You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

The role of cruisers and why do you play it?

18 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

After struggling for a bit I finally understand the role of cruisers.  Cruisers role is not to fight other cruisers, or enemy DDs, or fend off enemy planes.  The only role of cruisers is to feed citadel to BBs.  

as for why I play cruisers in the current stat is because after playing high tier russian DDs I feel really bad for bullying on BBs so then after I would hop in a cruiser so that I can give back to the community by letting enemy BBs farm my citadel

sometimes i feel extra generous I would bring out tier 9 cruisers so i can let BBs farm 2 citadels on me, go back and heal up and then let them farm some more.  

so thats my reason for playing cruisers, why do you play ? do you find it fun to play cruisers right now or you see it as kind of like service to the WOWS community?

Beta Testers
447 posts
3,946 battles

Because Hindenburg is fun..?

idk if i can associate tier 10 gameplay with fun, but i am sure Hindenburg is a good ship, i really want it actually

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Because it's fun to watch players rage as they burn to death.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,973 posts
13,112 battles

I play cruisers because they are horribly broken and overpowered, and can easily counter any other class.

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

idk if i can associate tier 10 gameplay with fun, but i am sure Hindenburg is a good ship, i really want it actually

I went concealment and range/accuracy+fire chance build with it. The detection and maneuverability are quite lackluster, but modules and skills can help with that. I wouldn't recommend the line for someone completely new, I'd point them towards IJN CAs first, then have them try VMF, then KM. This is because you start with HE spam, then are tugged away from the HE span towards AP, then finally pushed into an AP focused line.

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,115 posts
7,282 battles

Yes! Smacking stupids in BBs who think they can broadside cruiser is fun :D - 10-15k dmg every 9s

Members
646 posts
4,235 battles

Lets keep this going ....

Because you can set the world on fire with the Zao, every 10 hits:red_button: .

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Avoid shells from all ships, because you're agile enough. Never show broadside to other cruisers and BB's. Light on fire BB's, and AP at broadsided potatoes that aren't DD's. Defend caps, help cap yourself, help being supportive here an there. You'll have a good time on them if you follow that formula.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I like having both decent maneuverability and decent firepower. Besides, always being one-step away from deleted is also very exciting (*tries not to smirk*).

Beta Testers
259 posts

I play cruisers to support my BB's. Friend drives a Yammy, I run Hindenburg to provide AA support, or my Des Moines to run DD hunter. Stick with your BB, run ahead to hunt the much skill DD's and spot their walls of skill. Get in close when you need to shoot down planes. CA's fill a support role. They are not meant to go all lone wolf.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,848 posts
30,536 battles

I like having both decent maneuverability and decent firepower. Besides, always being one-step away from deleted is also very exciting (*tries not to smirk*).

As a Omaha/Murmansk player I say "AMEN!". Makes life exciting don't it?

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

My Atago makes DDs and BBs regret life decisions when I hit for 4k+ a salvo and start a fire. 

Members
807 posts
7,069 battles

I play the Des Moines to smite cowardly BBs with fire, to keep the DD population in check, and to be able to swat planes out of the sky for selfish and selfless reasons.

I also receive more credits playing the Des Moines over the Iowa at the end of each match, that's an important factor too as a F2P player.

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

When I play Cruisers, I do it for ONE reason: to hunt DDs

Then abuse the OP fire mechanics like no tomorrow muhaha.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,840 battles

Cruisers role is not to fight other cruisers

It is.

or enemy DD

Also this.

or fend off enemy planes

Of course this.

the only role of cruisers is to feed citadel to BBs

Sometimes you feed 'em, sometimes you burn 'em. And that's the way she goes.