You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Citrusss

WG way of saying "We want more money!"

161 comments in this topic

Members
1,150 posts
9,100 battles

JGQlKa2.png

They added a new permanent camo for Eugen as promised, but in addition to the promised credits WG kept captain training bonus. Thus it just screams "You spent $40-$70 on the ship but you won't get it all capabilities until you spend another $15 (cost of 3000 doubloons)!" 

• Cool 14

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles

Not that it matters much, but out of curiosity, what does the camo look like on the ship?

Members
1,150 posts
9,100 battles

Not that it matters much, but out of curiosity, what does the camo look like on the ship?

link is in my signature

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

So don't buy it. Nobody's making you.

If an extra 10% credits is the game breaker for you, then wow man. Just wow.

The only thing I would consider it for is whether it looks a lot better or not. 10% credits is nothing.

• Cool 2

[RTR]
Beta Testers
306 posts
2,168 battles

You don't even need that 10%. Maybe if it was 50%or 100%, but 10% isn't worth $15 when this thing prints money for just looking at an enemy. 

Don't feel cheated, it's ugly as sin anyway. Something out of Captain Falcon's collection. 

Members
1,150 posts
9,100 battles

So don't buy it. Nobody's making you.

If an extra 10% credits is the game breaker for you, then wow man. Just wow.

The only thing I would consider it for is whether it looks a lot better or not. 10% credits is nothing.

You don't even need that 10%. Maybe if it was 50%or 100%, but 10% isn't worth $15 when this thing prints money for just looking at an enemy. 

Don't feel cheated, it's ugly as sin anyway. Something out of Captain Falcon's collection. 

Everyone has the power to say no. If this is an issue for you, you may want to seek help for your addiction. 

you missed the point. I am saying that this new camo doesn't make an option with another bonus or just the looks (like Texas), it improves the current bonus and WG is charging this in addition to already premium ship. It started with flags which are sold in bundles, now it goes to another small things like camos. In the end, we are risking that premium ships will be sold in parts where you buy a hull from the store and add guns in the modules section for doubloons.

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
300 posts
7,762 battles

you missed the point. I am saying that this new camo doesn't make an option with another bonus or just the looks (like Texas), it improves the current bonus and WG is charging this in addition to already premium ship. It started with flags which are sold in bundles, now it goes to another small things like camos. In the end, we are risking that premium ships will be sold in parts where you buy a hull from the store and add guns in the modules section for doubloons.

Exactly, it opens the floodgates for more future gouging. WG products are already expensive enough as is.

Members
449 posts

JGQlKa2.png

They added a new permanent camo for Eugen as promised, but in addition to the promised credits WG kept captain training bonus. Thus it just screams "You spent $40-$70 on the ship but you won't get it all capabilities until you spend another $15 (cost of 3000 doubloons)!" 

That is a crock of [edited crap]. And I came back to the game because I naively believed they were fixing the game?

Looks like they are breaking the game. Very badly. Tell you what, Wargaming fixes what is still been wrong with this game and we'll spend way more money. No need for this blatant "Pay-To-Win" [edited [edited]].

Edited by Destin65

WG Staff
298 posts
4 battles

JGQlKa2.png

Sorry, I fail to understand your logic. You do get all capabilities while getting the ship. This camo is just an option with bonus. 

Premium ships increased credit farm is always "included" in the ships stats, and this optional 2nd camo adds new look and extra 10%. What is the problem?

P.S. All premium content in this game is about earning money, you know. We are a company, and World of Warships is our product. So we offer you extra stuff, and if you like it, we can earn money and keep updating the game. 

• Cool 28

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles

Now, I probably will buy the Prinz Eugen. I love the German CA line, it's very rewarding if played correctly. I also will most likely buy the camo for the extra credits, as I'm very poor in-game with an average bank of 3-4 million. (I love playing my tier tens, I've played for them, why not play them?) So having even that much more is a bonus. Not to mention being in the verge of having 350 anniversary flags with 100 commander xp flags, the Prinz Eugen's captain training abilities will be very valuable to me. $15 might be a little excessive, I'd rather it cost $8-10, as that'd be more reasonable.

WG Staff
298 posts
4 battles

That is a crock of [edited crap]. And I came back to the game because I naively believed they were fixing the game?

