Boyarsky

Comments on Prinz Eugen from NA Publishing Team

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

145 posts in this topic

WG.  Any plans to re release Eugen for a time frame or event. I was away on military training and missed the release. Eagerly awaiting.

My point is even if the ship has Prinz Eugen skinned all over and it been modeled after Prinz at his core even if i repeat myself again it's just a slightly worse Hipper with nothing to make people buy it in masses as was with Atago or Kutuzov.

:honoring:

That was a big part of the problem that I saw with the Prinz Eugen offer.   A lot of people already own the Atago and Kutuzov.  So we already own an awesome Tier 8 premium cruiser.   To spend the same amount of money, but then get an inferior ship that offers less in terms of playability?    No way.

And even for all the folks that don't already own either of these ships, they were still available in the Premium store for pretty much the same or slightly lower price.  So why pick buying the Prinz Eugen over them??  Answer:  you wouldn't.  Anyone in their right mind would see that the Atago and Kutuzov offer more.

So there were 3 Tier 8 cruisers being offered in the NA premium shop at the same time.  And they were all thus competing against each other.

A premium ship needs to offer more than just earning you extra XP.   That is not reason enough to buy one.

I'm just a bit sad that the PE was only available for a limited time and I missed out on it. Why couldn't WG just put the PE in the premium shop permanently, like the Atago  and the Kutuzov ??

Have any of you ever heard the term 'cash flow'?  Its what keeps the company afloat and in business: developing the game, researching and adding new ships and maps etc. None of this is free. I bought the Prinz Eugen the first day to support the company because I am really enjoying the game and appreciate the effort being put into it. 

Yorcke

I can tell you right now Yorcke that you would be the rare exception to buy a ship just to make a charitable donation to support the company.  The same would go for anyone buying the ship just because of its historical name.

97% of players are not going to pay good money for a ship that they don't have any interest in playing.

I'm just a bit sad that the PE was only available for a limited time and I missed out on it. Why couldn't WG just put the PE in the premium shop permanently, like the Atago  and the Kutuzov ??

Well, that raises another even uglier issue for NA players.   The EU Premium shop has lots of premium ships available for sale in it, that are no longer available for sale here in NA.  

If you were instead playing in the EU, you could still buy the Prinz Eugen.  In fact, you could also still purchase the Scharnhorst, the Indianapolis, the Arizona, the Dunkerque, the Murmansk, and the Krasny Krym.   And they have also not announced that the Leningrad will be going away soon either.

Why Wargamming treats NA customers so differently is quite baffling.  I'm not sure why we deserve this kind of treatment.  They definitely need to hire someone new to be put in charges of marketing to North America.  Whoever is in charge currently does not seem to understand the market.  Americans are shoppers, and look for good values.  

For example, when I was shopping for a premium cruiser, I took close looks at the Atlanta, the Kutuzov, and the Atago.  After reviewing their stats, reading reviews, and watching many YouTube videos, I ended up buying the Atago, as I felt that it offers the best value.  The Atlanta should be sold at a much lower price, in my opinion, as she just does not offer as much as the other two ships do.

Edited by Lance53

I'd like to see future premium releases like the Bismark/Tirpitz:

Bismark - Better secondaries, AA. Hydroacoustic search, better dispersion.

Tirpitz - Torpedoes, better range, less AA and Secondary power. 

Minor differences that offer the premium sightly different play style to the line ships, but not radical enough that they are different. Some flavor differences.

I got the Prinz Eugen in a santa gift which cost $3. I feel ripped off. 

There is no way that one can get a T8 Premium from just a $3 Christmas gift.   One has to buy a $5 gift in order to have a shot at getting any Tier 8 Premium.

You are basically describing something that would never happen in reality.

Why is the PE more hated by the AI than DD's?  Every time I play it I stay about 1-2 ships deep (keep DD's and BB's in front of me, but as soon as the AI spots me they immediately unload on me.

There is no way that one can get a T8 Premium from just a $3 Christmas gift.   One has to buy a $5 gift in order to have a shot at getting any Tier 8 Premium.

Your statement is false.  I received the Kutuzov, Atago, and Prinz Eugen in $3 boxes.  The $5 give you a better chance to get better prizes, but are not exclusively for tier 8.

My Eugen is also from a $3 box, please check facts before posting.

The $5 box has a higher chance of spawning an Eugen as it's one of the three listed ships, however ALL boxes have a chance to spawn ANY of the ships in the list.

