You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zhadum101

More DD nerfs incoming... Might as well call it World of Battleships

23 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
471 posts
5,902 battles

The USN line, just took another nerf as radar which affects USN the most just got its cool down reduced.

The RU line is about to take another nerf as the Kharb will take a rof and a HUGE range nerf.   Nearly 2.2 km removed from gun range.....  http://wows.ga/?p=723&lang=en&bsh_bid=1510763532

The IJN line with the new ships is getting Torp ranges just gutted T4-T9 and probably T10 as well.

What the hell Wargames?

The biggest player bases plays BB

1.  BB Alpha is way to strong against CA T5 and up, so CA players stop playing competitively and in randoms just hide behind islands all day.

2.  As the CA pop and effectiveness drops, DD and Airplane start doing better.

3.  BB complain about Airplanes and the Planes get damage QUARTERED.

4.  BB complain more about airplanes AA gets universally buffed.

5.  With fewer CV in the game DD start running rampant, less CA to hunt them and no planes to spot them or their torps.

6.  BB players complaint now the DD are getting a constant string of unending nerfs.

**We might as well call the game WORLD OF BATTLESHIPS

When has the CA been buffed to handle BB Alpha better???  Oh that's right NEVER....  Which is why I will not play CA/CL, and I play DD now it seems I should just switch to BB as BB will be the only competitive class in the game.

Why did no one play CA/CL during last ranked season at rank 9 or above?

*Because of BB Alpha.....

As a result of BB Alpha the games sucked with 5 DD 2 BB on nearly every match.....    

*****It is pointless to say anything as this is just WORLD OF BATTLESHIPS

Beta Testers
1,466 posts
7,025 battles

The RU line is about to take another nerf as the Kharb will take a rof and a HUGE range nerf.   Nearly 2.2 km removed from gun range.....  http://wows.ga/?p=723&lang=en&bsh_bid=1510763532

stopped reading complaints from the point where someone disagrees the khabarovsk is overpowered

• Cool 2

[-K-]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
628 posts
14,529 battles

The DD in question needed to be re-balanced because of how effective it is in its current state.

You do realize that the bow armors are nerfed to the listed tier 8 to 10 battleships. Everything else is still under speculation.

Beta Testers
1,466 posts
7,025 battles

The USN line, just took another nerf as radar which affects USN the most just got its cool down reduced.

The IJN line with the new ships is getting Torp ranges just gutted T4-T9 and probably T10 as well.

What the hell Wargames?

The biggest player bases plays BB

1.  BB Alpha is way to strong against CA T5 and up, so CA players stop playing competitively and in randoms just hide behind islands all day.

2.  As the CA pop and effectiveness drops, DD and Airplane start doing better.

3.  BB complain about Airplanes and the Planes get damage QUARTERED.

4.  BB complain more about airplanes AA gets universally buffed.

5.  With fewer CV in the game DD start running rampant, less CA to hunt them and no planes to spot them or their torps.

6.  BB players complaint now the DD are getting a constant string of unending nerfs.

**We might as well call the game WORLD OF BATTLESHIPS

When has the CA been buffed to handle BB Alpha better???  Oh that's right NEVER....  Which is why I will not play CA/CL, and I play DD now it seems I should just switch to BB as BB will be the only competitive class in the game.

Why did no one play CA/CL during last ranked season at rank 9 or above?

*Because of BB Alpha.....

As a result of BB Alpha the games sucked with 5 DD 2 BB on nearly every match.....    

on a more elaborate answer:

1. you probably never heard of "maneuvering" and "not sailing in straight lines"
  2. dd start doing better? with bb players that actually know that the WASD hack exists?
  3. since when they nerfed attack planes? iirc, they actually buffed the usn bombers
  4. i, as a cv player i just became in the past month, can say the aa is rather balanced (havent made it to tier 9 tho). exp is the main issue now with cvs
  5. less CA? even with no one to kill them, how about maneuvering in order to not be hit by torps you cant see but can see their smoke or SA?
  6. russian dds are getting nerfed because theyre op. thats it

Beta Testers
2,094 posts
2,152 battles

Yeah, that couple inches of armor the Cruiser has should TOTALLY be more effective against the 16" of explosives and steel hurtling at it at supersonic speeds.

lmbo

OP is nothing but a troll.  Nothing to see here folks.

