You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chobittsu

I'd just like to take a moment to thank the WG mods

50 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

I haven't been around this forum long, and I haven't made a name for myself like I had over on War Thunder Live. But In that time I've noticed that the moderation staff of WoWS is kind, follows it's own rules, and actually lifts a finger when something happens around here.

Controversial post about 9/11? Closed peacefully before it devolves into conspiracy or Islam hate.

Posts and threads demanding the removal of ARP ships because "Anime is paedophilia"? Gone within minutes.

Threads criticising Wargaming's decisions? Left alone as people are free to express concerns. Sometimes the mods actually listen and change things, and only remove the threads if they get out of hand.

The honesty and respect that the devs and mods around here have for their community is a breath of fresh air from other communities I've been part of, which one has banned me so as to keep some anime-haters happy because 10 users pay more than 1 user. Another just this day proved that the company is fine with their staff openly bullying and insulting it's users:
really_by_valhalla_studios-dahqe3c.png

I don't have a list of your mods handy, so I can't thank them personally for their work around here. But you know who you are, keep up the fine work

• Cool 9

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

I haven't been around this forum long, and I haven't made a name for myself like I had over on War Thunder Live. But In that time I've noticed that the moderation staff of WoWS is kind, follows it's own rules, and actually lifts a finger when something happens around here.
Controversial post about 9/11? Closed peacefully before it devolves into conspiracy or Islam hate.
Posts and threads demanding the removal of ARP ships because "Anime is paedophilia"? Gone within minutes.
Threads criticising Wargaming's decisions? Left alone as people are free to express concerns. Sometimes the mods actually listen and change things, and only remove the threads if they get out of hand.
The honesty and respect that the devs and mods around here have for their community is a breath of fresh air from other communities I've been part of, which one has banned me so as to keep some anime-haters happy because 10 users pay more than 1 user. Another just this day proved that the company is fine with their staff openly bullying and insulting it's users:
really_by_valhalla_studios-dahqe3c.png
I don't have a list of your mods handy, so I can't thank them personally for their work around here. But you know who you are, keep up the fine work

Wow, yes. absolutely. To be fair, the 9/11 post should have been left up as long as it wasn't out of hand, as that is a little anti-patriotic to delete it, and most of us don't care about religion much anyway when we play this game, that's not what we are here for, but that's the only real criticism I can give them.

And can I say, they are wonderful in real life too. I got to meet some at the Let's Battle Tour in Seattle, Washington, and they were really helpful.

Oh, and yes, Arpeggio of Blue Steel is actually not that bad, I just started watching it. I like it, but I don't like having it in game because we don't get 1-401/Iona in game, as she is one of the leading characters. Also, the implementation of them in game is kind of lazy.

Edited by legoboy0401

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

I always considered going back to war thunder some day for tanks or whatnot, but after seeing this- no way in hell. I mean, my experience with the WOWS mods is anything but what you've described (the amount of hell that needs to be raised to get them to do their jobs is way too high), but what that WT mod there did? That's unacceptable. It's unforgiveable. That is not behavior a moderator should EVER display no matter who they're talking about or what they've done. If Gaijin has any self respect left- that dude will have been fired by the end of the day he posted that.

EDIT: I see now it may or may not be WT. I'm curious now if it is. I just kinda assumed.

Edited by Stratego89

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

Wow, yes. absolutely. To be fair, the 9/11 post should have been left up as long as it wasn't out of hand, as that is a little anti-patriotic to delete it, and most of us don't care about religion much anyway when we play this game, that's not what we are here for, but that's the only real criticism I can give them.

No, it REALLY shouldn't have- at least if it's the one I think it was with video of the planes hitting the towers and people jumping to their deaths out of a XX story floor of a burning building. That has NOTHING to do with religion. It's basic human decency to not plaster graphic reminders of peoples' pain everywhere on a day meant to honor and remember them to help victims move past it.

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

No, it REALLY shouldn't have- at least if it's the one I think it was with video of the planes hitting the towers and people jumping to their deaths out of a XX story floor of a burning building. That has NOTHING to do with religion. It's basic human decency to not plaster graphic reminders of peoples' pain everywhere on a day meant to honor and remember them to help victims move past it.

Aye, in short, it's 1) not the subject matter of this forum, 2) not something people want to be reminded of all the time (personally I'm just sick of it being rubbed in everyone's faces every year... and I'm in ****ing CANADA...)   and 3) people should not be using it to gain a few extra upvotes and rep points, it's just plain rude.

Any time the other day when I saw a thread pop up about it, it was quietly ushered away by the mods in a peaceful manner.

