Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Dilbert

Most useless consumable

18 comments in this topic

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Is there a consumable that is more useless than the spotter plan on the Kongo and the Fuso?  What really annoys me is I can't launch it and not get the "aerial" perspective when scoped (I don't mind this perspective for 19km+, but hate it in closer range), so I don't even get the use of the plane to "spot" DD's and torpedoes.

[F-U]
Members
240 posts
3,458 battles

The only BB I could make shots via a float plane work with was the Warspite for some reason. For other ships I launch them when I am about to sink so it at least hopefully spots enemies that come within its range.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I use the spotter planes on Kongo all the time, used it on Fuso fairly regularly too. The range isn't what matters, it's seeing over distant mountains and slugging cruisers who think they're clever.

No, no. Most useless consumable is non-German Hydroacoustic Search.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

I can't hit anything with a spotter plan. I'd like it if they wouldn't change the perspective, that just kills it for me.

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

I regularly land citadels with the spotter plane. Practice.

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I can't hit anything with a spotter plan. I'd like it if they wouldn't change the perspective, that just kills it for me.

but that's what makes it useful. Learn to adapt to the perspective, it's super useful.

Most Useless Premium Consumable at High Tier: Premium Catapult Fighter

Trolling confirmed.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
685 posts
2,892 battles

In possibly the most ridiculous bit of RNG I've ever seen, I once managed to hit and sink a retreating DD at max range in my Fuso with my spotter plane up.  But like others in this thread I absolutely hate the perspective it forces you into.  Using it and then sailing into normal range but still being stuck at the elevated angle is the worst feeling.  I still wouldn't call it anything close to useless though.

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

USN DD speed boost 100000000000000% most useless consumable.

yeah, who needs an additional 8% of speed to get to a cap and potentially capture it before the enemy dd's...or when it's late in the battle and you have the ship advantage but are behind in points and need to get to a cap...yeah, those are useless things.

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

I use the spotter planes on Kongo all the time, used it on Fuso fairly regularly too. The range isn't what matters, it's seeing over distant mountains and slugging cruisers who think they're clever.

No, no. Most useless consumable is non-German Hydroacoustic Search.

Okay, it can be useful for seeing over islands and I don't mind the perspective at 20+km (however given BB dispersion hitting anything at that range, regardless of how good you are at aiming, is more RNG based than anything...yeah, I got a citadel/kill on a CA from 22km in my Fuso but the irony was that it was from the shell with the greatest dispersion from the group, but I just hate what it does in the 10-15km range.  

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

but that's what makes it useful. Learn to adapt to the perspective, it's super useful.

Trolling confirmed.

Actually, he has a point. I have never been happy with Cruiser/BB-launched Fighters.

I mean, the animation is that of a CAM ship(wrong),the planes are some of the most dumb planes I've ever seen, and sometimes they appear to be drunk by not attacking a force right in front of them(double wrong), their gas tanks must be the size of a two liter soda bottle for all the range they've got(triple wrong aspect),

and even when they do engage, they don't last long enough to kill more than one plane before falling victim to virtually anything.

As if that isn't enough, fighters from Cruisers were scout aircraft, not fighters, but yet in this game, they are fighters that put up the worst and most pathetic defense of their ship I have ever seen.

to be fair, I'm not sure they circle in their much-hated circle fast enough either, and  "Generally, we only use this nowadays for trying to spot stuff, but the thing is, I'm not so sure it can, and even if it can, It is more than likely to be on the wrong side of the ship to spot torpedoes or DDs."

Edited by legoboy0401

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Actually, he has a point. I have never been happy with Cruiser/BB-launched Fighters.

I mean, the animation is that of a CAM ship(wrong),the planes are some of the most dumb planes I've ever seen, and sometimes they appear to be drunk by not attacking a force right in front of them(double wrong), their gas tanks must be the size of a two liter soda bottle for all the range they've got(triple wrong aspect),

and even when they do engage, they don't last long enough to kill more than one plane before falling victim to virtually anything.

As if that isn't enough, fighters from Cruisers were scout aircraft, not fighters, but yet in this game, they are fighters that put up the worst and most pathetic defense of their ship I have ever seen.

What I hate about both the spotter and fighter planes is that they simply fly in a circle, and quite often when I'm in a BB I know what is to one side of me and behind me (NOTHING).  So maybe have three options:

1) the plane fly in a 360 degree circle

2) 180 degree arc from 270 degrees to 90 degrees

3) 180 degree arc from 90 degrees to 270 degrees

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I don't use them to engage aircraft. I use them as an early torpedo warning.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,845 battles

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky?

- Lee Harvey Oswald

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this