Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkywhaleExpress

Nurf USN CV's plz...

25 comments in this topic

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I don't care, Bogue should be nerfed anyways. Its fighters are slightly OP. I've lost against Bogue fighters with my Zuiho fighters while outnumbering them 2 to 1. 

[SPTR]
Members
20,155 posts
6,159 battles

I don't care, Bogue should be nerfed anyways. Its fighters are slightly OP. I've lost against Bogue fighters with my Zuiho fighters while outnumbering them 2 to 1. 

Well, your TBs still got off the drop. You should try playing Bouge sometime, especially Strike. It's an utter nightmare.

• Cool 2

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Well, your TBs still got off the drop. You should try playing Bouge sometime, especially Strike. It's an utter nightmare.

As i have told you before, you only get two or three tries if the Bogue player is at least semi-competent, because Bogue fighters shred all planes, even if they are heavily outnumbered. USN Strike loadouts is another story though. 

[-NACL]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,697 posts
28,344 battles

As i have told you before, you only get two or three tries if the Bogue player is at least semi-competent, because Bogue fighters shred all planes, even if they are heavily outnumbered. USN Strike loadouts is another story though. 

numbers don't lie, bro. IJN win because they're able to effect the battle - damage-wise --, USN lose because only Saipan and Midway can.

[SPTR]
Members
20,155 posts
6,159 battles

Yes, I know, but think about it that "you have dealt more damage in one of those runs than that guy will do the whole match". 

And in my defense, I have never, NEVER used AS. I don't even have it researched and bought. 

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Yes, I know, but think about it that "you have dealt more damage in one of those runs than that guy will do the whole match". 

And in my defense, I have never, NEVER used AS. I don't even have it researched and bought. 

Well it's still very frustrating, both for you and your opponent. You will constantly get your planes shot down, and the opponent will earn mediocre damage and XP. The easy solution would be to remove AS loadouts from the game, but since some people want to be lazy and love to do nothing but point and click the entire game, AS loadouts are here to stay. 

Also, if the Bogue keeps dropping with that 1 DB squad, he might do some decent damage with manual attacks. 

[SPTR]
Members
20,155 posts
6,159 battles

Well it's still very frustrating, both for you and your opponent. You will constantly get your planes shot down, and the opponent will earn mediocre damage and XP. The easy solution would be to remove AS loadouts from the game, but since some people want to be lazy and love to do nothing but point and click the entire game, AS loadouts are here to stay. 

Also, if the Bogue keeps dropping with that 1 DB squad, he might do some decent damage with manual attacks. 

Eh, no. It's 1 DB. Not much else. And Manual DBS are HARD.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

True, i never got a hang of how to manually drop with DBs. I usually end up clicking at the wrong spot. But a very good CV player can do wonders with manual drops. 

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

numbers don't lie, bro. IJN win because they're able to effect the battle - damage-wise --, USN lose because only Saipan and Midway can.

An excellent assessment of CVs

[SPTR]
Members
20,155 posts
6,159 battles

True, i never got a hang of how to manually drop with DBs. I usually end up clicking at the wrong spot. But a very good CV player can do wonders with manual drops. 

And then the target uses WASD hack.

*insert Darth Vader NOOOOO here*

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

Nowadays, fighter load gets 2 dive bombers starting at Ranger...no such luck in the Beta days when the USN went all-out on fighters when it comes to AS, leaving that single dive bomber squad to do damage. Bogue also has only 10 planes in reserve if running 3 squads, so running out of bombers at some point is a real possibility.

...don't forget about the magic button that extinguish fire by wishing it away...that's where most of the bombers' damage come from.

Members
449 posts

I've only played USN CVs so I can't directly comment on the USN vs IJN balance situation and whether one is more unfair than the other. The only thing I can relate to is from the bias of a USN CV operator. Sure, sometimes the IJN seem a bit overwhelming, other times not so much. I suppose it depends on the loadout in any given battle. For the longest time I flew with AS loadout and preferred it. But it gets stale and doesn't give a USN CV much to do and while I can have an impact on the battle at times, it certainly doesn't feel like I'm able to do much. Mainly I spend much of my time scouting and defending more than anything. I'd love to have more of a strike role and do plan on playing the IJN carriers in the near future. Once I do then hopefully it will give me a clearer picture.

With respect to one known balance issue, with all the ruckus over the Saipan being overpowered, well, all those hundreds (thousands?) of posts and complaints about it have to be there for a reason. It was only 2 to 5 people only complaining, maybe could chalk it up to lack of experience, of which I fall into myself at times. But when I'm seeing post after post after post, complaint after complaint, in the forums, third-party sites and even occasional in-game chatter... that tells me something is wrong with the ship and I've never even played it, lol. I'm a big foe of any form of pay-to-win scheme. It's against the sporting code in esports, it's also shameless profiteering. The game developers deserve to make money, sure. But not at the expense of the integrity of the game. Whether someone spend $5,000 on the game or spent none shouldn't determine who wins or loses a battle in the game. WoT has been afflicted with that for some time now. People should want to buy the in-game items simply because they give a non-balance-destroying perk or perks, or a form of uniqueness. Yet, still be balanced and fit in with the normal components of the game.

