Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RobotDCLXVI

Hiei is a Kongo, right?

19 comments in this topic

Members
27 posts
1,658 battles

I'm only to the Myogi so I can't check myself, but I'm trying to decide what upgrade modules to use on Hiei and wanted to make sure she was a Kongo class. Would you guys say the aiming mod for less dispersion or the turret traverse is better. the 15% off of a lengthy traverse time in pretty good for close in battles and the 1.5 second increase in reload seems negligible when you have to wait 30 secs anyway. On the other hand, the dispersion on the Kongo seems really bad and the -7% max dispersion might make a world of difference. Does it?

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
1,735 posts
6,712 battles

Hiei and the rest of them (Kirishima, the other yellow one too) are all essentially Kongos. Oh, and don't forget ARP Kongo too, just like the Ashigara is a Myoko reskin

Edited by DrPotato0315
  • Cool 1

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

I have been using the aiming mod in my Kongo class battleships and I really like it.  It certainly does help.  It allows you to use Kongo's incredible long range fire to somewhat more effect.  It also keeps dispersion reasonably tight when using the spotting plane.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

All tier 5 Arp Bb's are clones of the tech tree Kongo. The only thing different is the Captain and  new skin

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,312 battles

Hiei and the rest of them (Kirishima, the other yellow one too) are all essentially Kongos. Oh, and don't forget ARP Kongo too, just like the Ashigara is a Myoko reskin         

Haruna

Edited by Umikami

Members
27 posts
1,658 battles

I have been using the aiming mod in my Kongo class battleships and I really like it.  It certainly does help.  It allows you to use Kongo's incredible long range fire to somewhat more effect.  It also keeps dispersion reasonably tight when using the spotting plane.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, but have you compared it to the turret traverse mod? I feel like I might be spoiled by it because it allows me to switch targets more often and get shots off on guys that might be going into cover if I didn't have it. I wonder is dispersion is worth the trade off.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

I'm only to the Myogi so I can't check myself, but I'm trying to decide what upgrade modules to use on Hiei and wanted to make sure she was a Kongo class. Would you guys say the aiming mod for less dispersion or the turret traverse is better. the 15% off of a lengthy traverse time in pretty good for close in battles and the 1.5 second increase in reload seems negligible when you have to wait 30 secs anyway. On the other hand, the dispersion on the Kongo seems really bad and the -7% max dispersion might make a world of difference. Does it?

Considering that the in game model for Kongou is actually Hiei. So yes, Hiei is a Kongou, it's just, all the Kongous ingame are Hiei reskins :trollface:

~Hunter

• Cool 3

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,993 battles

Buffing secondaries instead of better dispersion - it's sort of fun but the I only did it because I have 3 Kongos (Hiei ships for Hunter).  The accuracy loss definitely hurts. I tried an AA build but that is way too situational and not effective enough anyway. 

With a 33 second reload and 21+ km range, you want accuracy and have time. 222 meters dispersion at that range isn't bad at all but buffing it is the way to go. 

Heck, I don't even use that turret traverse upgrade on Warspite and her 180 takes 72 seconds. I turn the ship.

Kongo has 2/3 of her firepower up front.  Just forget about that rear turret and stay angled. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

[BMBF]
Members
208 posts
16,007 battles

I have collected all the ARP ships. Kongou, Kirishima, Haruna, and Hiei are Kongo class BBs. Myoko and Ashigara are.... Myoko class CAs. That said...

Just for the hell of it. I specced all my Kongos uniquely. ARP Kongo is specced AA with manual AA on her captain, Kongou. I'll div with friends when expecting CV play.

Kirishima is my secondaries build. In training.

Haruna is my accuracy build. She just needs CE. She does

great. Dispersion down to 220m is nice. I know how to hit using my spotter plane. Most folks don't realize you are even shooting at them 24km away, much less dodge

Hiei is my turret traverse spec. Yes, she has EM for the extra traverse. 40sec traverse, 31.5 sec reload. I also chose expert loader. Currently playtesting. Just one match so far.

