ready to go as the "smoke and shoot" line we were all expecting and that the current (absolutely wild) "leaks" are (forgive the pun) a smokescreen, in an effort to properly hide the supertest data from the public. Afterall, for the last several months, we've had free and easy access to upcoming patch information because there is a serious information leak somewhere. I can't imagine WG is terribly happy about this. Additionally, the current leak is so obviously out of whack (NO HE?, Speed boost for arguably the slowest cruiser line IRL?, Complete abandonment of the "just implemented" standardization of "shell normalization" numbers?) that I suspect it was one of a handful of oddball supertest *patches* sent out to simultaneously 1.) gather data on just how these oddball changes would work in game for future reference use and 2.) identify *where* precisely the leak was coming from.

At least, I really hope that's what this is all about, otherwise I've constructed an entire cheap spy movie plot to rationalize the existence of this mind-blowingly odd transformation of the line between data leaks.

• Cool 2

Members
225 posts
2,790 battles

Personally, I think you're basically right. That said, as radar is only found on American and Russian cruisers and that 5/6 of that population are generally considered somewhere between "awful" and "average" (Battlecruiser Moskva being the exception). There likely exists the substantial risk that there will be between 0 and 1 radar cruisers on a team quite frequently. Recently, it seems that WG has become less than impressed by the tactic of laying smoke for BBs/CAs to hide in and fire from invisibility... I suspect this may have been the biggest reason RN CLs got delayed. One of Sub_Octavian's recent Q & A posts indicated there were plans in the works to stop this very thing from happening (presumably, large caliber guns will get a visibility "bloom" effect when fired from smoke).

It is my sincere hope that the British CL line is *basically* ready to go as the "smoke and shoot" line we were all expecting and that the current (absolutely wild) "leaks" are (forgive the pun) a smokescreen, in an effort to properly hide the supertest data from the public. Afterall, for the last several months, we've had free and easy access to upcoming patch information because there is a serious information leak somewhere. I can't imagine WG is terribly happy about this. Additionally, the current leak is so obviously out of whack (NO HE?, Speed boost for arguably the slowest cruiser line IRL?, Complete abandonment of the "just implemented" standardization of "shell normalization" numbers?) that I suspect it was one of a handful of oddball supertest *patches* sent out to simultaneously 1.) gather data on just how these oddball changes would work in game for future reference use and 2.) identify *where* precisely the leak was coming from.

At least, I really hope that's what this is all about, otherwise I've constructed an entire cheap spy movie plot to rationalize the existence of this mind-blowingly odd transformation of the line between data leaks.

+1 for an excellent response 

• Cool 2

[_SDF_]
Members
130 posts
4,952 battles

Recently, it seems that WG has become less than impressed by the tactic of laying smoke for BBs/CAs to hide in and fire from invisibility... I suspect this may have been the biggest reason RN CLs got delayed. One of Sub_Octavian's recent Q & A posts indicated there were plans in the works to stop this very thing from happening (presumably, large caliber guns will get a visibility "bloom" effect when fired from smoke).

I love how they want team play but then don't like how we play as a team and take steps to stop us from doing it.

• Cool 2

Members
1,430 posts
3,437 battles

I love how they want team play but then don't like how we play as a team and take steps to stop us from doing it.

I feel like they're just taking steps to prevent ships from sittting in a smoke shooting at something until it sinks, but laying smokescreens to cover friendly ships will still be possible. (and it is, but people don't seem to do it)

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

There is a difference between working as a team and exploiting game mechanics in a way that wasn't intended by the dev's.

Edited by saagri

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

You haven't played them yet, how can you justify a fix to them?

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

That's partly why I think it would be a gunfire "bloom" effect on visibility. As a BB, a DD could hide you in smoke so you could pop a heal  and you'd be fine.... you could even line up "one free shot", but afterward, you'd be target-able. This would still be good/important team play.

As it currently stands, hiding a BB in smoke is incredibly powerful... You don't see a ton of it in randoms (except good divisions ofc) but it was the only show going on during ranked because it's just too potent, even with the large number of torps around in a ranked fight (b/c everything that isn't a BB is a DD) 

• Cool 2

Members
225 posts
2,790 battles

You haven't played them yet, how can you justify a fix to them?

Recent forum posts suggest the smoke/thin armor will cause problems or stagnant game play.
  • Cool 1

Members
1,430 posts
3,437 battles

Recent forum posts suggest the smoke/thin armor will cause problems or stagnant game play.

Forum posts aren't the best guide out there, FYI.
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

The people who have posted those threads haven't played them either, I wouldn't take them as the best source.

[VX9]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
327 posts
5,108 battles

It is my sincere hope that the British CL line is *basically* ready to go as the "smoke and shoot" line we were all expecting...

They basically are. The couple times my Yamato has encountered a tester running around Minotaur (or its ilk) on the enemy team, I'm always focused first, regardless of who's closer. By them doing so, I've kind of pegged what to expect from the line as a whole. Every single time the Minotaur hides behind the islands free from return fire and I end up receiving Khab-levels of shot spam and fire spam, only much worse (for me). Any time someone's closed with them, they pack up, smoke, move a couple islands over and wash-rinse-repeat. Their max range dispersion is definitely a thing of wonder, and I imagine it's going to be a source of frustration for anybody on the receiving end, especially if those CLs island camp at the higher tiers.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

With how much people have been wanting RN ships it probably wouldn't be wise to not give them a tier 10.

by RN ships, the vast majority mean to say "RN BB and CC"

[SYN]
Members
3,775 posts
25,422 battles

I haven't played them but have against them. It took me 5 salvos to sink a Minotaur in my Khab at 8km (including a 10,000hp citadel).  Imagine what Yamy & co can do. Probably get cits with their secondaries.

Good luck with their balancing as they are OP hiding in smoke but way under powered when spotted in the open.  

Members
646 posts
4,069 battles

I haven't played them but have against them. It took me 5 salvos to sink a Minotaur in my Khab at 8km (including a 10,000hp citadel).  Imagine what Yamy & co can do. Probably get cits with their secondaries.

Good luck with their balancing as they are OP hiding in smoke but way under powered when spotted in the open.  

Considering how thin their citadels are, they'll probably get overpen'd.