Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Xechran

Izumo...

9 comments in this topic

Members
488 posts
10,310 battles

So, I had enough free xp to skip one IJN T9. Jumped over the Ibuki and am slogging my way through the Izumo. This thing is an absolute slug, or maybe Im just spoiled by my beautiful princess Amagi. Regardless, I was checking the upgrades looking for better rudder shift and looking at the engine upgrade.

Engine... upgrade? 3,000 shp and 0.8 knots? What am I missing here? Please, tell me I'm missing something here. Like that it upgrades acceleration, that'd be welcome news.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

According to the datamined values on Gamemodels3d, the upgrade has no effect on acceleration.

I don't yet have the Izumo, but will most likely skip the engine upgrade, as it appears to have the least significant effect out of any in the game.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Izumo is test to see if you are worthy of Yamato. 

Okay, actually she's not that bad. I mean she's /bad/ but she's not impossible. She actually has pretty good ballistics, and is a good bow-on tank at least till the bow armor gets changed. The problem with Izumo is she's not really good at anything else. She's extremely fragile from the side, even angled, and has a huge flat deck that seems to suck up lobbed shells like a vacuum cleaner. I never got good at her, but I did manage to become /okay/ with her.

My advice? Put an island between you and the majority of the enemy. Then bow-on shoot the enemy coming through your field of fire. Especially vs a Yamato, you are going to get murdered by whatever is to your sides, so the only way to avoid that is making sure most of the map can't see you. Heck even bow-on, you're going to get murdered by a Yamato, so pray they show you a broadside and you get a lucky hit. 

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

If you want useless upgrades, Gnevny's torpedo upgrade adds 1 knot to the torpedo speed.  Fubuki's C hull makes you lose a gun and lose AA for more HP.  

But yeah, Izumo's engine upgrade is kinda useless.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

The Izumo isn't that bad. I just isn't Iowa or Amagi.

If you want good acceleration, get the propulsion mod

If the plan is to bow-tank with forward and reverse for avoiding stuff, that really is the best bet. 
  • Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
7,141 posts
12,577 battles

Izumo is a bow-on medium tank and has a habit of lighting itself under HE pressure.

Don't think the engine upgrade does much.

Sign in to follow this