You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JervisBay

Please, WG...fix the PvE countdown time.

14 comments in this topic

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

Please revert to the 90 seconds and allow time for humans to be assigned to battle.

I am fed up with having the countdown run for 10 seconds and then see the combatant list pop up with myself and one or two other humans and the rest bots.

I play this mode for fun but it is nothing more than crap when the bulk of your team go into immediate kamikaze mode and are wiped out within minutes of the game starting, with the voice of doom advising that "the enemy have taken the lead."

This is ridiculous....just go back to a 90-second count, which gives more chance (even in the early hours) for humans to be allocated rather than bloody bot team members.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
30,525 battles

I agree that the timer should be longer than 30 seconds, HOWEVER one of the most fun matches I had was early in morning I wanted to play with one of my carriers in coop. Got game then realize I was the ONLY human! I thought OMG this is gonna suck but went on to have a blast. Trying to keep bot players protected about made me tear my hair out. When the dust cleared the enemy had their carrier and a CA left against just me.... I left the safety of the back of the map and captured the other two points (friendly bots had gotten 1), sank the CA and went hunting the enemy CV. It was so much fun and I ended up with over 1000 experience base (not premium, no flags, etc) which is about 2 times what I normally get for coop CV play. I really had a blast playing that game, one of those that just makes you smile.

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

Well....I suppose I could always just hang back, let the bots commit hari-kari and then sortie out to see what I can accomplish.

I'll try that the next time that there's just a couple of us and 14 bots. :)

Note: I don't play CVs so it'll have to be a BB or CA.

Edited by JervisBay

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
30,525 battles

Sometimes that is best I suppose. BTW I totally agree the timer needs to be longer, just relaying an interesting game is all. I can see how in anything other than a CV it could be really annoying. Course I have seen human players in Coop do the suicide runs as well!!!! Anyways I am with ya Jervis, give us more time on the timer!

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,556 battles

If I remember correctly one of the moderators took note of the issue when the change was originally made,and passed the request to WG.No word that I have seen since then if anything is being done though.

I agree that the timer should be longer than 30 seconds, HOWEVER one of the most fun matches I had was early in morning I wanted to play with one of my carriers in coop. Got game then realize I was the ONLY human! I thought OMG this is gonna suck but went on to have a blast. Trying to keep bot players protected about made me tear my hair out. When the dust cleared the enemy had their carrier and a CA left against just me.... I left the safety of the back of the map and captured the other two points (friendly bots had gotten 1), sank the CA and went hunting the enemy CV. It was so much fun and I ended up with over 1000 experience base (not premium, no flags, etc) which is about 2 times what I normally get for coop CV play. I really had a blast playing that game, one of those that just makes you smile.

I've found that to,the bots just rush you,so you have to think fast before they overwhelm you.PvE is good for fast action packed games.

Members
3,929 posts
20,924 battles

Bots are added to the player's team only in case when there are not enough players to form the full 8-players team.

The only thing we have changed in 058 is the maximum waiting time for Coop battles - it was decreased from 90 seconds to 30 to improve the players experience(lower waiting time -> more battles -> more fun).

Not sure if the result is really this bad, by I'll look into this issue anyway.

, As President of  iBoT (International Brotherhood of Terribots),  I've convened a special meeting of our senior members along with a representative of the bots and we've decided that increasing the queue to 60 seconds is acceptable.

Sincerely,

yUP|Patriots

Presidente

The bot council has already convened and voted on this matter.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,145 battles

Honestly there wasn't a single reason to cut down the timer, at all, the only tiers that hurt a little by the wait was tier 8 and up, and really only the PVE mains will be seeing that bit of a problem constantly, I know I did but I had no issue iwth it, why should I expect many others to use tier 8+ even though I am. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
30,525 battles

The bot council has already convened and voted on this matter.

I am a bit worried by this turn of events...... Not sure why........ For God and Bacon we will go forth to engage Bots and destroy them!

Ok maybe more for bacon.....

Members
3,929 posts
20,924 battles

I am a bit worried by this turn of events...... Not sure why........ For God and Bacon we will go forth to engage Bots and destroy them!

Ok maybe more for bacon.....

You and me have to work on how we quote other people

Members
811 posts
4,250 battles

Considering there are a lot of people on both sides of the fence on this, I'd say an option should be available somehow to select if a player is ok with longer waits/more humans or shorter waits/more bots. I personally am not a fan of high concentrations of bot allies. At some point in late July or early August I began to constantly find myself as the lone survivor of my team against 6 or 7 enemy bots due to allied bots dropping like flies right at the start of the match. At the moment I'm only good enough to kill up to 5 ships in these cases, but constantly lost the battles by being sunk by the 6th and 7th ships, or just loosing on lack of caps, points, and/or time running out. That's just me, though, and by no means indicative of what many others experience. That said, an option should be offered so a player can determine whether they'd like to wait longer for more human teammates or faster battle load times with more bots for allies. Such a feature would please all players on both sides of the matter. Just a thought IMHO.

Members
3,929 posts
20,924 battles

Another suggestion would be that since some players are so bad at playing vs bots, let's ask the devs to make a new mode to train them to play pve.

Let's call it Pre-Pve.

v7x1LbT.jpg

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

Another suggestion would be that since some players are so bad at playing vs bots, let's ask the devs to make a new mode to train them to play pve.

Let's call it Pre-Pve.

Thank you for your standard input.