Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Crap_Shoot

Should I just skip the Myoko?

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
422 posts
6,659 battles

I'm currently at the Aoba in the tech tree.   I also have both the ARP Myoko and ARP Ashigira, and will likely end up with the other 2 once we get a chance to play for them.  So should I just skip the tech tree Myoko and go straight for the Mogami, since I already have 2 elite Myokos?  In the time it would take me to grind it, I could give my ARPs decent captains.  And I don't have to deal with stock modules.

It would use up most of my free XP, but I don't spend it on a lot else...

Alpha Tester
737 posts
9,014 battles

I don't think you need.

You probably have enough experience with it so it should be fast getting Mogami with normal exp.

You save it now so you can skip stock hulls later.

Edited by PauloBR

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

Mogami is a good ship to play, but your Free XP could be used on other ships worse than Mogami.

So no, don't skip :>

EDIT:

Myoko, sorry

Edited by Unabletony

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles

Well OP, since you have the 2 ARP Myoko-class, sure you can skip the tech tree one and go for Mogami.  Normally I'd say stick with it because Myoko truly starts representing the rest of the IJN Cruiser line.  But since you already have the ARP ones, you already know what it's like.  If you got the FreeXPs to spare, sure.  I'd do it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

I wouldn't because the Myoko is good, but if you have the spare exp/money to throw at the game then whatever.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,333 posts
8,606 battles

No I wouldn't skip Myoko I kept mine and put premium camo on her. Personally I have no interest in more Arpeggio ships besides Takao pink ships just dont do it for me... Look at this way Myoko is Mogami with 203s (basically)  they pretty much play the same the 155s are spam devils but the turret traverse will drive you nutz.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,318 battles

Myoko is a great ship, and since you already have 2 of the ARP versions, it shouldn't take but a minute for you to run through her and on to Mogami (which may be a bit of a disappointment after Myoko) so I would save my XP (especially my FREE XP) for another ship you might want to skip (cough Baltimore cough).

Just my opinion, have fun with it either way.

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles

Yeah, normally I'd say don't skip a ship, but if you already have the ARP Myokos, it's like you already have Myoko, so why buy it again?

Only reason would be to be able to use the port cammos, since the ARP ships can't.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
4,964 battles

I wouldn't skip Myoko just because you have the Arp versions. The Arp ships are good practice for how to use her. But skipping her entirely would leave your captain at a disadvantage once you hit Mogami. 

Alternatively you could place your Aoba captain in an Atago to skill while grinding the Free Exp over. But then you wouldn't be playing the arp ships. 

I've actually just unlocked my Myoko and replaced my Aoba. I've got a fair amount of Free Exp saved up from previous games and the most effective use that I've found for it is getting out of 'stock' Modules after playing a match to check if I can mentally survive the stock grind. 

I've been averaging a decent amount of EXP on the ship and if you want that Mogami ASAP it's incredibly faster to just use her. 

Besides if you're already comfortable with the ARP versions you've already got a strong grasp of it's strengths and weaknesses. Use that to your advantage and breeze though the Tier and save your free exp to quickly exit some of the stock options on the Mogami or other ships you're grinding out at the same time. 

Members
6 posts

I love Myoko, it helped me appreciate atago. Advantage of tier 7 is you see a so so profit even in subpar game... plus you dont see tier 10. I just never appreciate the look of arp ships and they default to japanese dubbed language. Save those free xp for future module or RN line. :)

[EZR]
Members
8 posts
4,198 battles

Free XP is for skipping ships that suck--and for getting modules so you don't have to grind stock hulls.  As you are already aware, that ship is nice, so the grind won't be hard.  Your Mogami will thank you.

That or I played too much over the weekend and my mind has snapped and now I am conversing with computer renderings of ships.

[BLNCE]
Members
2,293 posts
7,591 battles

Free EXP Myoko? LOL. We are talking about one one of the highest preforming ships in the game here and you have exp playing the exact ship. You will breeze through the Myoko with that exp.

Sign in to follow this