Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SteelClaw

Future patch 5.12 is a perfect example..

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,210 posts

A perfect example how no matter what WG does they will make some happy and some mad.

1- Many have asked for a nerf to BB.

2- Many have asked for a nerf to DD.

3- Many have asked for a nerf to the Udaloi and Khabarovsk.

These players are happy with these changes.... now on the other hand

1- Many hate the nerf to BB.

2- Many hate the nerf to DD.

3- Many hate the fact their Udaloi and Khabarovsk are getting nerfed.

These players are not happy.....

So who does WG make happy? This is why it is so hard for game makers to balance games. No matter what they do they will make some happy and some mad.

Edited by SteelClaw
  • Cool 2

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Well we still know the truth...... DDs don't need any more nerfs. 

• Cool 4

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

Changes will be made regardless of how people feel about it. They don't complain thinking it'll change or matter (If any of you actually think so, my apologies then), they just want to make themselves feel better because they didn't like the ideas being introduced, and that's fine.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,750 battles

why do people want BBs nerfed? is it because they keep getting paddlings for showing their broadsides?:sceptic:

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Jesus was a perfect being and a lot of people hated him. WG being imperfect will always have people complaining about something. There are always complainers in life

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,750 battles

grabs a horse and starts beating it*

aye but why haven't they reduced tier 9 & 10's repair costs? That's what everyone's screaming about these days. We've had what? 24 threads about the topic in the last 12 hours?:unsure:

• Cool 1

Members
501 posts
12,753 battles

i do find it hard to think that nerfing BB bow armor will cause them to want to get closer to the enemy, logic would dictate that ships with weaker armor tend to stay farther back, giving them more opportunity to dodge shells and avoid incoming damage 

• Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,750 battles

i do find it hard to think that nerfing BB bow armor will cause them to want to get closer to the enemy, logic would dictate that ships with weaker armor tend to stay farther back, giving them more opportunity to dodge shells and avoid incoming damage 

aye if they  were to say, double the current front armor of high tier BBs it could give a bit of motivation to get agressive.

Members
159 posts
5,159 battles

I'm just hoping for a reduction in T9/10 repair costs. If I lose my monty there's 300k credits I need to have earned in the same match just to break even. I think a reduction of even 30% would help T9/10 be less of a 18km snipe fest. Also, buff cv's so I have a reason to take my AA hindy out 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

The problem with the nerfs they chose. If they made all bows immune to overmatch rather than make them all able to be overmatched, we would see more positive reviews.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

A perfect example how no matter what WG does they will make some happy and some mad.

1- Many have asked for a nerf to BB.

2- Many have asked for a nerf to DD.

3- Many have asked for a nerf to the Udaloi and Khabarovsk.

These players are happy with these changes.... now on the other hand

1- Many hate the nerf to BB.

2- Many hate the nerf to DD.

3- Many hate the fact their Udaloi and Khabarovsk are getting nerfed.

These players are not happy.....

So who does WG make happy? This is why it is so hard for game makers to balance games. No matter what they do they will make some happy and some mad.

You've typed all that just to essentially say that one man's trash is another man's treasure? :unsure:

On a side note, nerfs that were asked for are completely different from what's coming in 5.12.

[5IN]
Members
1,371 posts
33,735 battles

it's not about getting players to move closer but rather to just get them to move.
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

Meh, I don't care about the changes.   I use what I feel like.    I hardly run half my ship in the port so it may give me excuse to run some of them.  :P

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Sure, if you boil it down, it's what everyone said they wanted.

However, if you look at HOW they did it, you will realize it's what no one wanted.  Except for Khab nerfs.  That one everyone wanted.

Members
402 posts

Sure, if you boil it down, it's what everyone said they wanted.

However, if you look at HOW they did it, you will realize it's what no one wanted.  Except for Khab nerfs.  That one everyone wanted.

Yes and no.... I think we should hold judgement on these changes till we see how they are on test. 

[DEV_X]
Beta Testers
2,082 posts
12,562 battles

grabs a horse and starts beating it*

aye but why haven't they reduced tier 9 & 10's repair costs? That's what everyone's screaming about these days. We've had what? 24 threads about the topic in the last 12 hours?:unsure:

^^This

Had a 375k credit game in my Shimikaze.....made 20k.

What in the actual f.....

Sign in to follow this