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

The RU line is about to take another nerf as the Kharb will take a rof and a HUGE range nerf.   Nearly 2.2 km removed from gun range

Good. Khab is OP as balls. Udaloi probably needed some nerfs too, though I'm sad that I won't experience her in all her glory (still on Trashkent).

You do realize that BBs are getting nerfed in this patch too? No more bow tanking.

Beta Testers
471 posts
5,902 battles

The DD in question needed to be re-balanced because of how effective it is in its current state.

You do realize that the bow armors are nerfed to the listed tier 8 to 10 battleships. Everything else is still under speculation.

A change to BB armor that affect mainly BB on BB combat has nothing to do with BB Alpha

***This has nothing to do the the BB killing the in one or two volleys with the insane BB Alpha that I have been speaking of with regard to BB shooting a CA.

[-K--]
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

A change to BB armor that affect mainly BB on BB combat

Exactly. BBs can't just park anymore, ignore the enemy BBs and just wreck cruisers at their leisure. That's a BB nerf.

Members
2,072 posts
2,712 battles

Nerfs to the Khabarovsk and Udaloi?

Who are these people, and what have they done to the developers?

But, honestly, I think these seem like good changes. Especially that BB one. Should bring a bit more parity to the high-tier BBs, hopefully discourage that ridiculous "stand still" behavior (hopefully making the lines of battle more mobile), and make it so BBs are going to have to engage each other a bit more.

Edited by Rion12

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Actually the only IJN ship that is getting a range nerf is the Mutsuki...all other ships will maintain their current 7km or 10km as either stock or upgrade options.  I'm assuming you are a DD player (hence your interest in starting this complaint thread....or you are just a jack-a-hole troll) so I would think that you might be interested in doing some basic research before you get your panties in a bunch...

[REVY]
Members
9,646 posts
7,316 battles

But, honestly, I think these seem like good changes. Especially that BB one. Should bring a bit more parity to the high-tier BBs, hopefully discourage that ridiculous "stand still" behavior (hopefully making the lines of battle more mobile), and make it so BBs are going to have to engage each other a bit more.

Given the issue is repair costs, more likely you'll have 2-3 Yamatos huddled behind and island, sniping at anyone in their narrow line of sight since they can't go bow on anymore.

Members
1,651 posts
20,684 battles

Just as many BB's die to torps and Fire as cruisers do to devastating strikes.  There maybe a lot of BB's now more than ever but most of them are cruiser captains that try to play BB's and think they still are going 30 knots and have better than average rudder shift time.  I can citadel those guys just as good as if they were in a cruiser :) 

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

ooooh, these are good nerfs.

Although, I think Iowa stands to be the worst off on the 32mm -> 28mm bow armor nerf, since its citadel sits so high out of the water.

and then 28mm of bow armor will still bounce 381mm shells, which puts Bismarck and Tirpitz in slightly worse spots.

Khab losing 1.8km of range? thank god. It's OP as [edited]with the range it gets after AFT.

Edited by MrDeaf

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

Just as many BB's die to torps and Fire as cruisers do to devastating strikes.  There maybe a lot of BB's now more than ever but most of them are cruiser captains that try to play BB's and think they still are going 30 knots and have better than average rudder shift time.  I can citadel those guys just as good as if they were in a cruiser :) 

but but but,  I can do that in my gneisenau  :P

[-K--]
8,171 posts
10,840 battles

Although, I think Iowa stands to be the worst off on the 32mm -> 28mm bow armor nerf, since its citadel sits so high out of the water.

and then 28mm of bow armor will still bounce 381mm shells, which puts Bismarck and Tirpitz in slightly worse spots.

If Bismarck and Tirpitz also get 28mm bow armor, that's a HUGE nerf for them.

PS Meanwhile, Imperator Nikolai I is still sitting pretty with its 100mm bow. Czarinium armor is best armor!

iHQXMa.jpg

Beta Testers
1,466 posts
7,025 battles

ooooh, these are great nerfs.

Khab losing 2.2km of range? thank god. It's OP as [edited] with the range it gets after AFT.

FTFY

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

FTFY

13km - 11.2km = 1.8km