You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sink_Stuff

World of Worthless Battleship Drivers

72 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

Playing this game right now is utterly pointless. I already posted my I'm gone post, but I figured I would just play a few games just to get one win for the Pirate flag. But no, every single game was half filled with Battleship Drivers, and you know what that means, total loss games every single time.

There simply is no enjoyment in the game anymore when half the health and damage potential of the team is in the hands of worthless battleship drivers. What it means is that just 3 horrible bb players on your team will cost you the win almost every single time.

How many posts now from 60% win players are there complaining that on weekends they get 30% win rates. Why? It is because battleships are made so much more powerful than other ships that your battleship players will determine almost every single game. Now, half of every game is filled with battleship players and most of them, about 90% of them utterly suck at the game. This makes playing the game unbearable at this point, completely unbearable.

This game right now simply isn't worth worm dirt for playing since you have to play with utter newbs who's importance is out of all proportion to their value. The game is completely in the hands now of battleship players and almost all the newbs in the game now play battleships. Cruisers are practically worthless.

So once again we have a game that is completely dominated and in the hands of the worst players because WOWS wants to make World of Worthless Battleship Players.

Have fun, oh, never mind, instead have nothing but a frustrating time trying to win games when it is completely in the hands of the most worthless players on your team and there is nothing that you can do about it.

• Cool 2

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

Take your Barbie Dolls out back and play with the girls. We will call you when its time to change your diaper.

• Cool 3

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,307 posts
9,146 battles

He has a point. BB are the least reliable teammates and youd be hard pressed to actually find a decent BB player

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

Take your Barbie Dolls out back and play with the girls. We will call you when its time to change your diaper.

(comments removed because I am apparently not allowed to point out how a certain player plays the game.)

Edited by Rounne

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

Aren't all of Rounne's posts variations on this post?

Yeah pretty much. But the fact that even wargaming is now going to nerf almost all tier 8-10 bb's in the game tells you something. At least, maybe tier 8 play will be ok?

• Cool 1

Members
1,744 posts
8,862 battles

Eh. US cruisers are in a bad place, and every other cruiser line (except russian) has some bad ships, which means cruisers in general are weak.  I think BBs probably draw a lot of people who would be playing cruisers, but get fed up with them.

Other than that, it's foolish to think that have a lot of battleships in a match guarantees a loss, because they get divided between both teams. It would be more reasonable to think that you're losing because you keep getting put on the same team with a player who lacks basic logic skills.

Poorly-played BBs do cost their team a lot. Mostly you need to anticipate where the fighting is going to be and get moving there early, and not be afraid to get stuck in while you have backup.

Poorly played DDs also cost their team. I can't count how many times I've pulled up to a point ready to back up my team's DDs, but our DDs pop smoke and then sit in it where they can't spot, making me unable to kill whatever it was which was threatening them. Or worse, they see an enemy DD already there and they just run. A couple of games ago, my North Carolina got sunk by an allied Shimikaze who ran at the first sign of enemies, then when I was there to kill the thing that made him run he would not spot and instead just left me getting pelted by invisi-fire, and finally when he decided to fire blind at the enemies he did it from max range, which was behind me, and caught me with two torps.

Poorly-played cruisers don't make nearly the same difference, because nobody relies on the to do their job anyway.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I think bad players congregate to ships that allows them to be lazy.

20km torps? sit in the back and be lazy

good armor? forget WASD exists and be lazy

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

Eh. US cruisers are in a bad place, and every other cruiser line (except russian) has some bad ships, which means cruisers in general are weak.  I think BBs probably draw a lot of people who would be playing cruisers, but get fed up with them.

Other than that, it's foolish to think that have a lot of battleships in a match guarantees a loss, because they get divided between both teams. It would be more reasonable to think that you're losing because you keep getting put on the same team with a player who lacks basic logic skills.

Poorly-played BBs do cost their team a lot. Mostly you need to anticipate where the fighting is going to be and get moving there early, and not be afraid to get stuck in while you have backup.

Poorly played DDs also cost their team. I can't count how many times I've pulled up to a point ready to back up my team's DDs, but our DDs pop smoke and then sit in it where they can't spot, making me unable to kill whatever it was which was threatening them. Or worse, they see an enemy DD already there and they just run. A couple of games ago, my North Carolina got sunk by an allied Shimikaze who ran at the first sign of enemies, then when I was there to kill the thing that made him run he would not spot and instead just left me getting pelted by invisi-fire, and finally when he decided to fire blind at the enemies he did it from max range, which was behind me, and caught me with two torps.