I'm also not sure I like this new angle WG is working that is essentially perk stacking, or perks on top of perks. Like the premium camo perk on top of an already existing premium ship. That's creating a whole other level of expense to the game. Sure, on the one hand it is similar to the other camo that comes with the ship. Yet, it provides perks to the ship's already existent perks, such as boosting even further its money-making ability. Essentially creating a new echelon of ships. Now we'll have Normal tech tree ships, Premium ships that give perks, now they're rolling out Premium-Plus™ ships (trademarked yet?) that give double perks or stacked perks or perks on top of existent perks. However you want to describe it, it is what it is. 

And what does that mean for the in-game economy? Are free-to-play players suddenly gonna start getting squeezed out of in-game items because they can't grind fast enough, unless they cough up the money for the Premium-Plus™ line of ships that pay far and away more than even standard premium ships. On the surface it may seem discreet, yet it has the potential to upset the game balance with the result being that F2P players are mere hapless cannon fodder for the P2W players. Now, if that doesn't happen and the game has built-in safeguards to prevent just such a scenario, then great. Promote that.

Edited by Destin65

[SPTR]
Members
20,155 posts
6,159 battles

Nowadays, fighter load gets 2 dive bombers starting at Ranger...no such luck in the Beta days when the USN went all-out on fighters when it comes to AS, leaving that single dive bomber squad to do damage. Bogue also has only 10 planes in reserve if running 3 squads, so running out of bombers at some point is a real possibility.

...don't forget about the magic button that extinguish fire by wishing it away...that's where most of the bombers' damage come from.

So in short it's just horrible.

[-NACL]
1,697 posts
28,344 battles

Also, Taiho have 3x fighters, 2x TB, 2xDB  or  2/3/2..... Can't exactly claim they're underpowered when they can block a full fighter loaded Essex and still bomb everything and torp everything in sight. Whilst Essex can barely do the same.

Maybe eliminate fighters at all, and have USN be DB heavy? But give us equal squadrons. FFS

Edited by SkywhaleExpress

Members
569 posts
12,978 battles

47.x% win rate is OP!!!!

CV Win Rate.JPG

Actually, this data that you posted indicates that the IJN CV's need to be nerfed, not the USN CV's

You have posted data that does not support your argument.

Your post thus makes no sense at all.

Edited by Lance53

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Actually, this data that you posted indicates that the IJN CV's need to be nerfed, not the USN CV's

:facepalm: I hope you're kidding. (*hinthintclickbait*)
Edited by Aduial

Members
160 posts
2,705 battles

So let me get this straight, all but one US CV has a 47% win rate so you need to nerf US CV, and Jap CV for the most part all range in the 50% win rate. I guess I'm missing something. Now I know I got out of school about 35 years ago, but I don't think math has changed that much... or maybe it the new millennials why of doing math but 50% is better then 47% right? I think what you mean to say is the US CV AS keeps kicking (my a$$) and instead of learning to be evasive and better with my bombers and torpedo planes, I would just like my participation trophy.

[SPTR]
Members
20,155 posts
6,159 battles

So let me get this straight, all but one US CV has a 47% win rate so you need to nerf US CV, and Jap CV for the most part all range in the 50% win rate. I guess I'm missing something. Now I know I got out of school about 35 years ago, but I don't think math has changed that much... or maybe it the new millennials why of doing math but 50% is better then 47% right? I think what you mean to say is the US CV AS keeps kicking (my a$$) and instead of learning to be evasive and better with my bombers and torpedo planes, I would just like my participation trophy.

Calm down, it's sarcasm...

Members
160 posts
2,705 battles

Maybe for you it was, but sadly their really are players out there who truly believe that US CV's are op and are always crying to nerf them.

Edited by Thatguy_EAS_0311

Members
842 posts
9,792 battles

Lining up a DB to be parallel to a ship isn't hard. Zoom in if you need to.

[-NACL]
1,697 posts
28,344 battles

Hopefully, my humour was not lost on an overly literal person.

Maybe for you it was, but sadly their really are players out there who truly believe that US CV's are op and are always crying to nerf them.

This is why I am being sarcasmic

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

Lining up a DB to be parallel to a ship isn't hard. Zoom in if you need to.

...and they all hit the outer rim of the circle dealing a grand total of 0 damage...

Even with manual drop, it's still down to luck.

Members
842 posts
9,792 battles

...and they all hit the outer rim of the circle dealing a grand total of 0 damage...

Even with manual drop, it's still down to luck.

You'll usually get 2-3 hits or so. Not hard to do.

Sign in to follow this