You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FADM_Nimitz_

A message to the Community and WG

35 comments in this topic

[YMF]
Beta Testers
23 posts
2,053 battles

Lately I have been noticing a lot of hate, ranting, and arguments in the forums either towards other players or WG. Giving feedback is good as the devs can identity what the problem(s) is, however when the feedback is like "Fix it WG it is your job" or just plain ranting without even giving a solution that is when the problem rises. I understand at the heat of the moment/rage we just want to find a place to release all the hate, however yelling and just ranting in a Feedback forum doesn't help. If you just say "fix it" that will get nothing done cause you didn't provide actual feedback and fixing what..

Warships are massive vessels that are very similar to their predecessor or successor classes you have to understand that historical ships are not always balanced so they need to change things and these changes are very difficult to just balance a few ships. Can you imagine all the time need to balance everything there is no magical slider which they can just slide back and forth to adjust, changes take time. Also this is the first time a naval warfare game of this scale has been done in this 3rd person arcade shooter so there is bound to be mistakes everyone is learning from this experience it took WOT 3-4 years just to be a good solid game and yet even now at 5-6 years they are still improving.

I don't like it when people blame WG for everything but I dont support WG in full either, they did do some questionable things throughout their lifetime. I wouldnt say its all WGs fault and they do whatever they want or they just care about money. But you have to remember they put a lot of hours researching, tarvaling and modeling these ships so I would say at least they earned some of the money. Sometime it's just that us players are a little too greedy and don't actually know the amount of resources it takes to fix and support a game. 

I would suggest the best way to give feedback to WG is for us as a unified community clearly identify the problem, theorize/find solution(s) to the problems and then pitch it to WG for review and consideration. You have to realize that saying "WG fix this becasue this is what your paid for" doesn't help both sides, they as a dev have a lot to do it is also our job as a community to give QUALITY feedback so they can quickly identify the problem and work on fixes. It takes the view point of both sides to make a good product, sometimes you just can't get accurate feedback in a testing facility you need real experience to get accurate feedback. There are somethings that WG as a company you just can't think up in an office as we players combined will have more play hours invested and have a much better view, also to players we need to give good Quality feedback to WG as they are the only ones which can make these changes.

To finish off I would suggest next time when ranting or blaming WG think of the work they have already done to bring this game to us, be in their shoes and think in the perspective of the devs. Imagine if you worked so hard to make something and someone craps on it think of how you would feel. I don't know if this post will even change anything, reduce the amount of hate on the forums but at least I tired to identify the problem and suggest a solution. I love this game I am pretty sure you guys do to lets work together as one single community and pitch quality feedback to WG so they can fix the current game issues.

• Cool 2

[ARMDA]
[ARMDA]
Members
410 posts
2,598 battles

I would suggest the best way to give feedback to WG is for us as a unified community clearly identify the problem, theorize/find solution(s) to the problems and then pitch it to WG for review and consideration........

Yes

[REVY]
Members
9,646 posts
7,316 battles

I blame Canadian

When is WGing going to fix Canada??  HURRY UP ALREADY!
  • Cool 1

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

whats wrong with canada?

It's full of Canadians.

LOL JK couldn't resist.

No my response was aimed at a particular player named Thecanadian

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,175 posts
15,765 battles

I blame Canadian

When is WGing going to fix Canada??  HURRY UP ALREADY!

TheCanadian cannot be fixed but I so wish there was a replay of his little oops.

Members
3,880 posts
16,739 battles

It's full of Canadians.

LOL JK couldn't resist.

No my response was aimed at a particular player named canadian

oh...who is he? im sorry if im being annoying. im kinda..."new" to the forums

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

My country is fine. It's all the fumes from our southern neighbor the problem... :sceptic:

If it wasn't for us you wouldn't have half your money and ya know it. :B

[DAMP]
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

oh...who is he? im sorry if im being annoying. im kinda..."new" to the forums

Fellow super tester made famous by torping himself in his CV in a very public way.

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Fellow super tester made famous by torping himself in his CV in a very public way.

And how he remained one, I'll never know.

Beta Testers
801 posts
4,296 battles

If it wasn't for us you wouldn't have half your money and ya know it. :B

Hey, don't make us come down to burn your WH again!! :trollface:

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

That was the BRITISH, not the Canadians. Almost came part of the USA, not once but twice.

[REVY]
Members
9,646 posts
7,316 battles

I don't get why Canadians keep claiming credit for that, were the British forces made up of Canadians or something?

[DAMP]
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

That was the BRITISH, not the Canadians. Almost came part of the USA, not once but twice.

Maple syrup+Gas=Canadian napalm
  • Cool 1

30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Lasted longer than you did. no? :trollface:

I had to leave because of personal reasons, not because I purposely nuked myself

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,528 battles

fine sentiments expressed by the OP sorry it has been overshadowed by 2 pages of Canadian banter.