You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Airjellyfish

What if you are broke?

43 comments in this topic

[VOP]
Members
1,156 posts

This is just a hypothetical game mechanic question.  I do not want any answers of coop vs pvp income, premium vs not premium income, or buying credits at the shop.  This is just for curiosity.

What happens to your ship after a battle if it is damaged or sinks and you have no credits to fix it?  Does the ship get locked out until there are credits to fix it?  If the ship is damaged but not sunk, can you play it in its damaged state?  (It may be frustrating if you had only a few hundred hit points left, lol)

• Cool 1

[GAMMA]
Members
909 posts
18,341 battles

This is just a hypothetical game mechanic question.  I do not want any answers of coop vs pvp income, premium vs not premium income, or buying credits at the shop.  This is just for curiosity.

What happens to your ship after a battle if it is damaged or sinks and you have no credits to fix it?  Does the ship get locked out until there are credits to fix it?  If the ship is damaged but not sunk, can you play it in its damaged state?  (It may be frustrating if you had only a few hundred hit points left, lol)

I've never had that happen so I can't say for sure. However the last time that someone asked this question, the consensus answer was that you're unable to play that ship again until you can pay to have its current damage repaired.

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,307 posts
9,146 battles

lets say you have 50k your ships costs 300k and you earned 200k

you would then have 250k credits but you would need to repair your ship still so it would be unplayable until you repair it (get more credits)

edit grammar

Edited by Zhoyzu

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

It gets locked out till you can repair it. If you're a F2P player, always keep atleast 1 tier 5 ship you do well in and grind credits.
  • Cool 3

Members
1,228 posts
6,330 battles

if you cannot afford it, the game leaves the ship in disrepair, you can't use it, and it turns off your automatic resupplies. I had it happen to my benson.

Does it sit in port with the battle damage?

[KVLT]
[KVLT]
Members
2,307 posts
9,146 battles

Does it sit in port with the battle damage?

no its like normal you just cant select the ship for battle

(stock taiho grind was rough on me)

Edited by Zhoyzu

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

no its like normal you just cant select the ship for battle

(stock taiho grind was rough on me)

Too bad...floating wreck would be totally cool...:trollface:

[RTR]
Beta Testers
306 posts
2,168 battles

I don't understand. 

What is this "broke"?

Doesn't the government take care of those people? 

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,522 battles

i went broke once, after purchasing a Tashkent and a NC on the same day with all the modules. Played one match, got my butt kicked and found myself with insufficient funds to repair. I spent the next couple days playing tier 1 (no repair costs)

Members
1,228 posts
6,330 battles

Says the man with a naval commander avatar rife with controversies during his career. Spare me

Good thing the avatar has nothing to do with discussing politics in this forum.

Members
1,228 posts
6,330 battles

Content Deleted by Volier_Zcit

it was just supposed to be a friendly reminder, if that gets your dander up thanidk what to tell you man.
Edited by Volier_Zcit

[GAMMA]
Members
909 posts
18,341 battles

It would be better if it was in dry dock with a bunch of pissed off yard workers picketing out front.

I like this idea... You should mention it to Pigeon of War on his suggestions thread.

i went broke once, after purchasing a Tashkent and a NC on the same day with all the modules. Played one match, got my butt kicked and found myself with insufficient funds to repair. I spent the next couple days playing tier 1 (no repair costs)

No one believes me when I say this but tier 1 really is (or maybe was is a more accurate term) a nice tier for earning credits. The rewards weren't bad, especially if you did well and like you said, no repair costs. Oh well... Those days seem to be gone.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

you do not get to play your ship until you earn enough money to fully repair it. so you will need to play another ship to earn your credits

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

I've never had that happen so I can't say for sure. However the last time that someone asked this question, the consensus answer was that you're unable to play that ship again until you can pay to have its current damage repaired.

That's it right there. Had it happen to me when I just had to have the Bismarck. Sold the farm to get it. Took it out and promptly get shellacked by everyone. Repair bill looked like my wife's credit card bill after Christmas. Took two more rounds to pay for the repair bill!
  • Cool 2

[GAMMA]
Members
909 posts
18,341 battles

That's it right there. Had it happen to me when I just had to have the Bismarck. Sold the farm to get it. Took it out and promptly get shellacked by everyone. Repair bill looked like my wife's credit card bill after Christmas. Took two more rounds to pay for the repair bill!

The part about the credit card bill made me laugh. You deserve an an up-vote for that.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,549 posts
20,964 battles

It would be better if it was in dry dock with a bunch of pissed off yard workers picketing out front.

That's the way it happens in WoT. Guessing there is a little more going on in the port over the garage and why it doesn't happen here.

[RTR]
Beta Testers
306 posts
2,168 battles

Not everyone lives in Welfare for everyone libtarded America

Pretty sure American social welfare pales in comparison to most of Europe and several other countries in the world, but that's beside the point. 

Get a job. If you run out if credits, you can use real money to supplement. 

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Get a job. If you run out if credits, you can use real money to supplement. 

Conversion of silver from real life money is beyond horrid in game. No. 

Members
2,046 posts
2,264 battles

So people here are confirming it locks you out of your ship until you get more credits to repair it.

I finally now understand why the 4 starter ships cost 0 credits. That way even in the impossibly unlikely scenario you screw up bad enough to have 0 ships to sell for credits and put yourself into a perma-damaged state with all 4 starter ships, you can simply sell one and replace it new for 0. Hard to believe WG considered a situation with such impossibly low odds of occurring...

[RTR]
Beta Testers
306 posts
2,168 battles

Conversion of silver from real life money is beyond horrid in game. No. 

Some people are just cheap. It's nice to be good enough with money so as not to be intimidated by cost. 

Considering a single ship can run upwards of $50, there should be little reservation to spend on silver.

If you manage to run a deficit through normal play, you have bigger problems.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

Honestly if you go broke in credits in this game,that's just bad planning on your part. Plain and simple.

[MAUS]
Members
13,686 posts

So long as you have a tier 1 ship (which are free, btw), you can make credits.  They cost nothing to run and repair.  Everything you earn in them is pure profit.

• Cool 1