You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iEaTDaGrudge

5.12 update :)

228 comments in this topic

Members
1,699 posts
9,033 battles

Teamplay

For more fair calculations of XP and Credits earned in battle, the following factors are now taken into account:

• Spotting enemy ships and squadrons
  • Damage caused by allies to the enemy spotted by you
  • Potential damage

The overall logic of granting Credits and XP per battle was reworked to include the above changes. Consequently, if a player carries out useful actions (causing damage, fighting for control of key areas, supporting the allied team), their average rewards will not change compared to rewards earned in version 0.5.11.

However, players whose gameplay behaviour is mostly "one-way" (for example, battleship players that stay away from the heat of battle and try to only cause damage to the enemy rather than lead the attack in a certain direction, or destroyer players that focus on capturing key areas but do not do any recon) will be in a less advantageous position in terms of the in-game economy.

The changes above have been designed based on the analysis of real-word data received throughout versions 0.5.9 to 0.5.10. They should have a positive impact on the in-game economy and make the rewards more fair, especially for players who are supporting their team a lot.

Game Balance Changes

Try top-tier balance changes at the safe area:

• The armour thickness of regular Tier VIII-X battleships has been decreased. This change will allow penetration of the affected ships in the forward section with large-calibre AP shells. The previous armour thickness allowed Battleship players attack head-on in high tiers (or even attack while moving in reverse in some cases) by highly decreasing or even fully excluding the possibility of taking damage from AP shells. Those battleships also tended to ignore other ships on their teams. This caused participants in combat to become passive and enter engagements less logically, their game behaviour deviating from their intended roles. Now, battleships pose more significant threat to each other and will be able to deal more quick damage, especially in close combat. Battleships tanking is now more complicated and players need to pay more attention to how they position thier ships, instead of just pointing bow at the enemy. This affects only battleship vs battleship situation, and should also make the life of high-tier cruisers better, as they suffer a lot from battleship overpopulation.This is an experiment, so we encourage players to explore high-tier gameplay and share their thougts on this change.
  • At the same time destroyers plating thickness has been decreased, too. This change will affect the performance of battleships auxiluary armament against the destroyers - their small caliber shells will deal more damage on hit.
  • In order to equalise combat effectiveness of the Soviet destroyers Udaloi and Khabarovsk against their peers, the fire range of these ships has been decreased, whereas loading time has been increased. The change is needed because these destroyers cause too much frustration to play against as it requires extremely high skill to hit them at their maximum firing range, while they quite esasily deal deamage in return.
  • Regular Tier VII-X cruisers are now able to equip Steering Gears Modification 3 in the 6th slot (-40% to rudder shift time and -80% to steering gears repair time). That change is aimed at increasing the insufficient survivability of high-tier cruisers and to motivate players to act more aggressively in battle.

wow this is epic :D

Edited : "At the same time destroyers plating thickness has been decreased, too. This change will affect the performance of battleships auxiluary armament against the destroyers - their small caliber shells will deal more damage on hit." i love how we DD capt unlock certain DD's and spend tons of Credits then after that they gonna nerf again.. :D.

Edited by iEaTDaGrudge

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Gonna love how all BBs have the same effect as Yamato lolpens on Iowa.

Smh, this update is pointless, won't do anything to stop bow-on camping.

Edit: And the fact they're changing the economy.. SMHx2

Edited by DarthDoge

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,152 battles

Have they ever bothered to increase the money/xp gained by shooting down aircraft?

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,152 battles

Gonna love how all BBs have the same effect as Yamato lolpens on Iowa.

Smh, this update is pointless, won't do anything to stop bow-on camping.

I'm of the same opinion.  While I didn't bow-on camp/reverse, I cannot see how making it EASIER to pen you from the front will make this better as the added side-effect of making it harder to use your BB to push on caps and other areas due to being MORE vulnerable.

Yes - we hate camping bow-on BBs, so in order to encourage them to move around, we'll make it EASIER to take damage.

lol... 

• Cool 5

Members
802 posts
2,757 battles

Have they ever bothered to increase the money/xp gained by shooting down aircraft?

Supposedly they're reworking CVs, but no idea if the economy is a thought.  It's apparent that they want you to attack using your planes, rather than defend your team.

Strike layout or bust.

• Cool 1

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
19,459 battles
I like these changes on paper, will see how they play out,  sure wish I would have had the spotting yesterday, I got behind the other teams cap in my fletcher and kept half their team lit for my side to pound them, they never knew I was their and it was better for my team to not shoot at them, but dam, I ended up last in scoring

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

I'm of the same opinion.  While I didn't bow-on camp/reverse, I cannot see how making it EASIER to pen you from the front will make this better as the added side-effect of making it harder to use your BB to push on caps and other areas due to being MORE vulnerable.

Yes - we hate camping bow-on BBs, so in order to encourage them to move around, we'll make it EASIER to take damage.

lol... 