Would you guys say it's more likely I get it in the $3 or $5 crates? There's only two ships I haven't gotten now (Molotov and Eugen) and I've gotten virtually every ship from the $3 ones, not the $5 ones. I was thinking about buying the Molotov out of the Tech Tree or Premium Shop then buying a metric butt ton of $3 crates hoping to get the Eugen multiple times so I'd get the Doubloon value for it every time after I first receive it.

Edited by _Roller_

Greeting!

Hi WG, there is something that I want to point out, maybe you already know that, but I still want you guys, especially developers read this.

I believe the economic system of World of Warships is same with World of Tank, which I actually believe is the prototype of World of Warships.
​there are two important thing in WOT is Premium Account, and Premium Ship. ​I actually play WOT and I think I play it well, I can earn credit by tier 8 tank, and harder by tier 9 tank, and almost impossible by tier 10 tank. So, there is option, if I want to enjoy the tier 10 or tier 9 tank, I need one of the premium services, worth it. those are the motive power to purchase.
​However, there is several problem in WOWS now, you guys add Premium Camo​ and have several special activities so player can get Some better ship, and don't forget Flags. Only one of them can break the balance that WOT made, play high tier tank, pay for them or cost more time. this may benefit players, but in long range, it will damage the profitability of this game and nobody want to see that.

So, I guess, you guys make Premium Ship a little bit stronger then normal ship( I don't know, I just guess from the current situation, but it doesn't matter), and add more property to those ship, earn more XP, and captain XP. this sound good, because a good captain is important for play this game, really important.

The problem is most of player not need this property, many player will prepare their captain before they start a line, and the captain XP is not a rigid demand, not like credit in WOT. especially after you changed the economic system to solve the problem of players keep their HP. the demand of course decreased. And, i believe most of player will not use their XP from Premium, because it is expensive to exchange them to Free XP.

Let's back to Prinz Eugen, I have this ship, I bought it with other ship last Black Friday, i just love her name and i love German tech line. however, i felt bad about her, she is completely same with her sister, Hipper, and even worse. Consider what i said above, i don't need XP and commander XP, because i don't need them, i also have Premium Account, for play this game easier, and because i love this tech line i even bought Premium Camo for Hipper, even i know this ship is not strong (compare with same tier cruiser). so, what can i get from her? Nothing, except her name, Prinz Eugen, the cruiser suffer world war and even survive from nuclear bomb. Ask yourself are you really want to sell her name? sell her without any different of Hipper?
​There are tons of things you can change in the game. To be honest i feel really bad about the game system, but i cannot get any better idea, so let's assume this is the best way. Cruiser should have AA, Sonar,  Rader and repair party, actually most of ship should have both of them, because balance reason they didn't. look at Atago, tier 8 cruiser, Premium Ship, strong, just because she have repair team, and indeed different with her tier 8 sisters. You really should have this ship for qualifying game. not everyone should be OP, so we can accept new players and develop our community and enjoy it. Atago is just a little bit OP(actually i think it already OP enough, think that repair party will increase how much survivability of that ship), and actually it can be their unique part of a ship (Atago don't just have repair party, but have all most important things that IJN cruiser should have...). At same time, Prinz Eugen is a little bit weaker... and have a little higher price. Huh, interesting.

​thanks for read so much until here, i will explain my idea next.
​do not talk about history in future, because this is not historical, you guys even create some ship, cool but not fun.(such as where is AA on deck of tier 9 and 10 German BB, look at IJN and USN) i know it's the balance reason, but be care of ship ability, and sometimes nerf ship if necessary, because nobody want see those OP ship in game, even the owner. Maybe you can make all Premium Ship a little bit stronger than normal ship, by their history ability(i mean, all of ability are acceptable, they have it indeed and just you cut them off). and also notice the economic system, you need salary too, maybe change the price of ship, i guess.

​just like what i always did, prey developer can read my comments, consider this, i spent money on this game, and i don't want easily stop playing it.

PS: forgive my grammar...

Hope she makes a buyable return sometime soon. Tried my hand at the crates but only got the Texas repeatdly haha

The $5 box has a higher chance of spawning an Eugen as it's one of the three listed ships, however ALL boxes have a chance to spawn ANY of the ships in the list.

Are the boxes still able to be purchased? I don't see them listed on the site so I am wondering if this is something only shown in the game.

I really hope they bring back a lot of the premium ships I don't like that so few are listed when I have just started playing the game and have seen so many of them on youtube.

Are the boxes still able to be purchased? I don't see them listed on the site so I am wondering if this is something only shown in the game.

