You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DasBootcamp

What other Naval Animes are there?

14 comments in this topic

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,190 battles

To begin with, please don't turn this into a hate thread. If you have a solid answer you could PM it to me if you don't even want to post. I just want some opinions. So I know this has been asked before, but I was wondering if someone had a comprehensive list of other Naval anime? Specifically something that we may see in WoWS at some point in the future, even if it's something not released yet.

So far I have watched the ARP seasons and movie to learn about it. It was enjoyable to me personally. Watched Kancolle which, yeah, that was different and I don't think we are going to see that added imo. Watching High School Fleet now which is the new Anime event that was posted on the Asia server. The series seems to be a lot more on par with ARP in style (historical ship profiles) which got me to wondering. If ARP and HSF are what the two anime events are for the game, what others are out there like these series that would be worth watching in anticipation that it may lead to a WoWS event?

My general consensus:

ARP - Cosmetically accurate physical profiles but sci-fi style weapons. It was enjoyable.

Kancolle - Fleet style tactics but no general contribution to be added to WoWS outside of cosmetic mods.

HSF - Far more accurate "life" aboard and ship operations including supply issues, reload times, aiming and avoiding. Relatively accurate cosmetic profiles but I am not certain some of these ships really existed.

So I guess what WoWS is looking for are ships that have a physical profile that can be modeled into the game as well as some form of historical backgrounds. Anything else out there like these? I've heard of Wuvgun but haven't looked into it at all yet.

[BONKZ]
Members
887 posts
11,715 battles

We could have special flags and special captains that are characters from Kancolle as well. 

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,190 battles

Not sure how any aspect of it could be incorporated into WoWS, but I highly recommend Zipang.

I'll check it out on the Wiki.

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
300 posts
7,762 battles

Zipang was actually pretty interesting. but...

They went with the "multi-Universe" time travel method, which IMO is much less interesting as it kinda invalidates the "future of Japan" plot they were setting up.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

I will just post this comment so I get notifications about new animes to watch

A good anime (sadly not about ships) is Girls und Panzer. I didn't regret a single second.

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
4,573 battles

Zipang was actually pretty interesting. but...

They went with the "multi-Universe" time travel method, which IMO is much less interesting as it kinda invalidates the "future of Japan" plot they were setting up.

still they go full otoko withthe theme xD is really a cool series 

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
6,193 posts
4,955 battles

If you don't care for sci-fi, alternate history, modern ships included, here's my list... notes added for type of show.

Probably these two are the most likely that could make an appearance in-game

Kurogane Puka Puka Fleet and Tethys of the Battle Sea

Konpeki no Kantai - WW2, AH

Kyokujitsu no Kantai - WW2, AH

Tactical Roar - Modern, sci-fi, all female crew

Ketsudan - Anime/Documentary.  Not all naval

For manga, I'd add in..

Carrier Ibuki - Modern, AH, same author as Zipang

Kurogane Puka Puka Fleet - WW2, Lighthearted, all female crew, original ships

Tethys of the Battle Sea - WW2, fantasy, original ships

Mugen no Gunkan Yamato - WW2, AH, fantasy, timetravel

Unebi 畝傍 from Puka puka

10,000 tons, 29 knots, 4x 30cm/50, 8x 14cm, 3x 12.7cm, 2x 25mm Twin

Built as a commerce raider from 'spare' parts.  Main guns are demounted from the Kawachi class, secondaries are the same 14cm on the 5500t cruisers.

Z9qxwfQ.jpg

Sanze from Tethys

U6hTuRb.jpg

Edited by Jinxed_Katajainen
  • Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

OMG, Sanze has 12 of the Mogami's 155mm guns.  Sounds like a solid Tier 7 to me.

15... rear is triple superfiring...

Alpha Tester
7,898 posts
27 battles

I would note that between the anime/manga listed by Jinxed only Kurogane Puka Puka Tai is being translated (/ak/scanlations), as far as I know. I could be missing infos on official localisations, but I suppose that they're unlikely...

Sanze from Tethys

U6hTuRb.jpg

The mixed high angle battery is weird, but even more curiously where it says 10cm高角砲 I can only see what appear to be HA directors.

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
6,193 posts
4,955 battles

I would note that between the anime/manga listed by Jinxed only Kurogane Puka Puka Tai is being translated (/ak/scanlations), as far as I know. I could be missing infos on official localisations, but I suppose that they're unlikely...

The mixed high angle battery is weird, but even more curiously where it says 10cm高角砲 I can only see what appear to be HA directors.

I've reread the volume to see if the actual series art rather than the lineart shed some light on that but there weren't many shots that actually showed the guns in detail...

I could make out the shielded 12.7cm HA, but nowhere I could actually find the 10cm HA.

On another note, the main antagonist ships of Sanze are the USS Pennsylvania, and the fictional Baltimore-class USS Gotham and Brooklyn-class USS Metropolis.

Edited by Jinxed_Katajainen