Poorly-played cruisers don't make nearly the same difference, because nobody relies on the to do their job anyway.

You can suffer the loss of cruisers and of YOLO dd players. Cruisers are utterly weak and nothing but citadels and detonations waiting to happen when they get spotted. The fact that they are most often the first ones killed on both teams doesn't decide the game. As well, destroyers often YOLO or die quickly trying to cap too early. So, the game is not largely decided by destroyers either. 

Instead though, it is BB players who decide the game. If they can't hit the broad side of a barn, don't use their greater health and regens, and do not tank damage correctly with their armor then that WILL COST YOU THE GAME. No other ship can really do enough damage to ther ships while still being able to take damage as a battleship can. And so, if your BB drivers suck and they die without doing much of any damage to the enemy BB's then your team has a huge health disadvantage to overcome. Since BB's out range every other ship, only stealth can even the odds, and most cruisers and destroyers don't have stealth. So, a bunch of retarded BB players on your team will ALWAYS cost you the game.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Like i said, it's all about context. I might look at that guy who has a 40% WR, and say, "wow, what a potato". But the purple players will probably look at me and say, "git gud yourself". 

Point here? If you are not perfect yourself, don't go complaining about how bad other people are. Some people are not as good as you, and you just gotta deal with it. 

[CAFE]
Members
394 posts
11,074 battles

In my experiences poor battleship players cost the game as many times as poor destroyer players. Poor cruiser players don't tend to cost games, but good cruiser players can swing a game in their favour. And poor carrier players almost always cost the game.

In battles it seems like the ratio of poor battleship players to poor destroyer players is about equal and can be equally frustrating in their own way.

[NMKJT]
Members
4,299 posts
9,133 battles

I think bad players congregate to ships that allows them to be lazy.

20km torps? sit in the back and be lazy

good armor? forget WASD exists and be lazy

I'd say more safe then lazy. Bad players hate being under threat. You see them run for the hills even in lower tier games, they just don't wanna deal with stuff that shoots back and gets close.

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
13,729 battles

Like i said, it's all about context. I might look at that guy who has a 40% WR, and say, "wow, what a potato". But the purple players will probably look at me and say, "git gud yourself". 

Point here? If you are not perfect yourself, don't go complaining about how bad other people are. Some people are not as good as you, and you just gotta deal with it. 

The essential problem is not the utterly pathetic players in the game. The problem is that Battleships have such a disproportionate unbalanced affect on the game that makes them so critical. Balance of the game is the major problem.

1. This is an arena game.

In a arena game all players need to have a similar ability to affect the outcome of the game. If you completely disproportionately give some players a far greater advantage in an arena game then you have basically ruined the game for every other player that has the defacto significant disadvantage. At this point, there is simply no reason not to play Battleships or carriers because they have a far greater ability to carry a game than cruisers or destroyers do. The Arena is completely unbalanced because of the subject matter of the game itself, warships.

2. Game will never float far until the arena is balanced.

You can't have an arena game where some players have a huge advantage over others. The longer this game goes on, the more people will understand this and play battleships and carriers. WOWS will have no choice, but to do what they are starting to do right now, which is nerf battleships across the board. But this company is too slow to recognize basic game realities for them to actually fix the inherent problem. The inherant problem itself is from the utterly flawed concept of an arena game where some players are vastly more superior in abilities than other players. This itself simply cannot be sustained and completely explains why so few people actually play this game for very long. The problem is the concept and implementation of the arena concept itself in the subject matter.

The end result right now is that the game simply isn't worth playing unless you play a battleship or a carrier well. And even then, you can toss out any hope of actually winning the game unless you can completely carry every single one, even in a battleship. There are simply too many utterly horrible players playing disproportionately necessary ships.

This entire problem of battleships being op and cruisers being worthless all points to utterly horrible decisions made by WOWS, a company that clearly does not understand arena style game play. The fact that most players have left WOT now in US is all you need to know that. But the fact that they are creating the same kinds of arena game play problems in this game brings the point home. These developers are NOT good at making games. They do NOT understand arena style play.

Edited by Rounne
  • Cool 2

[CAFE]
Members
394 posts
11,074 battles

Oh I misinterpreted the OP, thinking it was a rant about player skill.

Destroyers can impact/carry a game to the same scale of a battleship, maybe even more. Cruisers not so much, they are in a bad place right now.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

The essential problem is not the utterly pathetic players in the game. The problem is that Battleships have such a disproportionate unbalanced affect on the game that makes them so critical. Balance of the game is the major problem.

