Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

N.C and Iowa captains

The Bow armor adjustment   

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you as a N.C and Iowa main feel as if you will be affected much by this

• Yes
    • No

8 comments in this topic

Members
1,651 posts
20,684 battles

I think most of us who have a fast battleship play it as such.  Honestly I get pinned and citadeled more when im bow on and 1\4 speed.  I like to stay on the move  In my N.C or Iowa its what they where made for.

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,159 battles

I said yes. Even using the stealth build to sneak in and play close, you're going to have a time where you will be bow on against something. It's just unavoidable. The fact that you are getting close to two lines of brawlers now isn't great either. Still amazing ships, but all BB's that even rely slightly on Bow play will at one point or another experience a massive citadel from the front. Just slightly more often after the adjustment.

Members
337 posts
4,434 battles

Yes as well. NC and Iowa have some of the thinnest belts for their tiers, and the Iowa has a massive part of it's citadel above water. Being able to go bow on while retaining firepower was one thing that mitigated having to show your belt and getting deleted.

• Cool 1

[DESU]
Members
182 posts
4,892 battles

The NC actually fares much better in close quarters brawls, her citadel is completely underwater, plunging fire and medium range engagements where the shell goes through the upper belt and arcs down into the citadel are what get her. 

Members
501 posts
12,753 battles

The NC actually fares much better in close quarters brawls, her citadel is completely underwater, plunging fire and medium range engagements where the shell goes through the upper belt and arcs down into the citadel are what get her. 

poor iowa doesn't have an underwater cit

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

North Carolina won't be too bad off if she angles instead of straight bow-ons.  Her frontal bulkhead doesn't stop normal pens, but it stops shells from reaching the citadel.  Even in 0.5.11, Yamato can't bow-cit her; there's no reason to presume any of the other BBs should be able to once 0.5.12 drops.  Plus, she sees lower-tier ships: none of the T6s can lolpen her bow, while two of the T7s (Nagato and Colorado) can.

Iowa, on the other hand, is going to suck worse than NC ever did.  The forward bulkhead 287mm max (for only about a third, the rest is about 200mm) which is not stopping anything that lolpens the bow.  The bow armor extends all the way to the start of the citadel, so you literally just need to shoot the front section of the ship from and watch your shells rip into her for massive damage.  If she goes about 40-50 degrees angled to you, then she only gets lolpenned through the bow and doesn't eat cits, but by that point you can just fling AP through the main belt for citadels that way.  And, as I mentioned, she doesn't get the luxury of meeting T6s that as a general rule can't lolpen her: while GneisenauScharnhorstBismarck, and Tirpitz can't either, they're all German and thus plain harder to kill than other BBs.

Edited by TenguBlade

Members
337 posts
4,434 battles

North Carolina won't be too bad off if she angles instead of straight bow-ons.  Her frontal bulkhead doesn't stop normal pens, but it stops shells from reaching the citadel.  Even in 0.5.11, Yamato can't bow-cit her; there's no reason to presume any of the other BBs should be able to once 0.5.12 drops.  Plus, she sees lower-tier ships: none of the T6s can lolpen her bow, while two of the T7s (Nagato and Colorado) can.

Iowa, on the other hand, is going to suck worse than NC ever did. 

If this ends up affecting the Iowa and NC like this, I'll just sell my Iowa and rebuy my NC. Have a higher WR in her anyway

Sign in to follow this