[ANKER]
Members
1,196 posts
6,279 battles

Aye, nice read. Good to see some public mod appreciation. +1 :medal:

then again after what that moderator over at Gaijin said, WG would seem like benevolent gods to them

Edited by Combined_Fleet_HQ

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

Aye, in short, it's 1) not the subject matter of this forum, 2) not something people want to be reminded of all the time (personally I'm just sick of it being rubbed in everyone's faces every year... and I'm in ****ing CANADA...)   and 3) people should not be using it to gain a few extra upvotes and rep points, it's just plain rude.

Any time the other day when I saw a thread pop up about it, it was quietly ushered away by the mods in a peaceful manner.

Whatever, oh yeah, and what you said, **** Canada, most of us don't care.

Although, I'll tell you, WG do.

To be fair, the video should not have been included, it's the same reason why no WG product includes crew in battle(they will soon be in port),

to keep their precious ERSB(if I spelled it right) rating.

Also, what makes you think so called-Islam-aboos are common here? Although I will tell you, Arabs who hate the U.S. might be why USN lines are generally pretty bad, it might not be WG's idea.:trollface:

edit: I'm sorry if I offended you, but as it has been said: "If you try to please everyone you will please no one"

Edited by legoboy0401

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Wargaming mods are like saints compared to gaming/forums/companies. I've played with Pigeon_of_War a couple of times and he's a real cool guy to talk to.

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

Yeah. The one time I saw them actually do what they're supposed to BEFORE a riot started. And it's strictly AMERICAN business. Go figure...

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Wow you got banned from a community for being pro-anime? That's pretty crazy. That's like being banned for being pro-cake when ten people are pro-pie and loud about it. And thanks for that screenshot. I have no doubt now I've made the right call avoiding War Thunder. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

They can be inconsistent with their moderating, sometimes being a bit too overzealous, and sometimes not cracking down hard enough depending on how they interpret the issue at hand. But as a whole the WGNA mod and dev team are a decent bunch of people.

I recall that a few years ago, the mod staff of the SEA and EU forums were locking any topics to do with Kancolle. Meanwhile on NA the mods joined in on the topics. It's great to see a team who can go down to the shop floor to interact and chill with the commoners.

Beta Testers
16 posts
907 battles

Who are you?

Someone you blocked for not sharing your friends. Someone who enjoys anime yet still couldn't stand you. Enjoy being a stuck up.
Edited by woodmanvictory

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

They can be inconsistent with their moderating, sometimes being a bit too overzealous, and sometimes not cracking down hard enough depending on how they interpret the issue at hand. But as a whole the WGNA mod and dev team are a decent bunch of people.

I recall that a few years ago, the mod staff of the SEA and EU forums were locking any topics to do with Kancolle. Meanwhile on NA the mods joined in on the topics. It's great to see a team who can go down to the shop floor to interact and chill with the commoners.

Locking KanColle topics? There's probably a decent part of their player base that is interested in the game in part due to KanColle. Heck I always cared more about the WW2 air war in Europe until KanColle's many and varied references to historic events got me interested in the Pacific theater and warships. It's safe to say I wouldn't be a paying customer here if KanColle never caught my eye. 

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

Someone you blocked for not sharing your friends. Someone who enjoys anime yet still couldn't stand you. Enjoy being a stuck up.

You'll have to be more specific, since I clearly don't give a damn about the peasants I tread over on my path to the stars
  • Cool 1

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

You'll have to be more specific, since I clearly don't give a damn about the peasants I tread over on my path to the stars

Bye, have fun on the naughty list.

Translation: you are getting blocked.

Edited by legoboy0401

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

Bye, have fun on the naughty list.

Translation: you are getting blocked.

...okay?
  • Cool 2

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

...okay?

You don't say anything constructive, and you like insults.

Generally, that's the kind of person I block.

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

You don't say anything constructive, and you like insults.

Generally, that's the kind of person I block.

1. I say plenty of constructive things... LIKE THIS THREAD PRAISING THE MODERATION STAFF OF THIS SITE. (And several other suggestion threads)

2. Then why are you still here? Shouldn't you be blocking me then? It's no great loss to me if you do

• Cool 2

[JKSDF]
[JKSDF]
Members
1,603 posts
2,495 battles

Damn, that's pretty sad. I assumed they were fine with anime stuff seeing the large amount of GuP fans that swarmed it.The reason i quite WT was because of its physics and stuff, just with one simple shot being enough to cripple your entire tank or just simply bumping into something could take out your crew with small tanks.  But now i really see no reason to return to it.

But the Mods here do a pretty great job in my opinion.

[SPTR]
Members
28,224 posts
21,217 battles

*smile* /^_\\

Faith in the forum community further reinforced, have a +1 you good writer.