Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nigouki

Shimakaze turret model

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4 posts
1,608 battles

Where is the Shima main turret model file hidden? I've looked through content\gameplay\japan\gun\main but it doesn't seem to be there.

JGM011_127mm50_Type_C  is the one on the Kagero

JGM091_127mm50_Type_A and JGM110_127mm50_Type_3 are completely different things.

And that's all the 127mm50 guns in there.

Help?

[BONKZ]
Members
887 posts
11,704 battles

I haven't studied the current IJN DD line well but I believe the Shima's guns are the same as the max ones on the Kagero

Beta Testers
4 posts
1,608 battles

Nope. Viewed inside the game the models for the turrets are different, as they technically should be. Kagero has the Type C while Shima the Type D.

On the left is JGM011_127mm50_Type_C  stuck on the Kagero

Shima's turret model on the right is the one I can not find in any of the obvious places in the game files.

UAZlc21.jpg

Also interesting to note on the Kagero turret on the left is the rectangular space under the barrels. I haven't actually been able to find either a model kit or a historical photo of any 12.7 cm/50 Type 3 where that space exists. It's all filled in: http://i.imgur.com/0LpFAzQ.jpg

Finally, looking form the top the Shimakaze model's shape is by far closer to the US Navy report diagram of the Type C than the Kagero model: http://i.imgur.com/9kyY0th.jpg

EDIT: Looking at the new IJN DD preview videos, the Shiratsuyu (historically had Type C) and Yugumo (had Type D) both seem to be using the current Shimakaze turret model, which supports most of what I've seen on model kits and photos of the C/D turrets looking pretty much identical.

At this point I'm assuming the JGM011_127mm50_Type_C used on the current Kagero is just a really outdated in-game model.

So where do they keep the Shima model?

Edited by Nigouki

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

Interesting, so it is logical to assume that if Shimakaze has Yugumo's gun turrets then the Yugumo and Shimakaze will have the exact same guns? Cool.

That means the main gain from tier 9 to 10 will be 7 torpedoes max outload, speed but loss of stealth, really not bad when you look at the Yugumo gun performance of having a 5.7 second gun reload time, with skills it should get down to nearly 5 seconds so 11.5 or so rounds per minute will be good.

Edited by Jakajan

Beta Testers
4 posts
1,608 battles

Well the actual gameplay stats will probably keep changing knowing WG.

The important part is that the turret model is already inside the game and will continue to be used. Would really appreciate if someone could point out exactly where it's hidden.

Beta Testers
514 posts
5,264 battles

JGS037_127mm50_Type_D_a.dds

In the 'conent/gameplay/japan/gun/secondary/trextures' folder.

Beta Testers
4 posts
1,608 battles

Thank you!

Wonder why it's in the Secondaries folder. Also wondering why I didn't find it given that I've searched the entire /japan/ folder for "127"

Beta Testers
514 posts
5,264 battles

No idea, seems a lot of destroyer guns are in the secondary folders for their respective nations.  It's classism of the highest order I say.

Sign in to follow this