You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Crap_Shoot

Birthday acheivement global count bugged?

32 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
422 posts
6,659 battles

Supposedly if enough people get these achievements they turn gold and everyone gets an extra reward.  And every other server has between 50-75% of theirs go gold as of today.

And not a single one on our front page has.  Is the threshold bugged, or did WG simply give us an unrealistic goal?  We're halfway to the end and still sitting at 0% "complete".

Or are we not even being offered the gold bonus?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,175 posts
15,765 battles

Our notice on the news page has no mention of the achievements turning gold. It would be nice if we could get an official answer on this.

Members
5,450 posts
21,023 battles

No comment on the NA threshold for getting these achievements to turn gold.

But it was said in the recent AMA on Reddit by a WG person that we, NA server, are really close to seeing some of them turn gold. 

They would not say more than that. 

[NEXFL]
Members
125 posts
3,260 battles

There's been a lot of threads on this...unfortunately no official word on what's going on...I'm hoping they respond soon so we know what (if anything) they plan to do.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,286 posts
23,615 battles

Our notice on the news page has no mention of the achievements turning gold. It would be nice if we could get an official answer on this.

This ^^^ We do have confirmation from other sources but yeah why not include it in the actual article.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

What is even the reward(s) if we turn Gold?

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

No one knows. Other portals merely say "special prizes", which could be anything from flags to consumables to first-win events.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

No one knows. Other portals merely say "special prizes", which could be anything from flags to consumables to first-win events.

20k credits probably - I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

20k credits probably - I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

"[big] bonus prizes" was what was said on the RU portal, nobody will know until the 19th when the event ends and the prizes will be distributed.

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

What puzzles me is that our requirements are set higher than EU and RU which are the largest clusters, when we're the 2nd smallest cluster...

[REVY]
Members
9,646 posts
7,316 battles

I don't see anything mentioning a "special prize" for the NA news.

"

It's been almost a year of battles and when our first birthday comes, we'd like to give back!

Starts September 8
Ends September 19

You've seen Project R, several tech trees across four nations (most recently the addition of mighty German Battleships along with the iconic Bismarck) and we even partnered with ARPEGGIO Of Blue Steel -ARS NOVA-!

Now's your chance to earn a new type of achievement: event achievements. They're exactly what they sound like, and these specific achievements will only be available for the duration of our birthday celebrations. They're missions with a twist: while you'll be able to see the achievements, you won't be told explicitly how to unlock them -- think of them as covert achievements.

This event is all about teamwork, so make sure to keep an eye on the forums and social media to see if someone has found a solution for any and all of the achievements If you're lucky enough to earn one yourself, share your knowledge with your fellow Captains!"

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

I don't see anything mentioning a "special prize" for the NA news.

Nothing was officially announced. However, seeing as how there is no reason to lock us out of a birthday celebration event that is the same across all 4 servers (the secret achievements), lots of people assumed we were included. Then, in a Q&A livestreamed somewhere (Facebook I think?), one of the WG guys in the stream mentioned NA was close to turning an achievement gold, more or less confirming it.

Modder
1,359 posts

So far on EU, every achievement that has gone gold, the reward for getting the achievement was awarded again i.e. Big Roll going gold gave a second bunch of 1million credits

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

Lootboxes that require doubloons to open. :trollface:

[QC103]
Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,457 battles

If we turn them all gold, we get to pay higher prices for New Premium Ships that come out with Bundles and flags that we don't need, want or can use....:trollface:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
133 posts
3,012 battles

Pfff probable not even worth the effort. Would not worry about turning them Gold.

Believe me if it was worth anything WG would be plastering it all over,

Would not even be shocked if it may its way over to WOT page if it had any value to it. 

Nothing to see here people,

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,175 posts
15,765 battles

What puzzles me is that our requirements are set higher than EU and RU which are the largest clusters, when we're the 2nd smallest cluster...

I don't think they set ours higher than the EU but I think that with the pace that we slammed through Project R they made some adjustments. The EU server is all gold, the RU server is at 6/10, the Asia server is 8/10, and we are 0/10 I think they over did the adjustment by more than a little.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

The big question here is, why would they lock NA out of something they are doing on all the other servers? Obviously the code is already in place, so why would we be different? And why do our community Devs avoid these questions, while cherry picking other threads to respond to daily.

There are a couple serious questions out here that need answering, perhaps someone could step up WG?:sceptic:

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,375 posts
29,408 battles

I was looking forward to a tier 3 meh ship for free....

But, then again, this ain't tonks. 

Completing the challenges was fun though.

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

what i don't understand is how NA blowing their goals for project R out of the water has anything to do with the goals for this event. in project R, once the goal was hit, that was the end of the promotion. people don't suddenly stop being able to earn them when we hit this goal, so there is no reason to have set such an unrealistic expectation. they aren't helping anyone. just frustrating them.

promotion team. if you're listening. the idea of a promotion is to make players happy. not piss them off.

[THICC]
Beta Testers
1,250 posts
8,316 battles

Just Wargaming's standard 'Maybe if we ignore it, it will go away.' attitude.  They've done it in the past, most notably with the Murmansk humble bundle.  Unless there's a major outcry it will just get swept under the rug as planned.

• Cool 1

Members
2,207 posts
5,424 battles

Just Wargaming's standard 'Maybe if we ignore it, it will go away.' attitude.  They've done it in the past, most notably with the Murmansk humble bundle.  Unless there's a major outcry it will just get swept under the rug as planned.

people are being patient for now. for once. but once the end of the promotion hits, if we still don't have anything, believe you me; there will be an adjoined outcry the likes of which these forums have never seen. especially if the rewards turn out to be anything good.