Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_cMx2OCQOJuRT

Those mad about 5.12

You should go to test server and try it before you complain.  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Will you go to test server and test it

18 comments in this topic

Members
402 posts

People are getting so upset yet they have not even tried it yet. When test server comes up people should really try it before they make any kind of judgement.

Once you have tested you can post your educated thoughts in the test response forum and let WG know how you feel. Until you have tried it you really have no idea what you are talking about. 

[_XXX_]
Beta Testers
1,974 posts

I'm liking this new patch..finally adding a transparency setting to the mini map..something I've been asking for since closed beta

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

Testing it is wasting precious game time that I could actually be grinding up the lines in the actual game, my game time is already too limited to throw it away like that

• Cool 4

[BONKZ]
Members
887 posts
11,704 battles

Aside from all the whining about the armor buffs/nerfs, I am glad that the economy is getting a little boost from the new statistics, but I will admit that I am extremely disappointed that the RN CL (although we all know why) line is not in it, and not even the new IJN DD line is in it. Hopefully a hotfix to the test server will add the new IJN DDs to test.

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Going to test it, but going to test out a sniper FdG/Kurfurst build as well.  For all T8+ BBs, bow on now means suicide.  Angled means suicide.  And broadside is suicide.  So at least tanking from a distance and spamming either 16" or 16.5" guns will be worthwhile with the only battleships that still have any kind of reasonable armor vs their peers.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,577 battles

Public testing is gonna require me to grind up a ship line yet again...so no thanks.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Aside from all the whining about the armor buffs/nerfs, I am glad that the economy is getting a little boost from the new statistics, but I will admit that I am extremely disappointed that the RN CL (although we all know why) line is not in it, and not even the new IJN DD line is in it. Hopefully a hotfix to the test server will add the new IJN DDs to test.

The economy is getting no boost, simply a redistribution of existing scoring.

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Definitely testing .... I always do. 

I think the reduction in bow on armor simply means that German BBs got a huge buff, and more high tier games will be filled with them. Curious to play the BBs in the high tiers in the PT....

[5IN]
Members
1,371 posts
33,735 battles

I'd rather grind my own fleet.

Most of the changes we've seen to date are either small things that don't matter a huge amount or are things that are just a little different. None of it other than the odd bad coding has been worth all the drama.

Wait and see.

Members
1,881 posts
7,191 battles

I always go to test server when a new patch is on it. Complaining about a patch and not helping test it.... 

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

I'm liking the patch because it has the potential to help cruisers in the higher tiers. But of course, as biased as I am as a cruiser main, I'm sure SOME BB mains will also cry about it. But cruisers in the higher tiers are suffering, so let's see how much this update will help them.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,146 battles

Meh, I don't have a care either way, if this turns out to be too much of a nerf, it won't be surprising, wargaming is KNOWN for over nerfing things. 

[T_D_F]
Beta Testers
173 posts
17,013 battles

I'll be testing it. For one, I'd like to see for myself just how screwed certain battleships I own are going to be. 

Considering the Iowa has a flat slab of armor 216 to 287mm thick under her bow armor, she's going to be absolutely [edited].

Considering the North Carolina has the same flat slab 287mm thick as well as a strip of barbette armor which is only 100mm thick and easily hit from the front, she's also going to be absolutely [edited].

Amagi has the same problem, with just 229mm of frontal citadel armor and exposed barbettes both above and below her armored deck that are only 51mm thick. 

The Izumo and Montana at least have front citadel bulkheads above 400mm in thickness, but we all know how effective that is at stopping Yamato shells at close range currently. 

It seems that fighting a battleship in a battleship at any ranges closer than 10km is going to be absolute suicide. If you angle well enough to force bounces off your belt, the front bulkhead of your citadel can be relatively easily sniped through your bow due to easy overmatches. If you go bow in, that bulkhead is an even larger, more easily pennable target. If you angle enough to force bounces off the front bulkhead, your belt will be so exposed that it will likely get penned at ranges that short. I'm going to play it to see how bad it is but right now... it looks pretty [edited] bad.

Beta Testers
1,362 posts
4,392 battles

even tirps will now sit at max distance and just spam he. no reason to push just to get penned every shell from every angle.

pushing in a tirp and taking the enemies fire and shrugging some off. is what the tirp was for. it allowed the rest of the team the ability to fire, retreat or heal.

Beta Testers
1,362 posts
4,392 battles

why doesnt wg just change the shell pen characteristics? that would be a true global change.

instead of a nerf effecting mostly a very popular premium ship and her sister.

the issues with bow on ships backing up and such. was done more by t10 and some t9 ships. and had to do more with top tier game play then t8 and below.

knowing wg nerfs premiums will leave a salty taste in alot of people.

u buy a premium for its uniqueness. only for it to be changed for the worse. and no compensation in other areas.

[SPTR]
Members
4,023 posts
1,090 battles

I'm liking the patch because it has the potential to help cruisers in the higher tiers. But of course, as biased as I am as a cruiser main, I'm sure SOME BB mains will also cry about it. But cruisers in the higher tiers are suffering, so let's see how much this update will help them.

CAs didn't need help if they knew to use HE rounds against BBs, and knew how to dance around to dodge incoming shells. 

Sign in to follow this