You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SirKenshi

Flamu (WoWS youtube channel)

50 comments in this topic

[SINK]
Members
712 posts
3,648 battles

I think these are the types of videos we should see in the launcher client every friday when the server reaches the majority of population (i know recently NoZoup had done basic guides on every ship class, but i think that kind of vids should be permantly visible since the release of the game).

Before i discover his channel i was an absolutely potatoe but after watching constantly his videos since over a year i learned a lot about the game and quite frankly i became a decent player. One of the best WoWs youtube channels i know so far and it'll be quite helpul if more people watch it, specially since the recently news about 0.5.12, british cruisers and the current game meta.

Edited by SirKenshi
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
129 posts
5,846 battles

I personally like Flamu... the only thing that would be an issue is language.  His videos is more for "mature" players rather than being polite (there are lots of f*** and some kind of insults from time to time).  Other than that! good stuff..

[SFT]
Members
317 posts
7,399 battles

Flamu is pretty good and a highly recommended sub.

Other channels I higly recommend are Notser (https://www.youtube.com/user/MrNotser), he has great video reviews and gameplay matches; Business6, a cool guy if you ever encounter him playing, and also has very detailed looks at ships (https://www.youtube.com/user/Business6) and also an awesome voice (no [edited]); and of course iChaseGaming, who can teach you lots about the game (https://www.youtube.com/user/ichasegaming)

Also, check out Aerroon, atsf and PointyHairedJedi for some fun matches and commentary.

[5D6]
[5D6]
Members
693 posts
18,932 battles

Oh god....lets not promote youtubers/twitch especially Flamu. He does have some skill in wows but is a terrible person. Dont make the mistake I did and try to say something in his twitch chat. He will belittle and berate you. 

• Cool 5

[SFT]
Members
317 posts
7,399 battles

Oh god....lets not promote youtubers/twitch especially Flamu. He does have some skill in wows but is a terrible person. Dont make the mistake I did and try to say something in his twitch chat. He will belittle and berate you. 

Really? Wow thats a shame...:(

Members
3,530 posts
14,291 battles

Really? Wow thats a shame...:(

I'm hesitant to believe that.  I watch frequently and have not seen that to be the usual behavior.

Does he get salty over campers or people that have no clue what they are doing, you betcha, I do to.  I do feel his videos and streaming do far more good for the community then bad.  He does get pretty sarcastic with people saying XYZ ship is weak or UP especially when people have not even played the ship, but to make the assertion that he is a terrible person will need proof for me to believe it. 

[5IN]
Members
1,371 posts
33,735 battles

What bull crap.

He has a sense of humor unlike just about every snowflake streamer on twitch.

Flamu is one of the very few streamers that will actually laugh at themselves.

[0456]
Members
3,945 posts
10,545 battles

I'm straight to ichase and noster- jingles for different stuff (platform reviews) but the former two are the guys I turn to when I'm suffering. Noster in particular wins my praise from his dynamic gunsight video. Completely changed the game for me. Ichase gets praise for basically everything else. I mean he's just a stalwart contributor and from what I can tell a pretty great guy overall for the community. 

I don't care for [edited]Unicum gamers who just use their channels as opportunities to smear their awesomesauce all over everyone's eyes. Got other channels for that and they don't include dorky gaming jagoffs. 

• Cool 1

[RRC]
Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
833 posts
8,626 battles

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkU8r_3twrrfrylm5zzUUEw

I have my channel. I try to provide insights to my play style (what im doing and why) as opposed to critiquing and insulting other players who are doing things wrong. My basic philosophy both in game and on my channel is if you're a bad player or below-average player or even an average player I never going to tell you to do awful things because I want you to keep playing and hopefully improve your game play.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,080 posts
60,239 battles

The YouTubers I will regulary check are atsf and Jingles.  I find them to be entertaining and informative.  I've watched videos from other streamers and for one reason or the other, I can't tolerate watching/listening to them for more than a couple of minutes.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Anybody that is remotely decent or has mundane understanding of the game knows about Flamu. Either in a good or bad way.

My favorite thing about him is that he's pretty great in all classes. Unlike some equally known players amongst the community, who specialize in 1-2 classes only, this guy is equally great in all 4 classes. Personally, I don't mind his attitude, but I can see why it would rub some people off in the wrong way.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkU8r_3twrrfrylm5zzUUEw

I have my channel. I try to provide insights to my play style (what im doing and why) as opposed to critiquing and insulting other players who are doing things wrong. My basic philosophy both in game and on my channel is if you're a bad player or below-average player or even an average player I never going to tell you to do awful things because I want you to keep playing and hopefully improve your game play.

