Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bahnhof

Teamkill Penalty System

70 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Teamkill Penalty system work for you?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think the Teamkill Penalty system is fair in terms of penalty and comensation?

• Yes
    • No

29 comments in this topic

Members
19 posts
13,283 battles

I was in a CV this weekend and a friendly Kongo was isolated by an enemy Kongo and a Konigsburg and calling for help.  I responded and and sank both.  The friendly Kongo then turned into a torp that had missed.  My CV was immediately sunk and I was levied a 25 game Teamkill penalty.  The friendly Kongo finished the match.  

I just finished a match in which a friendly DD hit my 75% health Karlsruhe with a full salvo of torps and sank her.  He did not turn pink and I got 13 credits as compensation.

I guess that the Teamkilling System like the MM is "Working as Intended".  

And now the question, does the Teamkill Penalty system work for you?

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

The thing I don't like is that the penalty doesn't pay in full. I can be fined 15k, and the guy only recieves 5k, and vice versa. Where do these credits disappear to?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

1. You couldn't have gotten a 25 game penalty unless you're a regular team killer.

2. People often don't turn pink until after the match is over, WG doesn't give reasons.

You seem to be involved in a lot of TKing, might want to try avoiding it a bit more....:teethhappy:

Members
840 posts
10,855 battles

The only thing that should happen is that the player is charged for the amount of damage that he does to a teammate and that amount should be rewarded to the friendly ship damaged.  You should not be charged extra for friendly fire.

[NEXFL]
Members
125 posts
3,260 battles

Was in a game over the weekend when a friendly BB Cit'ed our own CV right off the bat. Interestingly enough the CV was not damaged and the TK BB died outright. He then mouthed off in chat and was ignored by pretty much everyone...enemy team was quite perplexed at the instant death.

Honestly I think it's working good. If you TK regularly enough the penalty fines aren't enough...you should die and be unable to do any more harm followed by a ban.

• Cool 1

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

1. You couldn't have gotten a 25 game penalty unless you're a regular team killer.

He is indeed. That "My CV was immediately sunk" part is a dead giveaway that he was already pink - reflected damage doesn't happen otherwise. I guess some folks just can't learn no matter what.

[USCC]
Members
3,912 posts
19,270 battles

I think the system is working fine, the ONLY thing that still drives me bonkers, are the blind or careless drivers in match, for whatever reason, are never in control of their ship and are banging into other people causing damage.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

I was in a CV this weekend and a friendly Kongo was isolated by an enemy Kongo and a Konigsburg and calling for help.  I responded and and sank both.  The friendly Kongo then turned into a torp that had missed.  My CV was immediately sunk and I was levied a 25 game Teamkill penalty.  The friendly Kongo finished the match.

25? Not 5? Are you sure? And your CV was auto-sunk?

How many times have you had the TK status before this incident? More than a couple, I imagine?

I just finished a match in which a friendly DD hit my 75% health Karlsruhe with a full salvo of torps and sank her.  He did not turn pink and I got 13 credits as compensation.

He did turn pink, you just didn't see it. The offending player turns pink after the match is over, not during it.

It's way too lenient. There should be temporary auto-bans for repeat offenders. I have a lingering suspicion that you might not like this notion though.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

People just get too hot and heavy with the danger close torpedoes. Not saying there aren't cases where it's an okay risk, especially if someone is asking for help because they should then be well aware of any residual torps and /not/ turn into them, but really it was so common over the weekend. I had to dodge more friendly torpedoes than enemy ones and had several cases where the only reason the careless friendly didn't get a TK was that I managed to dodge all but one metal fish. 

It wasn't anything on purpose, people usually said they were sorry afterward, and I wasn't mad about it... but /wow/ it was happening a lot. Way more than usual. 

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,372 battles

Lately I have seen a huge bump in the number of people dropping torps in my path both intentionally and unintentionally, including a match in my Tirpitz earlier where I was forced to choose between eating torps from a friendly Mutsuki or turning my broadside towards two enemy battleships at close range. I chose the latter and promptly died anyway. Far as I am concerned if you cause enough team damage to turn pink you should receive a one week ban. I have sunk exactly two friendly ships since the game went live, it's not hard to avoid killing your teammates.

Edited by RevolutionBlues

[-LMS-]
Beta Testers
396 posts
11,571 battles

Ok, seems like some folks here are more experienced in this issue, enlighten me.   I decided to try a CV.   Went to Co-Op, game started.   My team of seven had three bots on it and all bots on other team.  I sent torp bombers after enemy BB...it dropped torps...they hit the enemy and the bot allied cruiser decided to get in the action and also collected a torp.   Apparently flooded out, sank...and immediately my carrier sank.  I was charged with two team kills, eight compensation games.  How the hell is this supposed to encourage play....I can understand deliberately TK'ing an ally, but a [edited]bot that was out of the picture at the time I auto targeted the bb and then moved to dealing with my planes getting shot down.   Why the autokill on my ship and the increased penalty?