Looks like they are breaking the game. Very badly. Tell you what, Wargaming fixes what is still been wrong with this game and we'll spend way more money. No need for this blatant "Pay-To-Win" [edited [edited]].

How does +10% credits make pay-to-win? It is a purely economical feature without any impact on combat.

• Cool 18

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Sorry, I fail to understand your logic. You do get all capabilities while getting the ship. This camo is just an option with bonus. 

Premium ships increased credit farm is always "included" in the ships stats, and this optional 2nd camo adds new look and extra 10%. What is the problem?

P.S. All premium content in this game is about earning money, you know. We are a company, and World of Warships is our product. So we offer you extra stuff, and if you like it, we can earn money and keep updating the game. 

I agree. I never really understood why people think they are being ripped off. If you don't want it, you don't have to get it. Since it's just +10% to credit, it's not like it's all that vital or necessary. 

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles

Exactly.  It's an option to earn more credits, but nobody is twisting any arms to make you buy it.  You already get a good bonus from the ship itself being premium as well as with the original camo.  This is just one more step up the ladder for those who want it.  Its only gouging if a company forces the hand of a consumer to pay for something.

I'm still lost as to why everyone gets all up in arms over a company trying to earn a profit.  We would all do the same to maximize our bottom line too, right?

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

I have often wondered when you buy into a signal or module which says something like '+3% less deflection of shells aimed to your enemy" does it get countered by your enemy who bought into an item which says ' -3% deflection of enemy shells to you' 

Does it result in a null for that particular encounter?  I have not researched this yet but I am sure it exists in some form or another. 

[RED]
Members
201 posts
10,366 battles

I disagree.  With the recent MM changes to protect T3 and 4, thereby ruining T5 and 6 (and Sub_Octavian's latest response that describes this situation as "not critical"), they clearly don't want to sell any more T5 or 6 premium ships, so they clearly don't care that much about money.  :sceptic:

Edited by DD_381

Members
553 posts
8,586 battles

Here's the problem: the player base is mistranslating why Prinz Eugen is in the game. 

Time and time again has it been stated that she'd be an EXACT copy of the Admiral Hipper. The Eugen is an experiment. WG wanted to know how many people were willing to buy an exact copy of a ship at a similar price to other premiums. Among this, WG has also stated time and time again that they wanted to know how interested players were in bonuses to credit income and commander XP. 

Stop being so arrogant and close-minded. I'm ashamed of how aged players act in such a way and say non-intelligent things.

• Cool 5

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,143 battles

How about focusing more on increasing the population and decreasing profits for a bit. There are enough premium ships to fill an entire nations tech tree and NA spends more cash than any other region whilst having nearly the smallest population. A camo that gives 10% more credits isn't the "money earning" experience a lot of people are looking for.

I mean I have no problem supporting the game that I really enjoy, but this little experiment is meh at best.

Edited by GG_Bootcamp

Members
1,549 posts
5,319 battles

I think the confusion comes form the fact people were asking last week why buy the Prince Eugen; which the answer was because it gets +10% credits are part of the camo and said camo would show up later, which they assumed they would get.  As of now, looks like to get the "best Hipper in the game" you need to spend at least $75.  Man that's funny $75 for a Hipper with the current meta.   I tell you what WG, you remove the citadel from it, give it a heal and I'll give you $75 for it.

• Cool 1

Members
1,150 posts
9,100 battles

As I stated before, this new camo doesn't make an option with another bonus or just the looks (like Texas), it improves the current bonus and WG is charging this in addition to already premium ship. 

Edited by Citrusss

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

As I stated before, this new camo doesn't make an option with another bonus or just the looks (like Texas), it improves the current bonus and WG is charging this in addition to already premium ship. 

And what's wrong with that? It's not like they're forcing you to pay for it. 

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

What part of WarGaming is a business and needs to make a profit to stay in business is hard to understand?

• Cool 5

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

How does +10% credits make pay-to-win? It is a purely economical feature without any impact on combat.

Exactly...and it's not a large one at that. If it were some outrageous 100% bonus or the like, I could understand being pissed off. But 10%?

People will buy camo just for the looks of it, so a 10% credits boost is nothing at all. For crying out loud, of all the problems Wargaming has THIS is what people are upset about?!