You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hunter_Steel

How I loathe thee...

30 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

Kaiser. Just like I hate Wyoming, and just how I hate Myogi. I absolutely hate this ship. Her guns... ugh... their spread is terrible, the secondaries are nothing to write home about, and the turret arrangement is just...

Everything I hate about this ship, before I even played her, has now come to life.  Sure, her guns hit hard, if they hit at all. Can she tank damage? Not with that terrible gun arc. At least Wyoming can get 10 guns on a target without having to expose too much broadside.

I really just can't describe how much I hate her. But I need Bayern, so I must trundle on.

~Hunter

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
4,573 battles

Kaiser. Just like I hate Wyoming, and just how I hate Myogi. I absolutely hate this ship. Her guns... ugh... their spread is terrible, the secondaries are nothing to write home about, and the turret arrangement is just...

Everything I hate about this ship, before I even played her, has now come to life.  Sure, her guns hit hard, if they hit at all. Can she tank damage? Not with that terrible gun arc. At least Wyoming can get 10 guns on a target without having to expose too much broadside.

I really just can't describe how much I hate her. But I need Bayern, so I must trundle on.

~Hunter

i love my bayern myb keep her for ranked and save for bisquit to 8 

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

~Hunter

You'll really appreciate the Bayern. One of my most favorite ships.

Beta Testers
309 posts
14,124 battles

The Konig is wonderful though, worth the grind. The Bayern on the other hand was kind of meh, for me at least.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,602 battles

The Kaiser isn't all that bad.  A 23 kt speed at tier 4 for a BB isn't bad.  Its armor is excellent.  And like German BB guns from tiers 3-5, its guns are a bit on the weak side, but good enough.  And certainly good enough to smash cruisers.  Is the turret layout weak?  Yeah, sure.  The Turret layout on the tier 5 Konig is more efficient.

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

T4 ships as a collective- SAVE KUMA- are god awful... or at least were back when they could still see TV battles (idk if it's still possible. I haven't seen a TIV in a TV battle in what feels like a month). Kaiser's turret arrangement gives an effectiveness bias to keeping people on your starboard side and making left turns, so depending which side of the map you're on you're at a natural disadvantage from the get go. Not to mention its unholy inaccuracy...

Edited by Stratego89

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,635 battles

T4 ships as a collective- SAVE KUMA- are god awful... or at least were back when they could still see TV battles (idk if it's still possible. I haven't seen a TIV in a TV battle in what feels like a month). Kaiser's turret arrangement gives an effectiveness bias to keeping people on your starboard side and making left turns, so depending which side of the map you're on you're at a natural disadvantage from the get go. Not to mention its unholy inaccuracy...

Save ISOKAZE!

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,602 battles

Strat, I felt that the Kaiser was pretty decent.  I had no complaints about it, other than its inefficient turret layout, and that's hardly WG's fault.  And I really like the Yubari at tier 4 (though yes, it is a premium ship).  But yeah, tier 4 isn't exactly a great tier, though there are some ships that are pretty decent.

EDIT:  Oh, and yes, the Isokaze.  Actually, all of the tier 4 DD's are pretty good.

Edited by Crucis

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

I also despised the Kaiser, but I really like the Konig. The only down side is that I have a really hard time scoring citadel hits with it, but her 10x12" guns reload rapidly so I can make up for it with many, many 33% penetration salvoes. I may not hit citadels, but 10,000+ salvos are common place in her and she's tough as an old boot.

Members
274 posts
1,495 battles

I love my Kaiser...it's definitely a close-range brawler, the secondaries are murderous and it eats up St. Louis and Kuma citadels like nobody's business...case in point:

I have the replay from this game that I'm trying to turn into a video but it's a hell of a lot of work, definitely going to post it here when I'm done:

O71Xdol.jpg

Edited by RagingTanker090_NA

Members
726 posts
1,805 battles

T4 ships as a collective- SAVE KUMA- are god awful...

*cough*Clemsonsayshello*cough*

RM9r9TY.jpg

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

*cough*Clemsonsayshello*cough*

RM9r9TY.jpg

OP USN DDs are always an exception. I wouldn't know exactly how it performs though since It's literally the ONLY (non CV) T4 I have not touched- wait, scratch that. I haven't touched the russian DDs. So one of two.

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

As someone who is going to keep the Kaiser because...  Well..  My name...  I'd offer an initial impression video I did and then a re-evaluation video I did on the ship.  I'd link them, but I don't want to flood threads with links to my own youtube channel in case it's in poor taste so instead I'll offer the following advice:

Stop aiming at the waterline.  Seriously.  It was an effort in madness trying to get citadels with this ship.  Heck trying to hit anything in it was like throwing a beach ball 500 yards during a Hurricane.  Aim higher, give up on the citadel method of play and aim at the upper belt line of enemy battleships and go for quantity of 33% pen hits instead of quality.  This is the only way the ship has been tolerable for me and has slowly been growing on me actually. 

Members
168 posts

My biggest gripe with all the German BBs is that they strongly discourage team play and necessitate sniping from distance.  Built, apparently, from materials soaked in gasoline they can be burned to the nub in no time by CAs or DDs of any tier so the only way to really play them is to stay as far back from the action and fire from the longest ranges possible at other BBs when they present themselves.

Edited by UncleDirtNap

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

My biggest gripe with all the German BBs is that they strongly discourage team play and necessitate sniping from distance.  Built, apparently, from materials soaked in gasoline they can be burned to the nub in no time by CAs or DDs of any tier so the only way to really play them is to stay as far back from the action and fire from the longest ranges possible at other BBs when they present themselves.

Are we playing the same ships? The German BBs are brawlers, not snipers. That's Japan's thing.

The Germans are all about "IN YO FACE!!" while the Americans are "I'll support you from 2km away" While Japan is "I'm gonna sit WAY back here and provide fire support."

~Hunter

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

I loved the Kaiser at Tier 4. I wrecked with it. my KDR was something like 6:1 by the time I moved to the König.

EDIT:  Sorry, my KDR was 8:1.  Wow.

Edited by JochenHeiden

Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles

I enjoyed the Kaiser. I found the secondaries to be useful. The guns were alright for the tier, I felt, as well. It was a pretty fast grind. I even kept it for a while. I might re-buy it if I need a tier 4 in the future.