Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_GoDDfather

Port Slots For Credits? (Any Amount)

Port Slots for Credits?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Port Slots for Credits

2. 2. Price Range (if applicable)

19 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

Ok, I know this has been the way things have been for a long time, but I think it might be time for change. Wargaming has been quoted of saying everything is accessible in the games base form, but you cannot own tons of ships. I get this is a ploy to get money, but could we not place an extremely high credit amount on port slots? I'd like to grab all the ships I'd like, but port slots hold me back from this. I don't always want more than one ship per line at a time, but some of them are ships I'd rather not sell a tier 10 to obtain. 

TL;DR: Do you think port slots should be available for credits in general?

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,462 battles

Will not happen. That would reduce a source of income. Nah.

Occasional sales like the one this weekend at 1/2 price are very nice. I stock up and am set for a while. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,323 posts
23,687 battles

No, sure I would like them, but they are a reasonable item for WG to make money on.

Members
2,829 posts
6,653 battles

In theory, you can pick up a port slot for credits...

...and you're not even spending credits but earning them.  WoWs pays you credits!

...but here's the caveat, you have to sell a ship that you already have.

Yes, apples and oranges but...

• Cool 1

[USCC]
Members
3,912 posts
19,270 battles

Occasional sales like the one this weekend at 1/2 price are very nice. I stock up and am set for a while. 

^^ x2 exactly.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

I wouldn't mind seeing a hybrid of both sides. You can buy your first few additional port slots for credits (escalating amount each time) then, after a certain number of them (say, maybe four more), additional ones beyond that require doubloons. 

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Ok, I know this has been the way things have been for a long time, but I think it might be time for change. Wargaming has been quoted of saying everything is accessible in the games base form, but you cannot own tons of ships. I get this is a ploy to get money, but could we not place an extremely high credit amount on port slots? I'd like to grab all the ships I'd like, but port slots hold me back from this. I don't always want more than one ship per line at a time, but some of them are ships I'd rather not sell a tier 10 to obtain. 

TL;DR: Do you think port slots should be available for credits in general?

That has never EVER happened in the history of WG. I've never seen it in the 5 years since I started playing tanks.

Trust me, much as you may want it to happen, it never will.

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

The more I think about it, I'm fine with how port slots are currently handled.  I mean at some point WG needs to be able to get actual cash from players or the game that we all (well at least most of us) enjoy will simply cease to exist.

[ECOM]
Beta Testers
838 posts
11,053 battles

There have been missions in game that have provided free additional port slots, that is good enough.  Honestly I can't see anything wrong with having slots normally real money currency only.  If you like the game enough to need more slots, then support the devs with some cash. 

[TXGUN]
Members
249 posts
19,067 battles

I'm sure glad I did not take the 10 slots for 20% off WG offered me last week.  I would have been seriously annoyed since I can buy them now for 50% off.  A real  bogus offer knowing full well they would be going on sale. this weekend.

[RQL]
Beta Testers
718 posts
25,949 battles

+1 - agree, source of income for WoWS that I do not begrudge.  This past weekend port slot sale was very good as I was able to pick up a few and not have to sell a ship to buy another.

Sign in to follow this