Kapitan_Wuff

Dead Wiki?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

21 posts in this topic

Over the last few days the wargamming wiki is "not found". I haven't seen anyone else mention it anywhere so I wonder if its just me. Anyone else having trouble getting the wiki page?

The wiki is up. You should be able to access it either just by searching for it on Google or clicking services at the top left. 

Follewed the direct link and got the same response as always. I have no idea wthis happening that I am the only one that can't open the wiki. I have gone through worldofwarships.com, google search, my past bookmark, and the direct link given here. Any help in figuring this out would be great. 

This site can’t be reached

wiki.wargaming.net’s server DNS address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

It might be something with your browser. I've had that issue with Chrome occasionally and clearing my cache and history seemed to fix it.  

Works for me with the usual link (provided in a previous message up the thread).

Follewed the direct link and got the same response as always. I have no idea wthis happening that I am the only one that can't open the wiki. I have gone through worldofwarships.com, google search, my past bookmark, and the direct link given here. Any help in figuring this out would be great. 

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

If this is what you got from clicking the link I did earlier then I'd recommend you clear your cache history.

Completely cleared the history, cache, etc on Chrome. No change.  For good measure I also tried it on Safari, my iphone, and roommate's PC... Server can not be found.   I even tried using a incognito window because...well why not. 

Edited by jford068

I'm having the same problem, and it's not only now, can't acces to the wiki from several days ago... =/

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

I'm having the same problem, and it's not only now, can't acces to the wiki from several days ago... =/

Glad Im not the only one

No you are not alone, not only that I was having problems with the update this morning saying it was a mismatch and I needed to reinstall. I wish I had keep a copy on my hard drive because now it won't down load just like wiki screen pops up. anyone else.

No you are not alone, not only that I was having problems with the update this morning saying it was a mismatch and I needed to reinstall. I wish I had keep a copy on my hard drive because now it won't down load just like wiki screen pops up. anyone else.

I had the problem with the update, but it seemed to auto correct. Don't think it had anything to do with any action I took. Just closed the launcher and tried again every 10-15min

I'm still doing that, I must really like this game. But PTSD is hard on my ..................... if ya know what I mean. But I keep trying.

If you're on windows flush your DNS cache - this happens periodically when the DNS server you are querying for wargaming.net cannot find the IP address to resolve to.

How DNS works is whenever you query a server for a domain name (such as google.com) you're asking the DNS server "Hey, give me the web address for google.com!"

The DNS server then responds "the IP address for google.com is 216.58.194.46". If wargaming.net isn't loaded onto the server then it would respond with a name resolve error.

If all else fails connect to the hightier DNS servers at 4.4.4.4 to 8.8.8.8

If you're on windows flush your DNS cache - this happens periodically when the DNS server you are querying for wargaming.net cannot find the IP address to resolve to.

How DNS works is whenever you query a server for a domain name (such as google.com) you're asking the DNS server "Hey, give me the web address for google.com!"

The DNS server then responds "the IP address for google.com is 216.58.194.46". If wargaming.net isn't loaded onto the server then it would respond with a name resolve error.

If all else fails connect to the hightier DNS servers at 4.4.4.4 to 8.8.8.8

I'm on a Mac using chrome. And most of what you said made no sense to me...not the most tech savvy person. I did clear the chrome cache and that had no affect. But because I also can access the site from a different browser, my phone, or my roommates PC (who has never gone to wargaming wiki before), I suspect that the issue isn't with my computer.