They're punishing players like me that USE our bow to bounce shells.

Like wth?

Literally killing BBs, I'ma just use CAs and DDs for the rest of my stay here, literally killing BB survivability.. 

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

For more fair calculations of XP and Credits earned in battle, the following factors are now taken into account:

• Spotting enemy ships and squadrons
  • Damage caused by allies to the enemy spotted by you
  • Potential damage

This was really needed in my opinion. Reward DD's for spotting and screening, so they don't just run off on their own so much.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,992 battles

The use of the word "regular" has surprisingly far-reaching implications.

Does this mean Tirpitz will be the only ship in the game that retains its 32mm bow armor? And that Eugen will not get the new rudder shift mod?

I am somewhat confused by the "Tier VII-Tier X" requirement for the 6th slot modification, as Tier VII ships don't have that slot to my knowledge.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

Game Balance Changes

Try top-tier balance changes at the safe area:

• The armour thickness of regular Tier VIII-X battleships has been decreased. This change will allow penetration of the affected ships in the forward section with large-calibre AP shells. The previous armour thickness allowed Battleship players attack head-on in high tiers (or even attack while moving in reverse in some cases) by highly decreasing or even fully excluding the possibility of taking damage from AP shells. Those battleships also tended to ignore other ships on their teams. This caused participants in combat to become passive and enter engagements less logically, their game behaviour deviating from their intended roles. Now, battleships pose more significant threat to each other and will be able to deal more quick damage, especially in close combat. Battleships tanking is now more complicated and players need to pay more attention to how they position thier ships, instead of just pointing bow at the enemy. This affects only battleship vs battleship situation, and should also make the life of high-tier cruisers better, as they suffer a lot from battleship overpopulation.This is an experiment, so we encourage players to explore high-tier gameplay and share their thougts on this change.

I knew they'd ram that through without any testing at all. Behold, the death of aggressive battleships and WG's encouragement of passive, long-range camping.

• Cool 4

Members
337 posts
957 battles

Let the cries of BBabies everywhere be heard. Hey BB captains maybe you should adapt and live with it like you told the IJN DD's.

It's so glorious.

Edited by scerviche178
  • Cool 9

[-KIA-]
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

I knew they'd ram that through without any testing at all. Behold, the death of aggressive battleships and WG's encouragement of passive, long-range camping.

Yknow how a Yamato could lolpen anything? Well, you will get citadeled each and every salvo no matter how you angle!

-WG

Yknow how Yamato can bounce Iowa shells? Well, you will get pre-0.5.12 Yamato lolpenned!

-WG

RIP BBs.

Let the cries of BBabies everywhere be heard. Hey BB captains maybe you should adapt and live with it like you told the IJN DD's.

It's so glorious.

Literally ALL hits on BBs bows will be 5k+. Even with all that health, you will die.

Edited by DarthDoge

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Suddenly the Richelieu-class with their 8x15" guns up front might not end up quite so hilariously powerful as I was expecting...

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

• In order to equalise combat effectiveness of the Soviet destroyers Udaloi and Khabarovsk against their peers, the fire range of these ships has been decreased, whereas loading time has been increased. The change is needed because these destroyers cause too much frustration to play against as it requires extremely high skill to hit them at their maximum firing range, while they quite esasily deal deamage in return.

I think Udaloi only needed a minor nerf, but Khabarovsk really needed to be nerfed.

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Maybe you should just adapt.

By adapting you mean get lolpenned by everything?

Lol no. Try high tier BBs, it wont be fun when every BB can Yamato lolpen each other.

Beta Testers
389 posts
7,230 battles

Appears there's a lot more than what's on the surface if TAP is to be believed: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/09/19/wows-0-5-12-changes-rn-cl-and-more/

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

Maybe you should just adapt.

Speaking as a destroyer main, shut the heck up. You haven't contributed anything to any of the threads about this subject. All you've done is antagonize people.
  • Cool 9

Members, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
2,659 battles

Is this only directly bow on to the incoming ordinance or will this negate even a sharply angled approach?  Its going to be difficult to push if they are going to get penned frontally at all angles.

Members
938 posts
16,048 battles

I have to disagree with the BB nerf..I dont like it.BB already hard to use when many destroyer and CV. Fire burning endlessly and soon citadel when pointing bow..Ridiculous, but have to try first before can give any feedback..from my opinion, should never touch BB now..Just reduce the repair cost and service.Maybe slightly reduce number or campers. 

More nerf on BB more campers we will get..So stop nerfing the BB.

Edited by bandits86

Members
337 posts
957 battles

By adapting you mean get lolpenned by everything?

Lol no. Try high tier BBs, it wont be fun when every BB can Yamato lolpen each other.

Oh poor BB's get nerfed. You can't tank everything and do the most damage at the same time anymore! i'm so sad for you.

Content Moderated By Njourour.

Edited by Njourour
  • Cool 1