Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
hawkai

national pride and russian bias

16 comments in this topic

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
19,448 battles

when I 1st started in WOT, I grinded up the whole US tech tree, why? well I am American, so I did.

then I started playing in clans and found out I did not have the right tank to compete.

I did not go to the forums and whine about Russian bias, I got me a is7.

is their Russian bias= yes some = so what = get over it = why?

1-national pride, of course they are going to give there own country lines, a little extra, same would be said if they had developed it in the US, human nature,be glad they offered such an awesome game to our market

2- ITS A GAME- your not being disloyal or a traitor to your country going up another country line

3-if you don't grind up the Russian tech tree, your just being s----, yesterday  I took a yam on, head to head in my mos, did 98k damage to him and killed him, I do have to say he was not a very good player, just kept sailing broadside to me and let have at him, but I sure would not have tried that with my des

4-go for the best ships you want, forget what flag it flies

5-ITS A GAME-not a simulation not history

6-rant done=sorry

Edited by hawkai

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,371 battles

Honestly I don't know why people claim Russian bias.  I'll explain why the Russian ships are balanced and what makes them seem unbalanced here.

Let's start with Russian destroyers.  OK, before Tier 5 their guns suck, that's just given.  After Tier 5, it gets a bit annoying with their stalin-flavored shells and fast speeds.  Yeah they are super annoying to shoot when they got the engine boost running and are going at like 48 knots, but the key is not running from them so you can't hit them, you get closer and lay waste to them.  I do admit that hitting them at all needs some special practice, but at close range it really doesn't matter.  I'm not talking about 4 km and torpedo range, maybe 7 km where you can nuke them with HE but they usually can't torpedo you.  Use islands as cover if necessary.  They got giant detection ranges after all, so why not get in and kill them where they can't escape or dodge.  Of course you can't be a complete idiot and charge head on, sail unpredictably so their chance of hitting torpedoes is less.  I've done this plenty of times in my Atlanta where I nuke Kievs and Tashkents when I surprise them behind islands.  They can't run because they got 9 km detection ranges and are comparatively giant compared to other destroyers.

Russian cruisers are like their destroyers, they all suck pretty badly until Tier 5.  The purpose of any cruiser, is to destroy other cruisers and destroyers.  Russian cruisers do this better than any other nation, with high velocities that can hit targets at almost any range.  However, they suck in their maneuverability and AA is subpar.  They play fire-support, not a front-line assault role.  I cannot count how many times people have asked me in my Kirov to go up front and tank.  Russian cruisers cannot tank hits, except maybe the Moskva.  The rest all lack armor and need to play fire-support.  However, this is why people say they are unbalanced: everyone on NA loves sniping, nobody goes and brawls and those who do push usually get focus-fired.  Russian cruisers at max range are really annoying to hit, because they can still dodge despite their poor maneuverability.  Russian cruisers who get close-up and brawl usually don't do well at all, the Germans are better for brawling because they have better torpedo armament and superior AP.

I don't know if you bothered to read all of this, but I just felt like this needed to be said.

• Cool 3

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles

People claim Russian bias because Gremy and Imperator are both Russian and deemed exclusive for the owners. Never to be offered again. How is that the two Russian ships are so OP yet none of the rest? How do you release an OP ship in all seriousness? You have a team that knows the numbers it's setting. If it is released as such it was intended.

Edited by _Caliph_

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,318 battles

People claim Russian bias because Gremy and Imperator are both Russian and deemed exclusive for the owners. Never to be offered again. How is that the two Russian ships are so OP yet none of the rest? How do you release an OP ship in all seriousness? You have a team that knows the numbers it's setting. If it is released as such it was intended.

Then why won't they sell them again? When developers are asked, they say "It's because they are both so OP." End of rebuttal, except for: QUACK!!

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
19,448 battles

Honestly I don't know why people claim Russian bias.  I'll explain why the Russian ships are balanced and what makes them seem unbalanced here.

Let's start with Russian destroyers.  OK, before Tier 5 their guns suck, that's just given.  After Tier 5, it gets a bit annoying with their stalin-flavored shells and fast speeds.  Yeah they are super annoying to shoot when they got the engine boost running and are going at like 48 knots, but the key is not running from them so you can't hit them, you get closer and lay waste to them.  I do admit that hitting them at all needs some special practice, but at close range it really doesn't matter.  I'm not talking about 4 km and torpedo range, maybe 7 km where you can nuke them with HE but they usually can't torpedo you.  Use islands as cover if necessary.  They got giant detection ranges after all, so why not get in and kill them where they can't escape or dodge.  Of course you can't be a complete idiot and charge head on, sail unpredictably so their chance of hitting torpedoes is less.  I've done this plenty of times in my Atlanta where I nuke Kievs and Tashkents when I surprise them behind islands.  They can't run because they got 9 km detection ranges and are comparatively giant compared to other destroyers.

Russian cruisers are like their destroyers, they all suck pretty badly until Tier 5.  The purpose of any cruiser, is to destroy other cruisers and destroyers.  Russian cruisers do this better than any other nation, with high velocities that can hit targets at almost any range.  However, they suck in their maneuverability and AA is subpar.  They play fire-support, not a front-line assault role.  I cannot count how many times people have asked me in my Kirov to go up front and tank.  Russian cruisers cannot tank hits, except maybe the Moskva.  The rest all lack armor and need to play fire-support.  However, this is why people say they are unbalanced: everyone on NA loves sniping, nobody goes and brawls and those who do push usually get focus-fired.  Russian cruisers at max range are really annoying to hit, because they can still dodge despite their poor maneuverability.  Russian cruisers who get close-up and brawl usually don't do well at all, the Germans are better for brawling because they have better torpedo armament and superior AP.

I don't know if you bothered to read all of this, but I just felt like this needed to be said.

+1 allot better explanation than my rant and you are on the money about the maneurablity, I have got myself killed so many time in my Moskva by misjudging my turns and grounding , what a slug, it has to be one of the worst turning ships in the game even with steering perks

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
19,448 battles

Gremyashchy and Imperator Nikolai. Nothing else need be said.

yep, got them both, love them, always buy Russian premuims

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,574 battles

I'm American by pride and I love the IJN CAs and CVs more than their US counterparts.

Anyone calling me a traitor misses that this is a game.

[RST]
Members
836 posts
22,784 battles

I'm so confused where my bias is and what bandwagon I should get on?!  :ohmy:

I'm born in the U.S.A. and a proud American so I suppose I should back buffs to their fleet.  Let's Make America Great Again!

On the other hand, my heritage is English/Irish and German/French, European 'mutts' so to speak, so I should want bias for those navies right?  Rule Britannia!  Deutschland, Deutschland über alles!

But, my wife is Japanese and I have(had) friends who actually served in the Imperial Japanese Navy, so I should be 100% Nippon Gambare!

Then again ... my sister-in-law and nephew/godson are of Russian background - For the Revolution comrades!

I don't know what to do ...

I suppose I should just play the Blyskawica, there's no Polish connection (yet).

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,090 battles

Krasny Krym

Only real turd calling itself Russian. I think WG did that on purpose to deflect the Russian Bias part. Just my 2 cents.
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this