You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_LreZfNvihoej

Pick your T8 for Ranked Season 5

Select one of each ship category  

209 members have voted

1. 1. BB T8

• Tirpitz
    • Bismark
    • North Carolina
    • Amagi
  2. 2. CA T8

• Michail Kutuzov
    • Atago
    • Chapaev
    • Mogami
    • Admiral Hipper
    • New Orleans
    • Prince Eugen
  3. 3. DD T8

• Benson
    • Lo Yang
    • Fubuki
    • Tashkent
  4. 4. CV T8

• Shokaku
    • Lexington
  5. 5. BB T6

• Bayern
    • New Mexico
    • Arizona
    • Fuso
    • Warspite
    • Dunkerque
  6. 6. CA T6

• Budyonny
    • Cleveland
    • Aoba
    • Molotov
    • Nurnberg
  7. 7. DD T6

• Farragut
    • Mutsuki
    • Anshan
    • Ognevoi
  8. 8. CV T6

• Ruijo
    • Independence

43 comments in this topic

Members
652 posts

Discussions on next ranked season ship picks are heating up and I thought it will be interesting to see what will be popular choice according to statistics. Personally I will try everything (I have them all except Kutuzov), but ultimately will focus on successful ones or those who fits better in current queue situation. Not sure how world Bismarks/Bensons can be overmatched.

Please contribute your choice and thoughts

...adding T6 poll because it's interesting too

Edit: added Warspite, Nurnberg, Ognevoi, Dunkerque, New Orleans - dangit

Edited by anonym_LreZfNvihoej
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

You forgot the Warspite in your list of tier 6 BBs. It's what I'll be using.

• Cool 1

[GLHF]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,562 battles

T8:

I dont know if i will go with my derpitz or my bismark, the secondaries from bismark are awesome to melt dds but depitz move best and have torps. 

Ca, kutuzov are the best. 

I dont play with this despresive class of dds.

CV i dont think work well in ranked T8 (dont work last time), but i pick Shokaku because lex sucks. 

T6:

New Mexico

Budyonny

dont play with dds. 

Both t6 cvs suck.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,090 battles

T6 I'll roll the following:

Bayern, Dunkerque, Anshan, Cleveland.

T8:

Tirpitz, Atago, Mogami.

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

I wish we could only answer questions we want to, because I'm not really qualified to answer CV questions and dont have a preference in a couple other categories. 

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Benson.

[GLHF]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,562 battles

Dunkerque

forgot about Dunkerque, looks the best T6 bb for me in ranked, a extreme frontier battle game. 

[HFXSD]
Beta Testers
753 posts
8,107 battles

I cannot complete the Poll as I wont be playing tier 6. To answer the Q: Tirpitz and Benson. Maaaybe Atago. 

**Re-training my Commander for the Benny on my Flint atm. Definitely will be good to go by Oct.

Edited by Morpheus29

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

With the birthday gift commander XP flags, anyone can get a 15 pt captain on Bismarck, which means Bismarcks with manual secondaries are going to wreck a lot of faces. 

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,320 battles

T8 CA's - you forgot Prince Oinken'

T8 DD's - you might (depending on when they are released) want to put Fubuki at tier 6 and add the 2 new IJN tier 8 DD's, Kagero and Akizuki

T6 DD's - again (depending on when they are released) might want to replace Mutsuki with Fubuki and Hatsuharu

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

I'll probably be taking out either New Orleans or Mogami, I've developed an aggressive DD-hunting playstyle for both.  As for battleships, there's always the old standby of the Amagi, and I'm a decent ways off from finishing my North Carolina grind, but I haven't played much of either and the abundance of Bismarcks is going to be something to adjust to.  I also finally finished working off my Shokaku stock grind, though I doubt I'll use her much.

Fubuki might be something to try once she becomes the T6, I've always liked running gunboat on my IJN DDs.  Otherwise it's old standbys again with New Mexico and Cleveland, I'm almost done with the Budyonny.  Might get around to trying Bayern for T6, but I doubt I'll have the motivation to.

Edited by TenguBlade

Members
652 posts

Fixed: apparently I've missed whole bunch of ships, maybe still some. On IJN DD change before ranked - I think that would be real curve-ball from WG to drop on us, but as there's no definitive knowledge about them, I don't think including new lineup in poll make any sense.

Edit: added Warspite, Nurnberg, Ognevoi, Dunkerque, New Orleans, Prince Eugen.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

kiev > tash and ill probably take it

The upcoming season will not allow you to take a ship from a tier lower than what is described (so no T7 in T8 matches or T5 in T6 matches). Otherwise, I would have brought Flint.

[VHL]
Members
215 posts
3,211 battles

I own all tier 6 cruisers and dds so ill probs play a mixture except for the nurnberg. that ship is just too weak. For tier 8 only have kutuzov and atago

[SYN]
Members
5,949 posts
13,825 battles

T6 - My Farragut, Budyonny, and Aoba are all ready, each elited with high-point captains (Farragut has a 17-pointer).

T8 - I'm hosed.  Only close to unlocking the Mogami - a ship I never planned to buy in the first place since I decided not to go past the Myoko.  I'm way off from the Chapayev, while I sucked so horribly in the Shchors that I decided to sell it.  Have the fabulous Fletcher, so I'm not buying back and re-equipping/retraining the Benson.  Bought the Iowa already and don't want to spend the bread to buy, equip, and retrain for the Nor Carolina again, either.  Really don't like playing high-tier battleships anyway.  Not close enough to Tier 8 in any other line.

Welp...

30,523 posts
6,090 battles

T8 CA's - you forgot Prince Oinken'

T8 DD's - you might (depending on when they are released) want to put Fubuki at tier 6 and add the 2 new IJN tier 8 DD's, Kagero and Akizuki

T6 DD's - again (depending on when they are released) might want to replace Mutsuki with Fubuki and Hatsuharu

I doubt the new IJN DDs will be out before the next ranked season.