-snip-

I honestly don't think battleships impact the game much more than others. This is why:

Damage dealt: BB>CA>DD

Cap control: DD>CA=BB

In other words, DDs and BBs have roughly the same impact on the game, while CAs are a bit weak. 

Members
397 posts

Playing this game right now is utterly pointless. I already posted my I'm gone post, but I figured I would just play a few games just to get one win for the Pirate flag. But no, every single game was half filled with Battleship Drivers, and you know what that means, total loss games every single time.

There simply is no enjoyment in the game anymore when half the health and damage potential of the team is in the hands of worthless battleship drivers. What it means is that just 3 horrible bb players on your team will cost you the win almost every single time.

How many posts now from 60% win players are there complaining that on weekends they get 30% win rates. Why? It is because battleships are made so much more powerful than other ships that your battleship players will determine almost every single game. Now, half of every game is filled with battleship players and most of them, about 90% of them utterly suck at the game. This makes playing the game unbearable at this point, completely unbearable.

This game right now simply isn't worth worm dirt for playing since you have to play with utter newbs who's importance is out of all proportion to their value. The game is completely in the hands now of battleship players and almost all the newbs in the game now play battleships. Cruisers are practically worthless.

So once again we have a game that is completely dominated and in the hands of the worst players because WOWS wants to make World of Worthless Battleship Players.

Have fun, oh, never mind, instead have nothing but a frustrating time trying to win games when it is completely in the hands of the most worthless players on your team and there is nothing that you can do about it.

Ckupf....little else in your brain, you make me sad or you just make me puck not sure: lolo haha.

Rounne....you're so right. And I believe approximately 90% of all player are useless in every class of ships. But to pile more crap on crap, I finished a T10 march presently and we won handily. My ZAO was a terror with kills, 48hits main guns, 24 secondary hits, 2 citadel, 3 torp hits....for a total of 7 summery entries in the after action screen. I wasn't destroyed either.

Guess what...I actually lost 55,934 points. And I mean on top of these useless players (I was number 5 of 12 players BTW)  the 'repair bills' are nuts. I've tried a number of my T9, T10 ships and 55K is about the smallest losses I've suffered.

Jump right in Ckupf and the other morons with nothing but baloney and drivel to say. 'Its the players failure', it's not the game is shear fabrications and far too old to keep saying over and over again. I really don't care for a single word from people like Ckuof...go chuckle elsewhere.

Edited by tincan_SC

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles

The bad players for the most part, do not read the forums, do not know what is in patches, do not look at youtube WoWs videos or read any guides. Most of them either just do not care or just do not know they are bad. 

I have just given up on posting about bad players do to the fact that 90% of them will never even read the forums and see the post. I think my signature pretty much sums it up...

[2GOOD]
Members
943 posts
23,091 battles

Rounne does have a point, though I hope he doesn't carry over all this salt into his real life. There has been a large influx of players to the battleship lines since the German battleships came out and a lot of these players are pretty poor at WoWs.

I wouldn't agree that

the game simply isn't worth playing unless you play a battleship or a carrier well

I find the destroyers and cruisers I play highly rewarding, though having a good game with a cruiser requires a lot more luck.

The game is completely in the hands now of battleship players

Nope, destroyers can and will punish every failure to use the WASD hack.

This game right now simply isn't worth worm dirt for playing since you have to play with utter newbs who's importance is out of all proportion to their value.

So it's like most of the MMO style games available.. Perhaps try helping them to get better by explaining rather than raging.

Members
449 posts

Ever notice how the people with the trophy stat banners are the ones who seemingly never play BBs and say it's hard to find a good BB driver? Maybe the experts should start learning!

Members
449 posts

I'd say more safe then lazy. Bad players hate being under threat. You see them run for the hills even in lower tier games, they just don't wanna deal with stuff that shoots back and gets close.

I agree 100%, and then those same players show up on the forums anointing themselves experts in every ship while showing off their blue and purple stat banners. 

Beta Testers
297 posts
2,039 battles

The bad players for the most part, do not read the forums, do not know what is in patches, do not look at youtube  WoWs videos or read any guides. Most of them either just do not care or just do not know they are bad. 

I have just given up on posting about bad players do to the fact that 90% of them will never even read the forums and see the post. I think my signature pretty much sums it up...

Now I would add my two dimes of facts, Some male players thinks since they have a big battle with all this power they drive like very old little lady who can not see of the dashboard

and they scream when they get sunk or get mad when some one rams them, they scream all kinds of rude insults towards person who has done this to them, just makes me laugh very

hard that I must leave my computer and return 15 min later soon I start a new game, do all again