Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Estimated_Prophet

Wouldn't touch Kongo with a 356mm gun...

7 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
19,134 posts
35,155 battles

Or so I used to think.

Partly this is a result of really learning how to use battleships in general, and partly that I tend to run Kongo through all my Kongo's to train her up, so I get a lot of practice with the ship.

Tier 5 fight on Archipelago, a map I'm not that familiar with yet.

Degenerated pretty quickly into a general brawl, with me shooting at things that would have had me cold, except all thier guns were pointing the other way at something else; carrier squadrons from both sides running around attacking everything in sight, (2 CVs each side,) and destroyers doing what destroyers gotta do.

Both sides' destroyers broke into both sides rear areas, causing the expected chaos. I slipped into the enemy area as well, just as a matter of not wanting to get swarmed by nearby enemy ships.

Eventually realized how close the enemy Bogue was and sank it with AP, then went after a Konig that I thought was still grounded, (maybe he went afk for a bit?) but who was now moving again. That developed into a stern chase and a game of Ring-around-the-Rosie around an island, with the two of us shooting each other to bits, until a friendly DD came in and finished the Konig off.

Low on hp, I pulled away to try to heal, sniping as I could against the remaining enemy ships.

Eventually I heard (in Japanese, since my Captain was Kongo,) 'You are the Team's last hope!'

Kudos and +1 karma to THEDESTROLLER and l_o_l_o_l if you're out there. Having weak hp and knowing what a Furutaka could do (I have one,) combined with you moving aggressively against me set up the win for your team. I may have finished you off THEDESTROLLER, but having to deal with you left l_o_l_o_l free to make the shots that finished me off.

(-)

I went into today's games wanting to use Kongo to get the 90k damage daily mission, as well as to get her next skill point.

Finished a fight using Kirishima/Kongo but only scored 22k in damage. Tried Haruna/Kongo next, (I always seem to do well in Haruna, no matter who I use as the captain,) and scored enough damage to complete the 90K mission in one shot (94k,) even if I hadn't already scored the previous 22k.

el4xK7.jpg
zTR7oa.jpg
tcciiV.jpg

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
410 posts
2,598 battles

Kongou > Haruharu > Kirishima > Hiei.

Edited by Kongou_of_Fog

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

Kongou > Haruharu > Kirishima > Hiei.

Hiei has a better voice than Kirishima, especially if you haven't fixed the erroneous Iona voice.

Sign in to follow this