You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LupusMalum

In my opinion WG does not care about skilled players in World of Warship.

17 comments in this topic

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
486 posts
21,537 battles

Not gonna devote too much fact finding and statistics to this comment, because all my give a f@#!$ have just about run out.  The reason I made this statement is because of  all the nerfs to IJN DD game play and futures nerfs to coming to BB's and Russian dds, cater to the more casual, easily ego bruised player. I like this game but its being dumbed down. I hope WG stops, but they probably won't. How do you feel about my statement and the future state of the game.

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,235 battles

because the number of great players and unicums is far less significant than teeming masses of window-lickers. sad but true...and if they catrered to teh top players WG would be seen as favoring the elite, its a no-win situation and they have to go with the greater numbers. 

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

Not gonna devote too much fact finding and statistics to this comment, because all my give a f@#!$ have just about run out.  The reason I made this statement is because of  all the nerfs to IJN DD game play and futures nerfs to coming to BB's and Russian dds, cater to the more casual, easily ego bruised player. I like this game but its being dumbed down. I hope WG stops, but they probably won't. How do you feel about my statement and the future state of the game.

Hold up one second here. I put in bold a couple of things I need some clarification on. Call me dense, slow or what have you.

To the first comment in bold. You are going to make a blanket statement without "too much fact finding and statistics"? So in turn, you are making an off the cuff remark and stating it as fact? How in the world do you even remotely expect this to be a valid standpoint, let alone from the first sentence?

With regards to the second part in bold. Am I to infer that the only skilled players within the player base in fact play "only Battleships, IJN and Russian Destroyers"? How does this fair when people play all country lines and ship types? What about the players that play extremely well in divisions or solo, but are outside of your per-ordaned meta?

Oh my, I am so very confused.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Maybe because "skilled" players equate to maybe 15% of the playerbase if i had to take a random guess.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

Hold up one second here. I put in bold a couple of things I need some clarification on. Call me dense, slow or what have you.

To the first comment in bold. You are going to make a blanket statement without "too much fact finding and statistics"? So in turn, you are making an off the cuff remark and stating it as fact? How in the world do you even remotely expect this to be a valid standpoint, let alone from the first sentence?

With regards to the second part in bold. Am I to infer that the only skilled players within the player base in fact play "only Battleships, IJN and Russian Destroyers"? How does this fair when people play all country lines and ship types? What about the players that play extremely well in divisions or solo, but are outside of your per-ordaned meta?

he is just clearly upset over something that he has no facts to back it up with....

Seems par for the course here....

• Cool 1

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

Maybe because "skilled" players equate to maybe 15% of the playerbase if i had to take a random guess.

In statistics, if the data has a bell curve distribution I believe the top 20% of the population would be considered top performers.

[USCC]
Members
3,912 posts
19,270 battles

So basically only potato players complain?, and WG just goes along with whatever they say, and makes adjustments based solely off of that?

I sure hope that isn't true because this potato is in NO way in favour of the upcoming changes. 

Not all of us have to be "skilled" players to want the same things.

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles

Best not watch the upcoming presidential debates then, that's Trump's favorite tactic.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,146 battles

It's not like wargaming even really cares about anyone but the russian base anyways and even then sometimes they ignore the russian base considering supposedly the russians are demanding US cruisers get some kind of buff and nothing has happened. 

[NG-NL]
Members
7,141 posts
12,577 battles

I think he's coming from a background of loving challenges and adapting. The nerfs to IJN DDs as well as incoming nerfs to BBs and VMF DDs, to OP, simply mean WG is catering to whiners saying," I can't hurt BB when he bow-tanks nor hit a Russian DD spamming HE from 12km away, pls nerf." Echoes my own response to players that whine if I destroy them in my Taiho, the usual omg CV op pls nerf nonsense.

Tengublade and a few other players have made threads on why nerfing BB front armor will encourage high-tier BBs to just snipe more. There seems universal agreement the Khab, at least, needs nerfing since a small target moving 45 knots and 13km away is difficult to hit even with ripple fire.

I guess nosoup is used to adapting to the game, rather than WG adapting the game to people's complaints. I'm kinda the same.