I really hope they bring back a lot of the premium ships I don't like that so few are listed when I have just started playing the game and have seen so many of them on youtube.

Looks like it's still there.  It was supposed to have ended by Sunday I thought, but

Go to the Premium shop and click on the top banner when the Santa thing appears.  IMPORTANT -- Make sure you are signed in first.

Except for a few ships that are very unlikely to be sold again (e.g.: Kamikaze, Gremyashchy) for the most part the premiums go on sale from time to time.  WG likes to keep a certain sense of rarity, partly to make money, and partly to avoid the game being overwhelmed with certain popular ships.  So if you're really set on a certain ship and it's not one of the ships that are broken enough that they won't be sold again you're likely to get a chance.  Just keep your eyes open for announcements on the main site. 

It would be unfair to offer a way for new players to skip the grind without paying a reasonable price for it.

funny, im often told by the community that ship stats dont matter and that if we suck that's entirely our fault, so why would making a ship accessible to players easily be bad? either they are good with it and get right to it, or they arent and feed the stats of other players.

partly to avoid the game being overwhelmed with certain popular ships.

yeah then why is Tirpitz still on sale?

I got the Prinz Eugen in a santa gift which cost $3. I feel ripped off.

Your statement is false.  I received the Kutuzov, Atago, and Prinz Eugen in $3 boxes.  The $5 give you a better chance to get better prizes, but are not exclusively for tier 8.

Also got my Eugen from a $3. box, along with Scharnhorst, Arizona, Anshan (twice), Sims, Texas, Blyskawica, Nickolai, Atago (twice), Indianapolis, Gremyashchy, Lo Yang, Murmansk (twice), they all came from $3. Santa boxes and I dont feel ripped off at all.

yeah then why is Tirpitz still on sale?

often wonder that myself, seems they would have stopped selling it a long time ago if it was the case of not wanting a ship that was sorta OP and not flooding the game with them.  Must be to much of a viable money maker for them to stop selling it.

You get a Tier 8 German cruiser without the grind and as they said, with Premium ship benefits. I don't want WoWS to be pay-to-win. Prinz Eugen has a little better win rate than Hipper, what more do you want? I would consider buying it at some point for the Premium Ships benefits even though I have Hipper. Yes, it's pricey, but Star Citizen ships sell for up to $300. I know people who play a lot and have never spent a dime on this game. Let the company make some bucks.

You get a Tier 8 German cruiser without the grind and as they said, with Premium ship benefits. I don't want WoWS to be pay-to-win. Prinz Eugen has a little better win rate than Hipper, what more do you want? I would consider buying it at some point for the Premium Ships benefits even though I have Hipper. Yes, it's pricey, but Star Citizen ships sell for up to $300. I know people who play a lot and have never spent a dime on this game. Let the company make some bucks.

The stats for Hipper and Prinz Eugen are virtually identical, as one would expect.   It is thus an exaggeration for anyone to claim that Eugen has any real advantage.

Face it:  The Eugen offers very little.   One can grind to the Hipper and then buy the premium camo package for it, for only $14.79, a small fraction of the cost of the Eugen.   And you will then get most of the benefits of having a premium ship.

But more than anything else, the Eugen is easily the worst value for your money in a Tier 8 Premium.   Both the Atago, and especially the Mikhail Kutuzov, are way outperforming it at Tier 8.  Why would anyone want to spend so much money for such an underperforming ship?

The Eugen has thus clearly been overpriced for what you get.  Server stats back up the fact that Atago and Kutuzov are superior ships.

If Wargamming wants to continue to sell the Eugen in the future, then they really should lower the price oft the ship.

DuMx5qt.jpg

I... wouldn't buy the PE again due to price and similarities with Hipper. But... for whatever reason, the Hipper is one of my favorite cruisers in the game (not due to win rate) and the PE offers the chance to play the ship and earn serious silver as well as train skippers quickly.  And the captain skill reshuffle really seems to favor this ship as well.

I have the Hipper and Prinz Eugan.  The Prinz Eugan was a favorite Revell model of mine when I was young, but it ended up in a dumpster in the early 1980s.

Before I got the PE, I was going to stop at the Hipper, but now that I have this tier 8 German cruiser, I can continue the grind up to the next level.

It's unfortunate the Prinz Eugan didn't get the fanfare and acceptance that other premiums get.  If there wasn't the controversial 'Marketing Experiment', I think folks would feel much better of it.  As it stands, it's pretty to look at and it fights well.  Most importantly, it will remain after I sell the Hipper - which doesn't have much fame, except for a British Destroyer ramming it.