[USCC]
Members
3,912 posts
19,270 battles

This apply's to random as well, you clearly had no intention of that happening, but it did.

You launch them, you own them. that's it.

Bot are stupid, they won't move out of the way like a player "might" they just focus on the most damaged non friendly ship in the area and head for it.

It sucks, but that's it.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Ok, seems like some folks here are more experienced in this issue, enlighten me.   I decided to try a CV.   Went to Co-Op, game started.   My team of seven had three bots on it and all bots on other team.  I sent torp bombers after enemy BB...it dropped torps...they hit the enemy and the bot allied cruiser decided to get in the action and also collected a torp.   Apparently flooded out, sank...and immediately my carrier sank.  I was charged with two team kills, eight compensation games.  How the hell is this supposed to encourage play....I can understand deliberately TK'ing an ally, but a [edited]bot that was out of the picture at the time I auto targeted the bb and then moved to dealing with my planes getting shot down.   Why the autokill on my ship and the increased penalty?

Ah, well we can start with not letting torpedo bombers drop unattended. Even if you use the auto drop, you need to babysit the aim on it as it doesn't update as the enemy ship turns. You can easily end up with a bow-on drop if you don't keep it updated. You should also take the opportunity to practice manual drops as auto-drops are easily avoided by most players in PvP. Just doing that would have let you see a cruiser was now in the way and cancel or delay the drop. 

As a general rule of thumb, never drop a torpedo (regardless of the ship type you're playing) ahead of a friendly that's anywhere near you. Even BBs maneuver and dodge and even turn 180 degrees in the heat of battle, so don't assume a friendly isn't going to pull a 180 by the time the torp gets to where they are. 

In a CV you have the benefit of short torpedo run times. It's pretty hard to hit a friendly unless they're very close to the target, in which case you should pick another target or wait for them to pass. Bottom line though, don't let your bombers drop their ordinance without you babysitting them. If nothing else it'll let you fine tune the aim and get more hits. 

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

First I don't believe the 25 game penalty, but if true, then you MUST be a significant repeat offender.

Second, I also don't believe the 13 credit compensation for your Karlshrue.

I hereby call TROLL post until proof provided!

• Cool 1

[RGB-1]
Members
92 posts
21,392 battles

At the moment Team Kill system is what it is. I have turn pink 2 times out of 3000 plus matches. I hear your pain. Trying to help out and now you are the bad guy.  Pinky system sucks. Do not feel bad. There are many pinky who turn green in future.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,973 posts
13,731 battles

Well, your 5 game pinkness could last 25 games if you keep running into people or get bumped by friendlies.

For me, the system works well enough. Would like a Forgive option if I do something stupid and eat friendly torps but it's not a game breaker.

As far as compensation for team damage, it's not fair to the victim, but I do understand it's the way it is to prevent exploits.

Members
19 posts
13,283 battles

Thanks for all the feed back and participation.  I have been playing since open beta and have received TK status 5-6 times over that time.   They have all involved torps that missed the target and unintentionally struck a friendly.  My TK penalty has always been 3 or 5 games in the "Pink".  TK status was only levied if there was team damage 2 or 3 games in a row.   I was shocked at the immediate sinking of my ship and the 25 game penalty since the "victim" took damage but was not killed.   I do not mind friendly fire damage from errant torps because that was the reality of combat and I have only been intentionally torped and sunk once..  I do resent TK penalties for damage from secondary batteries since they are outside my control.  I also resent TK penalties for infliction of damage due to collision as this also occurred in naval combat. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,858 posts
30,564 battles