It was interesting. She could turn, aim guns, and have appropriate ammo loaded for the shot in ANY direction within 40 seconds, usually half that. I'll have to let you know how successful it is later.

I had a great team so we rolled them. I hammered their cruisers and DDs, leaving the BBs to my DDs/CAs. Generally caused mayhem..you know..fear. it was fun

• Cool 2

Members
646 posts
4,069 battles

Fun fact: the Hiei was given a prototype pagoda mast that would later be used in the Yamato-class battleships.

Beta Testers
81 posts
2,739 battles

How long do you get to keep these ARP ships?  I just unlocked the Kirishima and the "Light Red" Hiei today.  I like the Kirishima better.  Less annoying to the eyes, while somehow seems to be a better ship.  Might be wrong.  Overall just seems... better.  

Are they awarded permanently?   But... only if you use the specific port?

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,094 posts
30,874 battles

The ARP ships are permanent for your collection but are viewable only in the Yokosuka Port.  You can switch ports and you won't see them.  You go back to Yokosuka, they'll still be there.

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

I have collected all the ARP ships. Kongou, Kirishima, Haruna, and Hiei are Kongo class BBs. Myoko and Ashigara are.... Myoko class CAs. That said...

Just for the hell of it. I specced all my Kongos uniquely. ARP Kongo is specced AA with manual AA on her captain, Kongou. I'll div with friends when expecting CV play.

Kirishima is my secondaries build. In training.

Haruna is my accuracy build. She just needs CE. She does

great. Dispersion down to 220m is nice. I know how to hit using my spotter plane. Most folks don't realize you are even shooting at them 24km away, much less dodge

Hiei is my turret traverse spec. Yes, she has EM for the extra traverse. 40sec traverse, 31.5 sec reload. I also chose expert loader. Currently playtesting. Just one match so far.

It was interesting. She could turn, aim guns, and have appropriate ammo loaded for the shot in ANY direction within 40 seconds, usually half that. I'll have to let you know how successful it is later.

I had a great team so we rolled them. I hammered their cruisers and DDs, leaving the BBs to my DDs/CAs. Generally caused mayhem..you know..fear. it was fun

what setup's the best? I won't be able to try them all, I only have Hiei and the regular Tech Tree Kongo.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,993 battles

Main Armaments Mod 1

Aiming Control System Mod 1

Damage Control System 1

PREMIUM CONSUMABLES:

Damage Control Party II - always - cuts Damage Control reload from 108s to 72s and that 36 seconds can seem like eternity...

Repair Party II - good idea

reasons:  faster recovery/reset time and allows you to get Vigilance and/or High Alert instead of Superintendent for your 3-point skill

1 Basics of Survival

2 Expert Marksman

3 High Alert if you want 10% reduction in reload of Damage Control Party (stacks on premium DCP) or Vigilance if you fear torpedoes (sometimes I do)

4 Advance Firing Training boosts secondary range  and AA range 20%

1 Basic Firing Training cuts reload time of secondaries 10% and boosts average damage per second of AA by 10%

LittleWhiteMouse has an excellent review of the ARP Kongos with help from Lert:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/82959-premium-ship-review-arpeggio-of-blue-steel-kongo-class/

Her recommended mods & skills are what I used.  Since I have 3 Kongos, I did try an AA build and a secondary build.  Giving up the accuracy isn't worth it.  Kongo/Hiei/Haruna/Kirishima's greatest strength is long range, so you really need that accuracy.

Edited by Landing_Skipper

Members
482 posts
25,427 battles

I recently received 2 ARP Kongos and play & enjoy them better than my old Kongo for some stupid reason. Probably cause they were free! :teethhappy: I set one ARP up with upgrades for AA and secondary guns and the other ARP with main battery gun repair & less dispersion upgrades. Both have the damage control upgrade for the 3rd one.

Sign in to follow this