Gotta enjoy the salt miners while they are at their prime though XD

[KIA-A]
Members
796 posts
16,394 battles

I personally like Flamu... the only thing that would be an issue is language.  His videos is more for "mature" players rather than being polite (there are lots of f*** and some kind of insults from time to time).  Other than that! good stuff..

And being concerned about that is why the majority of the player population has sub par stats.  They are all used to being told they are doing just fine in last place and anything other than that triggers them into a rage rant about how it's just a game and they play for fun.  Sometimes people need to be told they suck donkey d*** and need to uninstall or get better.  
Edited by Jackbear1
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,196 posts

He tends to insult followed by ignore anyone who has a different opinion than he does so... Frak that guy and everything he touches. 
  • Cool 2

[RRC]
Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
833 posts
8,626 battles

And being concerned about that is why the majority of the player population has sub par stats.  They are all used to being told they are doing just fine in last place and anything other than that triggers them into a rage rant about how it's just a game and they play for fun.  Sometimes people need to be told they suck donkey d*** and need to uninstall or get better.  

I will call people out in game. But I will never tell them to uninstall. Rather I suggest they go watch some videos and try out whats being suggested. Anything beyond asking if they are a bot is really just contributing to a toxic game community and will result in no more in game chat

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

While this was the first video I have ever seen of Flamu's and tbh, I don't really view anyone's video's on a regular basis outside of ship reviews IE NoZoupforyou coupled with LWM and Lert's readings. I did find the format pretty decent and I liked some aspects on what he covered, especially when he covered saving a turret to finish off another target when you know a round or two will do the trick on a target already engaged (maximizing the ships effectiveness). One thing he did mention that I disagreed with (he even mentioned it was highly debatable, but then followed with "easily the best choice") was the damage control module #2.

It is actually debatable tbh as it comes down to damage taken vs damage avoided. I've stuck with the rudder shift module for a very long time, probably 600+ battles or more (in the New Mexico) and as you can see in his video, the rudder shift time is at 13.5 seconds, which is pretty good. At the moment, mine is at 10.8 seconds on the New Mexico and unfortunately due to so many large patches, I cannot upload the videos for viewing or else I would upload some replays of dodging torpedo's from 2 - 3 and sometimes 4 DD's at a time. At times, ya, I do eat one or even 2, but at the same time, I'm dodging full spreads (side note, after 2 or 3 large patches iirc from Jammer at wowreplays.com, the replays can't be viewed anymore or something to that effect).  So again, it's a debatable module.

Lastly though, I will never understand the, well I don't know what to call it tbh as it's not hate or discontent, but people can upload what they want to YouTube or whatever media they choose. It's the way the world is now days, who chooses to view it is just that, a person or player. lol Neither good nor bad, neither fanboy nor hater, etc.. Why this proverbial war of "X" is better than "Y" is truly beyond me or even better yet as someone posted and I will paraphrase "anyone who is remotely good knows about *X*".

The whole thing is ridiculous guys. It looks like these YouTubers have tried to help the community and in turn the community is trying to start a "Tastes Great/Less Filling" argument. Different people have different play styles and different people appeal to others. I've seen a couple of "How to New Mexico" video's today and both are very good and bring of some very good points. Some aspects I don't agree with, though I'm not claiming to be a guru of the ship either as all of the ships in the game can be played to suite different play styles. That's the long and short of it.

[KIA-A]
Members
796 posts
16,394 battles

He tends to insult followed by ignore anyone who has a different opinion than he does so... Frak that guy and everything he touches. 

Yet his stats are 10-20% better than your in nearly every category so maybe frak your point of view and you should take notes
  • Meh 1

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

Yet his stats are 10-20% better than your in nearly every category so maybe frak your point of view and you should take notes

Being a good player does not give you a license to be a jerk. Now, I have no idea if Flamu is one or not; I don't know the guy and do not accept others judgement for stuff like this. 

But players stats should not be used against them

[KIA-A]
Members
796 posts
16,394 battles

Being a good player does not give you a license to be a jerk. Now, I have no idea if Flamu is one or not; I don't know the guy and do not accept others judgement for stuff like this. 

But players stats should not be used against them

You are entitled to your opinion, doesnt mean i have to care

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,659 battles

Perhaps you should remember to click the "solo" tab. You'd see their statistics are fairly even.

Just pointing that out.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,659 battles

You are entitled to your opinion, doesnt mean i have to care

Didn't Hitler say the same thing about starting a two front war?

• Cool 1