Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Piete

Maybe my T5 ships can NOT end up in T7 battles.....

36 comments in this topic

[SHWBT]
Members
66 posts
7,761 battles

Lately it seems that my T5 ships (Minekaze and Konig) end up in battles more heavily loaded with T6/7 ships than anything else. This wouldn't be a problem if T5s were meant to fight T7s. I don't see why MM has such a hard time finding plenty of 5s when I have a T4 but not when I have a T5. It's really starting to kill my stats.

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

The issue is that a couple patches ago they changed the MM so now T4 ships only see ships +/- 1 tier, so T4 cannot be in a T6 match.  As such, T5 ships are either top tier in a T4/T5 battle, or bottom tier in a T6 battle or real bottom tier in T7 battle.  There have been multiple threads on this issue recently.

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

ya, T5 sees more T7 than it did before due to T3/4 MM changes. some make a huge deal out of it, claiming 9/10 matches are -2 tiers or other similar nonsense. i havent tracked, but i might get one or two more bottom tier matches for every 20-25 that i play. 

its not that bad...i had a few great games in the kamikaze R in the last week -2 tiers, same for arizona and bayern (there is a similar issue at T6). 

you just need to be more cautious and know when to make a move. 

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Oh Cmon a Minekaze can do great in T7 battles.

Until it meets a higher tier destroyer, then the Minekaze will have to run for its life without looking back. 

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

My Kami R does just fine in a T7 battle. As with anything when you are bottom tier at any level you need to adjust your play style to survive.

[RM-I]
Members
446 posts
5,382 battles

Until it meets a higher tier destroyer, then the Minekaze will have to run for its life without looking back. 

Then you pop smoke and speed boost and take big steps in the opposite direction

[CK5]
Members
1,935 posts
23,532 battles

There can be some very dramatic highs and lows with the new MM.  Today I had a T5 match in which I earned 90k damage and the next T5 match I was deleted by a Colorado at 16km within the first two minutes.  In both matches I was bottom tier.  

Edited by PrairiePlayer

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

The issue is that a couple patches ago they changed the MM so now T4 ships only see ships +/- 1 tier, so T4 cannot be in a T6 match.  As such, T5 ships are either top tier in a T4/T5 battle, or bottom tier in a T6 battle or real bottom tier in T7 battle.  There have been multiple threads on this issue recently.

What's funny is that T4s can do better against T6s than T5s against T7s, the AA discrepancy aside.

• Cool 1

Members
415 posts
6,404 battles

so the guys with thousands of games will tell you it's no big deal, just go with it, it's not that hard........... I wonder how many new players reach tier 5 and say screw it, goodbye ........

• Cool 3

Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

This happens wherever preferential MM is thrown into the mix.  As if MM doesn't have a hard enough time deciding what to throw at us.  May as well just put in a 2-tier spread from 1 to 10 and be done with "middle" ships entirely. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,848 posts
30,536 battles

Facing tier 7s as a tier 5 ship is pretty brutal for most ships. Don't play tier 5s.

Yeah it has started sucking bad. Can not play a CA in Random any more. A destroyer always has a decent chance, stealthy and fast, and with a good player behind it, can do pretty well. The experience points are good if you are good. I normally only play Coop anyways and do Random for daily missions and events and it can be jarring. I had to stop the recent BB mission of just sinking 5 ships because of the amount of games it took to get even one kill, partially I suck, but lots of up tiered ships. My poor Texas and New York were taking a beating. 

[O-B-G]
Beta Testers
134 posts
8,903 battles

I don't much care either way myself,but it has got to suck for new players coming in and getting crapped on by +2 tier ships on a consistent basis.

i really think the tier gap should be +1max up until about T8.T8's can generally hold their own against T10's,but in most cases T5 vs T7 is a whole different ballgame.The T5 is generally just outclassed in every way.

I wouldn't mind waiting another 30 seconds for my high tier matches if it makes the mid/low tiers more playable for the new guys.

Edited by Alexandrix

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,848 posts
30,536 battles

sink or swim cupcake!

the MM ain't changing for tier 5s!:bajan:

Well yer right, hey lets do MM so that level tier 5s can fight tier 3s! Just go all out, two tiers either way for whatever level you are. If it is OP to do that at one tier, it should be OP to do it at any tier, otherwise what is the point? Am sure it will do wonders for egos that like unbalanced matches in their favor then whine if it is against them. But am with Alex on this, don't really care. I just don't participate and we know that is the reason that the change was made, to keep people from participating. Anyways good luck with your seal clubbing. 
Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

Members
249 posts

Suck it up says the guy with 5000 matches and 50 tier 10 ships in his port.  wthsays the new guy who just got the Kongo or Konig and can't figure out why he always sees the Colorado blowing him up from a million miles away.  LOL.  Both side have a point.  For me the Texas is not as much fun as it used to be, but on the other hand I enjoy my Zucchini much more.  For me the Kongo seems to perform pretty good because of its speed.

Edited by butchSS49

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,090 battles

so the guys with thousands of games will tell you it's no big deal, just go with it, it's not that hard........... I wonder how many new players reach tier 5 and say screw it, goodbye ........

Which is what I've been saying. It's like being tossed from the kiddie pool past the shallow end straight into the deepend. I'll bet a lot of newer players say "screw this I'm out".
  • Cool 1

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,146 battles

Do not consider the veterans when making changes, consider the new guys, wargaming tried, and they [edited] up something fierce. Sure some of the better players can adapt because they have skill, the newbies do not have such things yet and this is terrible for them. 

Members
274 posts
1,495 battles

As a bit of a noob, I have to say that it is indeed not much of a big deal and not insanely hard to do well...though to be fair I have experience with exactly this kind of treatment in WoT Blitz...the real issue of +2/-2 does not make itself known for me until Tier 7...during the livestream I did last night I had a battle in my Blyskawica where the enemy team had four Tier 9's consisting of an Iowa, Izumo, Donskoi, and Fletcher...needless to say I didn't get a huge amount of damage in that game...
Edited by RagingTanker090_NA

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

This happens wherever preferential MM is thrown into the mix.  As if MM doesn't have a hard enough time deciding what to throw at us.  May as well just put in a 2-tier spread from 1 to 10 and be done with "middle" ships entirely. 

I would love this, but i don't think the server population allows for it. NA server is pretty small. 

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

literally, there are only a handful of T5 ships I would even bother using in T7.

Minekaze and clones, Konigsberg

and that's the end of the list.

Edited by MrDeaf

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I seem to get plenty of t9 in my sims, and I do ok in it.    same with BBs.     T7  isn't so bad, as you never see the T10s and you get your share of top tier matches.    after a while, you  get used to the high tier matches, but it doesn't mean I enjoy it.  why most of my lines are done at 7 or 8.

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

Just did a game in my Konigsberg. Hit 25 times for a grand total of 925 damage (all HE) and then was hit once by a Nagato and lost all my health. 

I don't get why this is not a priority to them. 

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Just did a game in my Konigsberg. Hit 25 times for a grand total of 925 damage (all HE) and then was hit once by a Nagato and lost all my health. 

I don't get why this is not a priority to them. 

because the game is telling you to WASD.

Sign in to follow this