Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dem0lsh0r

Did anyone else hear about the church?

18 comments in this topic

Members
1,677 posts
266 battles

In case you didn't hear, someone set fire to an Islamic church last night in Fort Pierce. My bus always passes it, so when we drove by this afternoon, it was crowded with cars and news vans. This made me think (once again) about the fact that there are so many xenophobes out there who will believe any rumors or stereotypes that are floating around.

Edited by dem0lsh0r

[BYOB]
Members, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
747 posts
2,071 battles

It was the Mosque attended by the shooter at Pulse night club in Orlando, so people felt justified.  Punishing the many for the sins of the one is always a great idea.

Members
1,677 posts
266 battles

It was the Mosque attended by the shooter at Pulse night club in Orlando, so people felt justified.  Punishing the many for the sins of the one is always a great idea.

"Punishing the many for the sins of the one is always a great idea."

-nobody ever

So this was probably quoted from the arsonist.

*And yes, I picked up on the sarcasm*

Edited by dem0lsh0r

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

Even if it is the church of the shooter of the Pulse nightclub, it still isn't right.

This is almost the same thing with the cops and African people

(I'm sorry if I insulted any African Americans playing WoWs...)

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Assuming it was arson it is deplorable. However, there have also been cases of people burning their own building down to garner sympathy. So let's wait a bit for some facts before we assume who did this.

Members
1,677 posts
266 battles

Assuming it was arson it is deplorable. However, there have also been cases of people burning their own building down to garner sympathy. So let's wait a bit for some facts before we assume who did this.

I think he was already caught, actually, but I'm not entirely sure.

[O_O]
Members
7,890 posts
22,038 battles

This made me think (once again) about the fact that there are so many xenophobes out there who will believe any rumors or stereotypes that are floating around

Be careful when using broad brushes.

The shooter was one person.  This arsonist may have been one person, or even two or three.  Hardly "so many."

Xenophobia is a buzzword I have heard used quite often in the past couple of years, and in my opinion it is rare that it is used accurately or correctly.

Those rumors and stereotypes can be double-edged.

Edited by desmo_2

Members
1,677 posts
266 battles

Be careful when using broad brushes.

The shooter was one person.  This arsonist may have been one person, or even two or three.  Hardly "so many."

Xenophobia is a buzzword I have heard used quite often in the past couple of years, and in my opinion it is rare that it is used accurately or correctly.

Those rumors and stereotypes can be double-edged.

IK how to correctly use the term "Xenophobe". It's someone who fears any race or custom apart from their own.

And no, I didn't imply that there were a lot of arsonists involved in the mosque incident.

Edited by dem0lsh0r

Beta Testers
973 posts
2,500 battles

No offense but, I sense a Donald trump supporter. 

Members
1,677 posts
266 battles

He was being sarcastic about the last part. The former was stating that others felt it was justified, not his own opinion.

• Cool 1

[SYJ]
Members
224 posts
9,588 battles

In case you didn't hear, someone set fire to an Islamic church last night in Fort Pierce. My bus always passes it, so when we drove by this afternoon, it was crowded with cars and news vans. This made me think (once again) about the fact that there are so many xenophobes out there who will believe any rumors or stereotypes that are floating around.

​I driver by it ever time every time I go fishing (I love fort pierce)

now back to the show :popcorn:

[OTG]
Members
138 posts
11,567 battles

You should probably learn how to write a proper sentence before attempting to mock others for applying stereotypes, especially when you are doing precisely the same thing.

Members
1,677 posts
266 battles

Keep in mind, everyone, that the discussion of politics and religion is against forum rules (section 2.6).

I know what kind of discussion isn't permitted, although the point of the thread was simply to inform about what happened.

Members
18 posts
1,082 battles

Even if it is the church of the shooter of the Pulse nightclub, it still isn't right.

This is almost the same thing with the cops and African people

(I'm sorry if I insulted any African Americans playing WoWs...)

Are you sorry if you insulted any cops?

Beta Testers
973 posts
2,500 battles

You should probably learn how to write a proper sentence before attempting to mock others for applying stereotypes, especially when you are doing precisely the same thing.

Well sorry Mr Grammar... (Insert Fascism name here)... If  I wrote in my native language you wont understand. Even in my second language, you still wont understand. Come talk to me if English is your 4th language. 
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this