Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Potatoes Everywhere!

45 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,372 battles

Welcome to World of Warships.

I tried to post a thread on this topic, but apparently some Dev thought that using the baseball bat scene from The Untouchables to explain the importance of teamwork was "Inappropriate". 

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Wow, ramdoms are utter rubbish...   Fail team after fail team collapses completely.   Just pathetic.

Pass.

So there are only two consistent things for all failed random battle teams....

1) The MM...what are the odds that the MM is fixing the teams against you????

2) YOU!!! maybe you are a significant cog in the "Fail team after fail team collapses completely" cycle...

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,045 posts

You are a potato as well as the whole team.  Take this crap back to WoT.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

if you are not getting AT LEAST one kill before you die, then blame is partly on you. I honestly don't think you can blame the team unless you get 3+ kills before you sink. Especially if you are top tier. 

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

So there are only two consistent things for all failed random battle teams....

1) The MM...what are the odds that the MM is fixing the teams against you????

2) YOU!!! maybe you are a significant cog in the "Fail team after fail team collapses completely" cycle...

are you serious:???

IT IS ALWAYS the TEAMS FAULT that an individual fails.....:trollface:

[BYOB]
Members, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
747 posts
2,071 battles

"This user profile is private"

I think I located the potato.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

if you are not getting AT LEAST one kill before you die, then blame is partly on you. I honestly don't think you can blame the team unless you get 3+ kills before you sink. Especially if you are top tier. 

I don't know that kills are a very good metric of contribution. In some cases it's damage or caps or even attempts to cap. Keep in mind that some ships are more dependent on team support while others can operate in a more detached manner, so the former type wouldn't have a very good game if the team is a total blowout or too passive.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

this...^^^^^^

so this is an EPIC team fail.....

LOLZ

shot-16.02.14_18.25.41-0165_zpserft4g9r.

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Bads telling other bads how bad they are.

close, more like:

Bads (who assume they are masters of the universe) telling other bads how bad they are...

[NMKJT]
Members
4,282 posts
9,133 battles

Get better and show some dignity instead of blaming everyone else but yourself. Everyone had to go through potato teams as they learned, you're no different.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,108 battles

Wow, ramdoms are utter rubbish...   Fail team after fail team collapses completely.   Just pathetic.

Pass.

Goodbye.

Don't come back.

Tired of useless Threads like this one. "Blah, blah, blah, team is useless, etc, etc." 

Maybe you should look at yourself before you look at others. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

Maybe... just maybe take a look at yourself OP instead of blaming everyone else because you look like one of those potatoes I have to carry every match who refuse to improve their own gameplay & blame their loss on those who you know... actually carry you or work together.

Since you set your profile to private because I'm sure deep down you know that you are part of the problem I will present the evidence I can currently find. Until you can prove to me otherwise you are the kettle blaming the pot.

(Link removed due to OP complaint, happy now? That doesn't mean people who are curious can't go do a quick search).

Edited by GoldPile
  • Cool 2

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

So I'm assuming that a person just getting in to the game and not doing well is a potato? The game is popular and fun, a lot of new people like me are jumping on to play and still heavy in the learning curve.

Yup, a potato...raw, skin still on, maybe a couple of sprouts growing....just think after a couple thousand battles you can become:

Mashed...garlic mashed if WR > 50%

Baked...if WR< 50%

Twice backed... WR is either < 45% or greater than 55%...because there is something seriously wrong in either case

French fries if WR is 40% or worse...because that's probably what you do for a living "would you like fries with that?"

:trollface::trollface::trollface:

Edited by Captain_Dilbert
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,997 posts
2,336 battles

I don't know that kills are a very good metric of contribution. In some cases it's damage or caps or even attempts to cap. Keep in mind that some ships are more dependent on team support while others can operate in a more detached manner, so the former type wouldn't have a very good game if the team is a total blowout or too passive.

raw damage is important. but even if you left a ship on 400 health, and it manages to get away, it can still cap, or torp, or fire from smoke, etc, and cause damage to your team. so yes, the most important thing is sinking the enemy before they can sink your team mates. every set of guns silenced is an advantage. 

Members
1,515 posts
8,453 battles

unless you are the guy who is top 3 with no kills but did all the leg work and just happened to either have people around you picking up the scraps while you reload or rng hated you.
Edited by Hangoverhomey
  • Cool 1

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

Maybe... just maybe take a look at yourself OP instead of blaming everyone else because you look like one of those potatoes I have to carry every match who refuse to improve their own gameplay & blame their loss on those who you know... actually carry you or work together.

Since you set your profile to private because I'm sure deep down you know that you are part of the problem I will present the evidence I can currently find. Until you can prove to me otherwise you are the kettle blaming the pot.

https://na.warships.today/player/1017763629/Fletcher7_1944

+1 You beat me to it. 

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

Get better and show some dignity instead of blaming everyone else but yourself. Everyone had to go through potato teams as they learned, you're no different.

Well said. I know when I've done bad. I've also felt pretty good about my play. They both usually happen within a few games of each other.

Sign in to follow this