Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Horatius431

Ranked Battle Prep

9 comments in this topic

[HEL-R]
[HEL-R]
Members
18 posts
12,849 battles

Just recently moved from Co Op to PVP   I have some tier 6 ships so I can play in ranked the next time up to a specific level.  I was wondering what the best tier 7 ship is for ranked play so I can play a little higher.  At the present I can go to a Nagato, Moyoko or a Pensacola or grind thru a couple of other Tier 6 ships Bayern or New Mexico then go to 7   I do not want to play a destroyer at that level.   I would like to get it now to learn and be ready later on.

Any advice will be appreciated,

Thanks 

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

If your only real hope for a tier 8 ship is an Amagi, Mogami or New Orleans, get your Amagi.  Tier 7's aren't usable in this upcoming ranked season.  You can use 6's on the earlier ranks and then you have to use 8's.

[ANKER]
Beta Testers
30 posts
11,046 battles

To be frank my friend a tier 7 is not a good choice. I believe this upcoming season is 6 and 8. if you must use a 7 I would suggest the moyoko. It can set a ton of fires which will allow damage. However after rank 10 you wont be competitive. My suggestion to you would be try to focus on getting a 6 you fell comfortable in and grind out to a tier 8. It will be rough and your are going to need a good capt. A lot of people in ranked will move 15+ point captains onto ships to increase their power.  

[IN3PT]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
6,511 battles

As I understand it, the next ranked season will be *only* tiers 6 & 8. So, if you're asking which T7 would be best for ranked... Sadly, none.

If you're asking which line to pursue to get to a T8, I would recommend a BB, probably the Amagi, cruisers are presently stuck somewhere between "only the best should consider bringing them to ranked" and "nobody should be bringing them to ranked" (save possibly MK or Atago)

Edit: Ninjas everywhere! And yeah, friendly advice, Pope knows boats, he's got the right idea.

Edited by El_Judarino

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

T8?

world of Bensons.

others: Atago, Bismarck

unsure: Chappy

T6?

Farragut, Bayern and Cleveland.

others: Buddy, Anshan

Still not entirely sure if Ranked will be before, during or after 0.5.12, which means that there might be upsets in ranked with renewed RNCL, Fubuki and Akizuki.

[HEL-R]
[HEL-R]
Members
18 posts
12,849 battles

Thanks for all of the information,  I did hear after I posted that it will be 6 and 8   I will do my best at Tier 6 and then grind for the next Ranked Session after the one coming soon. 

Sign in to follow this