Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pewpewpew42

Wiki

4 comments in this topic

[TSF_1]
Members
3,301 posts
7,816 battles

I'd really like to know what consumables the Danae will have, but the wiki lacks any such information outside the page on consumables. Could someone add this on the pages of the ships themselves?

[EPOXY]
Wiki Editor, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,899 posts
13,522 battles

That info is still technically under NDA on my ST role, no clue why the russians go and put the pages up already.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,676 battles

No one knows at this point anyway, everything is still subject to change, so whatever you see, take it with a Mack truck-sized grain of salt.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,371 battles

That info is still technically under NDA on my ST role, no clue why the russians go and put the pages up already.

Oh, I already wrote a Minotaur review before the page was deleted...

The Minotaur is the crown of the British Light Cruisers, for good reasons.  Its highlight are the 5 Twin-Barreled Auto-Loading 152mm guns that fire at the rate of destroyers, not to mention also adding to the AA defense.  Another strength is its massive torpedo armament that can be used effectively due to its good firing arc and long range.  Finally, it has an unmatched concealment rating for a Tier 10 ship, being equivalent to Tier 4 cruisers.  However, all this comes at a huge price of armor protection, which is virtually nonexistent and the ship will take a lot of damage from HE and AP alike.  In addition, the shell velocity is rather slow, making targeting beyond 12 km difficult for fast-moving ships.  Overall, she is a very good support vessel, but cannot take hits and loses against other cruisers of the same tier.

Pros:
* 5 Rapid-Fire 152mm guns putting out massive DPM
* Like all British Cruisers, she can equip smoke to set up an "emplacement" for her to shoot without efficient retaliation.
* Another option is equipping radar to root out destroyers behind islands or in smoke.
* Powerful torpedo armament with long range and excellent firing arcs.
* Vicious anti-aircraft defense
* Very good concealment, 9.1 km when built fully for concealment.  It can torpedo beyond detection range with this build!

Cons:

* Shell velocity is slow, making her unable to hit targets at long range effectively.
* Armor is subpar, you will take a lot of damage.

* As a result, she is unable to gun-duel with equivalent or even lower tier cruisers except at close range where AP can be effectively used.
* Even though the AA is good, it cannot equip defensive fire (need confirmation).

Sign in to follow this