Beta Testers
153 posts
7,170 battles

This has kind of been happening since release but I see this as a good and a bad thing. As long as the gameplay is still fun, I will enjoy the game and maybe some of these "dumb down" changes will attract new players as well. Besides, if a change makes it easier for a bad player then it will probably make it easier for me too. Also, I am pretty sure I have read the bow armor change to be an experiment and they are counting on our feedback. Udaloi and Khab are strong as all get out too and I don't think the range nerf will hurt them much honestly. I got Khab recently and my first and only game in her was a 200k pedal to the metal walk in the park lol. I am sure it was a fluke but damn man.

Members
132 posts

While I don't agree on BB bow armor nerf (I think it will only make camping worse), I can see the intention is to reduce the bow-on back off tactics which is boring as hell.  

A nerf to Russion t9+ DDs are definitely called for.  I have them both and I agree Khab needs a nerf.  

For IJN DDs, I welcome the change for making them more of hybrid.  Hybrid gun/torp boat gameplay is much more fun in my opinion.  

Overall, I think all the changes have good intention on trying to make the game less stale and frustrating.  I may not agree with the way they are tweaking things, but it worths an experiment at least.  

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
486 posts
21,537 battles

To answer your first question, I did not display a graph or lots of statistics because I am using my experience in this game as well as drawing experience from other games I have played. And also because I am growing frustrated with seeing my favorite ships being nerfed into the ground.

For your 2 question , I apologies if I my comments can be taken that if you play any other ship that you you have no skill. Quite the opposite each ships take skill to play. I have played against a multitude of players who demonstrate skill well above mine.  I only used IJN DDs and Russain DDs because of my experience and those ship being mentioned in future patches. Again if I offended anyone I apologies.

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
486 posts
21,537 battles

he is just clearly upset over something that he has no facts to back it up with....

Seems par for the course here....

I have facts, but at the moment I am tired of doing research for a losing argument. Maybe I will care enough to make some facts later. But I will leave you with this, why do IJN  DDs on average have the largest torp detection visual range, When that class is suppose to be dedicated to using torps.
Edited by Nosoup07

[KMS3]
Members
1,293 posts
7,943 battles

Seems this guy only knows how to complain without a solid set of facts anyway from his other posts.  That and the fact that he's been seen in game raging at other players.  I think we may have a troll in our midst.

Members
1,138 posts
7,247 battles

Good players can make any ship work regardless of the nerfs.

That so called "good players" always seem to be in broken OP ships makes you really wonder how "good" some of these players really are.

edit:

It seems that WG is more "patriotic" than Russian players are as they have been very vocal about USN buffs and VMF nerfs funnily enough.

Edited by reaper_swpz
  • Cool 1

[CAG-1]
Members
1,091 posts
3,958 battles

Sadly have to agree with the OP in some respects. Nerf after nerf for DD's, and yet another one by making them even thinner skinned. Combined with radar buff, secondaries like Bismarck that also has sonar (Which is so completely stupid that it escapes my comprehension or vocabulary), the bow armor nerf. It is plainly and painfully obvious that there is no interest in players who WANT to be good. More interested in appealing to 13 year olds with Mommy's credit card. High tier isnt the way it is because of CV's, or DD, or torpedoes. It is the way it is because of the economy combined with the fact that almost every ship there is so lethal that you can get evaporated if someone so much as sneezes in your direction. All of these changes has and I think will only serve to make that worse, not better. An example is the Khab thing. He is spotted from the moon. But the answer is to nerf his guns to the point that a Bismarck driver can simply highlight him with his mouse while shooing at his team mates. Im sorry but things like that are a load of pasture patties. 

I dont consider myself to be a great player---but I WANT to be great. But the things that require learned skills are slowly being eroded and some erased by magic I Win buttons and AI skills. This to me is not fun, and I play this game to have fun. The DD skin thing is pretty much the last straw for me, so Ive just been playing the occasional co-op game because....they are still fun. But I will not be wasting any more money here, Im sure there are plenty of tweens to replace me.

• Cool 1