You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Abcsam

T10 nerf?

15 comments in this topic

[AOWAR]
[AOWAR]
Members
201 posts
5,773 battles

I have been palying for a year just got my T9 should we really care about the bb nerf? no one plays bb's at t10 let them nerf t10 into the floor all the good boats are at t5 -t8

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

I have been palying for a year just got my T9 should we really care about the bb nerf? no one plays bb's at t10 let them nerf t10 into the floor all the good boats are at t5 -t8

There's a reason there are so few tier 10 players. Either you get lolpenned by the Yamato and wiped off the map, or you're in the Yamato and everyone burns you to the waterline. Making the ships less survivable isn't going to make more people play them.
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,750 battles

There's a reason there are so few tier 10 players. Either you get lolpenned by the Yamato and wiped off the map, or you're in the Yamato and everyone burns you to the waterline. Making the ships less survivable isn't going to make more people play them.

grabs a dead horse*

you forgot the repair bill issue as well!:look:

starts beating the horse*

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,115 posts
7,282 battles

One of the biggest problems IMHO is the spotting mechanics and gun ranges. As it currently stands, if you try to do something (ie: pushing), you get spotted by DDs that are invisible, and then the entire enemy team focuses you down from long range (far enough away that the rest of your team can't hit back). WG need to find a way to encourage people to move forward into closer engagement ranges.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

One of the biggest problems IMHO is the spotting mechanics and gun ranges. As it currently stands, if you try to do something (ie: pushing), you get spotted by DDs that are invisible, and then the entire enemy team focuses you down from long range (far enough away that the rest of your team can't hit back). WG need to find a way to encourage people to move forward into closer engagement ranges.

If that was true, we would see camping at all tiers, because DDs at other tiers can spot you while being invisible. Since that is not the case, we can conclude that your argument is false. 

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,115 posts
7,282 battles

If that was true, we would see camping at all tiers, because DDs at other tiers can spot you while being invisible. Since that is not the case, we can conclude that your argument is false. 

The biggest difference at lower tiers is gun ranges (not 20km +). It's a combination of multiple factors, not just 1 that make the T10 battles stale.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,839 battles

I KNOW..

Let's reduce armor to make people push more.

Right.

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

grabs a dead horse*

you forgot the repair bill issue as well!:look:

starts beating the horse*

Maybe. Just maybe...If a lot of people are talking about something, it could be considered an issue. Gonna go ahead and throw that out there.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,839 battles

Maybe. Just maybe...If a lot of people are talking about something, it could be considered an issue. Gonna go ahead and throw that out there.

Well, at risk of thread drifting a little.. Just got out of a battle in the Chapayev.  A modest 50K damage (SERVER AVG 40K), had a kill, won the match.

..lost 10K credits with premium account.   Not a whole pile of credit lost, but still a loss with paying 15/month for the privilege of a 'more comfortable economy'   ... not tier 10, premium account, still lose credits doing 10K over server average in ship.

Anyone see a problem with this?   Apparently not WG.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,318 battles

Yeah, and by that I mean ... No.

The biggest difference at lower tiers is gun ranges (not 20km +). It's a combination of multiple factors, not just 1 that make the T10 battles stale.

I think Gun ranges are a significant part of what changes the equation at lower tiers. I think another significant factor is finances at lower tiers compared to higher tiers. It is really hard to lose money at tier 5 and it is really hard to make money at tier 10, so Captains have less to lose at lower tiers and so are less afraid of the consequences of brawling at close quarters.

Members
3,003 posts
1,451 battles

Like reduce citadel hit damage so being hit wont randomly mean you are erased.....

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Yeah, and by that I mean ... No.

I like how you keep disagreeing with me, yet you don't provide the reasoning behind your point of view. 

[P2W]
Members
615 posts
7,899 battles

I play BBs at T10 and they are fine. Need neither a nerf nor buff.

Your Yamato average damage is 31K higher then your montana average damage but you see these ships as equals? Main battery hit is also 5% higher with yamato.
  • Cool 1