Been thinking a bit about team killing penalties and it is ok, think it could be better. First I would not just fine the offender repair costs, but maybe 2 times repair costs. Like in civil law ya get your damages plus punitive damages. Some sort of penalty for say (and I am just coming up with a figure) more than 2 team kills in a 30 day period you get a nerf either to credits or experience. Make it bad enough where you are more careful but not so bad that you can not play. If you get multiples of this penalty over say 6 months, you get some sort of temporary ban from the game. Now understand I have had my share of team kills, always either brain flatulence on my part of the victim (you REALLY shouldn't get between two destroyers involved in a knife fight) or inexperience (trying to help a friendly ship calling for help with torpedo planes when his attacker was close). I had a very strange TK with my St Louis of all ships. Was all binocular view broadside with ship attacking a friendly Nassau pounding away. I see movement, didn't register right away, but turns out it was the low health Nassau thinking he wanted to get between us both to get the kill and I managed to kill him with a couple of shells..... Bad move on his part, bad on me for not realizing the movement I saw was his mast. Oh well, things happen. I also put a bit of onus on WG for not having a SAFE place to practice skills like firing torpedoes as part of the game. Learning good torp skills has a fairly decent learning curve and shouldn't be done in combat, even in Coop as almost every one of my TKs have been there because that is pretty much all I play. Have had friendly bots do the stupidest things in combat. The training room needs to be part of the package from WG. Now INTENTIONALLY team killing needs to be punished severely assuming there is replay proof of the offense. I say a permanent ban for an offense is not over he top and new players need to be instructed early on about this. In a tier 1 match, had one poor fella just firing willy nilly at EVERYONE with no regard to who was friendly and who was not. I think he thought he was playing by hisself and everyone was a target...  I also think there needs to be a "forgive" button for the victim of a TK. I was fighting without paying attention and ran into some torpedoes fired by a friendly who was trying to save me. Say what you want, I made the mistake and felt bad about my teammate having to suffer the humiliation of being pink. Have seen it happen several times where people get in the way of others and get TK and needs to be a way to address it in game without involving WG.

Edited by Taylor3006

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,558 battles

Thanks for all the feed back and participation.  I have been playing since open beta and have received TK status 5-6 times over that time.   They have all involved torps that missed the target and unintentionally struck a friendly.  My TK penalty has always been 3 or 5 games in the "Pink".  TK status was only levied if there was team damage 2 or 3 games in a row.   I was shocked at the immediate sinking of my ship and the 25 game penalty since the "victim" took damage but was not killed.   I do not mind friendly fire damage from errant torps because that was the reality of combat and I have only been intentionally torped and sunk once..  I do resent TK penalties for damage from secondary batteries since they are outside my control.  I also resent TK penalties for infliction of damage due to collision as this also occurred in naval combat. 

If you have accidentally sunk friendlies five or six times and still not figured out what you're doing wrong, that isn't a fault in the system that is you being a show learner.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Needs improvement. The person who gets TKed still gets screwed for no reason. If I get torpedoed to death in a tier 9 BB by an ally, the amount of credits it gives me as "compensation" doesn't even come close to my repair costs. I still go horrendously negative. Not to mention I lose all of my signals, and make no xp. Compensation for the victim party needs a huge increase.

Edited by goldeagle1123

[USCC]
Members
3,912 posts
19,270 battles

I think 100% of the compensation needs to come from the offending party and not WG.

WG can front the cost to the victim, and deduct from the offending account as it can, on a scale they decide.

And if the offending account doesn't have enough credits, doubloons, or flags etc etc, then it's up to WG to decide their fate.

If turning pink isn't enough to make someone learn, then perhaps hitting their wallet might!

Members
19 posts
13,283 battles

If you have accidentally sunk friendlies five or six times and still not figured out what you're doing wrong, that isn't a fault in the system that is you being a show learner.

Your blame and name calling clearly indicates you have not grasped the point of the poll or the OP.   You are saying an IJN player firing 10Km torps at a clear target 2.4Km away and misses with two from the spread Is responsible for a teammate turning and taking a torp at 9.8Km 30 seconds later.  Further, your contention is that it is a BBs fault that a friendly DD crosses his bow, while running away, and is rammed.  Additionally, if you never have inflicted damage to a friendly or if there is a learnable skill to avoid issuing to or recieving damage from an ally, please share your knowledge with this community as I am sure that it would be welcomed by both sides of the issue.       

Members
19 posts
13,283 battles

Needs improvement. The person who gets TKed still gets screwed for no reason. If I get torpedoed to death in a tier 9 BB by an ally, the amount of credits it gives me as "compensation" doesn't even come close to my repair costs. I still go horrendously negative. Not to mention I lose all of my signals, and make no xp. Compensation for the victim party needs a huge increase.

I am not at tier 9 yet, but it seems from what you are saying here is that, just like in WoT, it is near impossible to cover the cost of operating in the higher tiers.  So do you think it is a issue with the TK penalty system or is it a problem with the games base compensation system?  I know in WoT, I stopped running my Teir 9 and 10s long ago because I would make way more money in a Teir 5 or 6 match. 

Members
909 posts

I guess that the Teamkilling System like the MM is "Working as Intended".  

25 game penalty???????????? You should expect at minimum a warning, and probably a  several day ban and a strike at the end of the month if you're getting 5 times the normal penalty for the occasional teamkill from the automated system. 

The new policy on team kills was made because of people like you that can't figure out how NOT to endanger their teammates.

Also, you don't turn pink for a teamkill until after the battle is over, so of course you didn't see the Karlsruhe turn pink during the battle. 

Please make sure you rage post about your ban in October. Inquiring minds want to know.

Sign in to follow this