Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Heat_Round

TEXAS was stealth nerfed BTW

32 comments in this topic

[NAM-3]
Members
78 posts

Just in case you didn't notice, the premium ship "Texas" was stealth nerfed the first patch after it was released.   For those of you unfamiliar, a "Stealth nerfing" Its when they nerf something, and don't mention it in the patch notes so they can avoid any backlash from people who own that ship.

I purchased the Texas the first day of release.   At release it had a main gun dispersion of 216m, the same as the upgraded NY.  I checked and compared it to NY when I purchased it and it was the same on that day.   If you refer to Jingles video on the Texas at the 5 minute mark you can see the original dispersion.  

Right now the Texas now has a dispersion of 241m, not 216m.

They basically waited for the hype of a NY class with lots of AA to gain lots of sales, then flipped everyone who purchased one the bird by nerfing it about a month later.

The dispersion on Texas should be the same as an upgraded NY.  There is not any reasonable excuse why two ships with the same guns and gun directors should have a different dispersion.  Especially since the Texas is supposed to be a MODERNIZED NY class. 

Also,, Texas was supposed to be a special "Limited release"  ship.  one of those ships that's rare because it only goes on sale for a limited time once a year.    But the following month WG used its other hand to flip us a second bird by adding it to the tech tree.

Members
4,274 posts
4,649 battles

What is the range on your Texas by any chance? Is it around 17.4km?

Edited by Cruiser_Noshiro

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

I can't believe I actually wasted 500k credits just to prove a point...

Here you go:

On the left, Texas dispersion without range upgrade, on the right Texas dispersion with range upgrade

urTDxYY.jpg

• Cool 10

Members
1,699 posts
9,031 battles

Just in case you didn't notice, the premium ship "Texas" was stealth nerfed the first patch after it was released.   For those of you unfamiliar, a "Stealth nerfing" Its when they nerf something, and don't mention it in the patch notes so they can avoid any backlash from people who own that ship.

I purchased the Texas the first day of release.   At release it had a main gun dispersion of 216m, the same as the upgraded NY.  I checked and compared it to NY when I purchased it and it was the same on that day.   If you refer to Jingles video on the Texas at the 5 minute mark you can see the original dispersion.  

Right now the Texas now has a dispersion of 241m, not 216m.

They basically waited for the hype of a NY class with lots of AA to gain lots of sales, then flipped everyone who purchased one the bird by nerfing it about a month later.

The dispersion on Texas should be the same as an upgraded NY.  There is not any reasonable excuse why two ships with the same guns and gun directors should have a different dispersion.  Especially since the Texas is supposed to be a MODERNIZED NY class. 

Also,, Texas was supposed to be a special "Limited release"  ship.  one of those ships that's rare because it only goes on sale for a limited time once a year.    But the following month WG used its other hand to flip us a second bird by adding it to the tech tree.

so what happen to your real account?

[-NACL]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,697 posts
28,327 battles

Eh... Texarkana wasn't nerfed by her performance, bro... it was nerfed by giving it prejudicial MM, and making sure she sees more tier 7 matches than 6 and below. But yeah, everyone else already showed the evidence. 

Artillery Plotting Room helps curb the range, but it decreases your accuracy at range... not by stat, but by that fact that at greater ranges, you have greater dispersion. 

Also... Jingles is a terribad example of a source for any relevant data. He's good for a few laughs, but he's a terrible gamer. Should see his performances in Warplanes and WarThunder. 

Edited by SkywhaleExpress

Members
909 posts

8>< List of unproven and false statements removed for brevity ><8

It never occurred to you that adding range without increasing accuracy would increase the dispersion? As for your other allegations, what's your source?

[SPTR]
Members
4,023 posts
1,090 battles

Hello Texas owner, have you met those that own the Warspite/Tirpitz yet?

• Cool 1

Members
488 posts
10,310 battles

I can't believe I actually wasted 500k credits just to prove a point...

Here you go:

Here you go. Have a +1. Buy yourself something nice with it.

• Cool 1

Members
1,022 posts
13,341 battles

HEY heat round, you can stealth BUFF your TEXAS super quick and easy. click on the range upgrade then his the magic X and you have an instant stealth BUFF ! all the pros know about this....

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Lol who wants popcorn? I'll try to throw it long range if I can handle the dispersion on my popcorn launcher. :popcorn:

• Cool 1

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,360 battles

Omg how long are we going to beat up on this poor potato......:bajan:

Top thread of the day here......:red_button:

Edited by vind21
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this