Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RizeKamishiro

Things to consider with the 0.5.12 "update"

7 comments in this topic

Members
165 posts
6,559 battles

-If the Bow armor of BB's do get nerfed in the live server, we're probably gonna see more IJN BB play style. And annoyingly we're gonna have a slower gameplay.

-shouldn't WG increase effectiveness of angling too??

-BB's are already being melted by HE when bow on, I dont think BB players would appreciate getting citadeled bow on while burning too death.

-The armor change makes the "always hide your broadside" obsolete.

-so should we expect buffs with the current turn radius or getting a thicker side armor?

-Will the USN BB's become more fragile than it already is when update is implemented?

*side note: WG, do you ever plan to increase profit in VIII-X.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Have you played with any T5 BB versus 356mm?

Have you played any T6 or T7 BB versus 380mm+?

That should answer your question.

[PO7S]
Members
344 posts
19,933 battles

I am getting very frustrated lately with all the fires.  Now all of a sudden I have 3 or 4 fires at once and no hope of putting them out so yea I get pissed and go to port I lost anyway so why stick around. 

Seems it doesn't matter if I angle the ship or not my HP melt away when anybody shoots at me.

I posted on another thread that in actuality the ships (BB's) were designed to fire all three or four turrets angled at the enemy.  Firing only the front 2 turrets and not the 3rd turret is a loss of 33% of your fire power.  No way a commander would be satisfied with that.  Contrary to popular belief the normal firing of the main batteries was one gun firing per turret every 15 secs in other words 3 rounds downrange on target every 15 secs.  Only when providing artillery support on fixed  land targets did the ships fire a salvo of all turret guns at once since typically no one was shooting back.

Seems all this nerfing is making the game more unplayable.  Saturday I lost 2 million credits playing t8-10 ships.  I guess I should mothball all my T8-10 ships and only play T6-7.

Why does camouflage cost 22500 when I don't see any difference with or with out it?  I will see what it looks like in the test, next month is my anniversary month when  I will total up the amount of real money I spent on the game versus the frustration factor and decide if I will renew or not.

Edited by jagdoc

Beta Testers
15,669 posts
4,714 battles

-If the Bow armor of BB's do get nerfed in the live server, we're probably gonna see more IJN BB play style. And annoyingly we're gonna have a slower gameplay.

Most Likely

-shouldn't WG increase effectiveness of angling too??

Angling Still Works

-BB's are already being melted by HE when bow on, I dont think BB players would appreciate getting citadeled bow on while burning too death.

BBs take more damage from AP than fires. Fires and HE are cruisers only weapons against BBs.

-The armor change makes the "always hide your broadside" obsolete.

No, you can still hide it. Angle. Don't go bow on.

-so should we expect buffs with the current turn radius or getting a thicker side armor?

No

-Will the USN BB's become more fragile than it already is when update is implemented?

Admittedly, somewhat. Ncal and Iowa will be hit the worst IMO. On the plus side, it's an indirect buff to Colorado.

*side note: WG, do you ever plan to increase profit in VIII-X.

Hopefully

[PO7S]
Members
344 posts
19,933 battles

The game play is so slow now I actually play solitaire while waiting in the queue and then wait for ships to disperse.

Seems some BB's 19-21 knots is more like 10 knots.  Combine that with the short range of the main guns 14-16 km most of the fighting is done by them time you get in range it seems.  Why is it IJN BB's can shoot 19-21 km and USN BB's are 14-16 km for the same tier?  By the time I can engage half my HP are gone or at least 1 -2 repair consumables are used up.  One more thing R and T are damage control and repair parties on ALL ships so why is U all of a sudden used on a cruiser for repair party?

Since you are all about nerfing why don't you make the aircraft on BB's (ALL BB"S) dual purpose spotter and fighter.  Kind or ridiculous in a T4-6 battle and no fighter or AA to speak of.

• Cool 1

[PO7S]
Members
344 posts
19,933 battles

While I'm on my soap box what is with all the flags that do absolutely nothing for you.  I was awarded another flag today for something but it doesn't give me extra XP or Creds and since I can only fly one flag why would I fly that when I have a flag that does.  Why can't we fly ALL our bragging rights flags.

• Cool 1

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,307 posts
9,146 battles

bow on is less effective than angling.   There are a good number of angles between flat broadside and Bow on. BB players learn about as slow as the ships they drive. Itll take em a long time to adapt but there might possibly be less fires if cruisers can start using AP on BBs too

Sign in to follow this