Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Banshee

In regards to the addition of submarines.

13 comments in this topic

Members
39 posts
5,852 battles

In my opinion real life subs were the kind of, covert ops strike units, getting behind enemy lines and coming back without much risk at least compared to a surface ship, due to them being able to travel submerged, they would patrol trade routes or known maritime routes and they would sink targets of oportunity, think of it this way, they were carrying limited supplies of oxigen, and not just that, most submarines while submerged cannot use the diesel engines, cause those burn fuel, burning produces smoke, a tin can moving under the waves cannot just fart smoke bubbles all along its way cause that would give them away, ya know, not many smoke bubble farting fish out there, that in turn requires them to use electric engines, those were very slow and require electricity, batteries in ww2 had severe limitations, disregarding oxigen supplies, battery were limitations for submerge time too, what could u do in WoWs whit something that has afew km torp ranges and can only run at 6-8 lets say 10 knots while submerged, due to the nature of the game, PvP battles against other smart cunning people, we have the loading screen and the tab score screen which show all the units taking part in the battle, imagine how cautious every single player would play, knowing there is an enemy sub or two on every team prowling beneath the waves, what if , u spot a juicy BB on the enemy team which aparently is sailing by himself or seems so, u close in surfaced and at like lets say 10km, u dive and start approaching it on an interception course at 5-8 or lets say 10 knots to get into position to torp him, in the meantime while u crawl like a slug under the waves using ur periscope, he decides to turn around and sail twords his team mates cause he just got engaged by your teams surface ships, or he started maneuvering while engaging something and he is moving away from you, even starting tier BBs and CVs run at 16+ knots, let alone the higher tiers running at 30+ knots, how in gods name will a submarine be able to get in range to torp any of them while they are in active combat, WoWs battles thend to not have many passive warships sailing from one part of the map to the other, with eveyone trying to score dmg on something, and especially knowing, the game has subs, and some of them could be on he prowl, people would be even more cautious.
We already have a class in game that can delete almost any other player as they see fit, talking about end game CVs, give them too much power, they rekt ship after ship, give them too less, people stop playing them, subs would just mean unneccesary problems and have absolutly nothing to do in a fleet vs feet engagement imho.

Also i for one feel DDs work more like subs than they should for time being, combination of DD speed, sub stealth + lethality + utility (spotting), not suffering the limitations of oxygen or batteries, all wrapped up nicely in a little destroyer.

So what would be the point for subs?

Edited by Admiral_Chy

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Everyone knows that. It's why subs arent going to realistically be implemented.

• Cool 1

Members
39 posts
5,852 battles

Agreed to each and every one of you. :D
Was just speaking my mind again, in regards to subs, herd some talk around saying that WG started considering subs, hoping they were false.

Members
69 posts
6,287 battles

Agreed to each and every one of you. :D

Was just speaking my mind again, in regards to subs, herd some talk around saying that WG started considering subs, hoping they were false.

Its WG they love to troll

[CAP]
Members
139 posts
9,511 battles

Submarines would have to be slow moving, often surfacing to recharge/refill air, and have somewhat limited torpedo firing abilities. They would be good for ambushes, and depth charges could be added for cruisers and destroyers - I'm assuming sonar would be able to spot them.

I think any team that found themselves with a submarine would be, rightfully, concerned with the viability that the submarine would be able to contribute to the team.

• Cool 1

[BONKZ]
Members
887 posts
11,704 battles

This game is never going to see submarines this has been confirmed long ago. I dont see why people keep thinking they will get added

Q&A from a few days ago revealed that WG is looking into possible ways to add subs...

(Can't find the Q&A link but it is on TAP)

[-NACL]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,697 posts
28,327 battles

It's likely going to be bots. And it will give us the opportunity tonfinally use our otherwise decorative (yet detonation capable) depth charges and depth bombs.

Members
39 posts
5,852 battles

Submarines would have to be slow moving, often surfacing to recharge/refill air, and have somewhat limited torpedo firing abilities. They would be good for ambushes, and depth charges could be added for cruisers and destroyers - I'm assuming sonar would be able to spot them.

I think any team that found themselves with a submarine would be, rightfully, concerned with the viability that the submarine would be able to contribute to the team.

Exactly, and considering the current game mechanic which show both teams and every single ship taking part to the battle, everyone would be aware of the subs taking part, so people would play it extremly safe, making for even more boring procastinated games imo, with everyone engaging and moving away lol.

Q&A from a few days ago revealed that WG is looking into possible ways to add subs...

(Can't find the Q&A link but it is on TAP)

Thats what ive herd too and why i was wondering about it.

Members
39 posts
5,852 battles

"without much risk"

Clearly you don't realize just how much risk there was.

Oh but i do know you little sublover <3, but i also know it was much easier to slip behind enemy lines in a submarine that can move submerged during the day and surfaced during the night, than it was to slide behind enemy lines in a surfaceship :D

Corrected it cause it seems it was not obvious enough for everyone to understand what i meant, and also to be sure u understand.

Take example, the Bismarck trying to slip past UK into the Atlantic to do some little merchant raiding, how good did that go, how easy was it for surface ships to do it compared to U-Boats, i am familiar with afew cases of surface ships being able to slip past too but, id still feel more risk is involved when u travel on a surface ship trying to get into enemy territory, than when u travel beneath the waves and the only thing that can give u away is your own periscope. (At least untill the late periods of the war)

Edited by Admiral_Chy

Sign in to follow this