Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
StoneGullet

Konig Albert is op

56 comments in this topic

[SHIV]
Beta Testers
488 posts
4,777 battles

Got confirmation on Facebook stream. The Fat Albert is OP. I hope they don't nerf it and just make it unavailable. I would buy it while you can. I find it a real fun low stress bb to play and love the thing. It is a great seal clubber. 

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

I fail to see how a ship with a max range of 10.8km fighting ships that have longer ranges and that are faster than it can be termed OP.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,090 battles

I already have an OP seal clubber. Called Imperator Nikolai.

• Cool 2

[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,172 posts
10,840 battles

I fail to see how a ship with a max range of 10.8km fighting ships that have longer ranges and that are faster than it can be termed OP.

Compare Albert to the other BBs of same tier. She's an absolute beast in tier 3 battles. When there are T4 ships present, she could be kited easily -- but most players at that tier don't realize that, and will invariably wonder into the range of her guns. Same reason why Isokaze is so powerful, most people at that tier don't abuse the WASD hack.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Because you have to compare it to the other Tier 3 BBs which aside from the Nassau both suck pretty bad. 

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

Compare Albert to the other BBs of same tier. She's an absolute beast in tier 3 battles.

I can't do a thing in mine.

But check my stats out so far in the Nassau. I do double the damage with the Nassau for some strange reason.

[AK]
Beta Testers
482 posts
16,820 battles

I already have an OP seal clubber. Called Imperator Nikolai.

​I have both. The one advantage Albert has right now is people do not see you and scream for the rest of the team to focus on you like they do in Nikolai. They will learn.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
19,651 battles

Its pretty good, I have had only one T3 battle and did very well, but in a T4 battle, your pretty not OP, those T4 BBs out range, out hit and pretty much out drive you.

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

I think it's partly to do with the pool of players at tier 3, especially with the limited MM.  The amount of low-tier players who actually think to kite the Albert will probably be rather small, and many players will be sailing broadside so can be deleted before they become any serious threat.  The worst enemy will be other sealclubbers who can shut the ship down relatively easily.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,090 battles

​I have both. The one advantage Albert has right now is people do not see you and scream for the rest of the team to focus on you like they do in Nikolai. They will learn.

Even if they do Nikolai is damn hard to kill.

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

Compare Albert to the other BBs of same tier. She's an absolute beast in tier 3 battles. When there are T4 ships present, she could be kited easily -- but most players at that tier don't realize that, and will invariably wonder into the range of her guns. Same reason why Isokaze is so powerful, most people at that tier don't abuse the WASD hack.

I get that.  She is clearly superior to the other tier 3 BB's.  I just wonder what "superior" means relatively when the other tier 3 battleships are complete and utter trash.  3 is more than 1 but still less than 13.  

At only 2200 gold, though, I might get her to mess around with.  

[CDOGZ]
Beta Testers
702 posts
4,530 battles

Act now, supplies are limited... 

When you get over the range, and the world's slowest turret traverse (Warspite feels good by comparison), she's not a bad ship - it's generally the player-base at tier 3 which makes it feel as strong as it is. She's still susceptible to fires and torps though. 

Members
4,535 posts
16,627 battles

I fail to see how the Mogami was OP pre-nerf, so....

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

I fail to see how the Mogami was OP pre-nerf, so....

Wait, you don't see how a ship that fires 15x 155mm HE flame throwers every 7.5 seconds from 18km was OP?  Ok.  Such is life.

[AK]
Beta Testers
482 posts
16,820 battles

Even if they do Nikolai is damn hard to kill.

​The only thing that concerns me in Niki is a good CV driver.

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,840 battles

I just wonder what "superior" means relatively when the other tier 3 battleships

For example being able to semi-reliable citadel St. Louis. Or flashing broadsides to get that sweet,sweet ten gun salvo because you know most people at those tiers shoot HE, can't hit jack, and if you encounter a semi-decent player, chances are your OP armor will negate the damage.

[-K--]
8,172 posts
10,840 battles

​The only thing that concerns me in Niki is a good CV driver.

+IJN torpedo boats. Zigzagging is fine and all, but make a wrong guess -- and poof, most of HP is gone.

Members
4,535 posts
16,627 battles

Wait, you don't see how a ship that fires 15x 155mm HE flame throwers every 7.5 seconds from 18km was OP?  Ok.  Such is life.

I thought it was pretty cool, actually....didn't you?  Don't lie...

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

I get that.  She is clearly superior to the other tier 3 BB's.  I just wonder what "superior" means relatively when the other tier 3 battleships are complete and utter trash.  3 is more than 1 but still less than 13.

At only 2200 gold, though, I might get her to mess around with.

Exactly, it's all relative. KA is good, but not that good. Nowhere near Nikolai levels of OP.

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

I thought it was pretty cool, actually....didn't you?  Don't lie...

It was great.  I made sure to finish my Mogami grind BEFORE the AFT nerf.  Why are people afraid to admit that they enjoy being OP?
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Konigs dispertion from main guns is UTTERLY HORRIBLE!  Forget to trying to kill anything at 10km range, even at 5km I couldn't believe how terrible the shots landed when I played it. I'd much rather play my Ark Beta

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,138 posts
30,896 battles

Konigs dispertion from main guns is UTTERLY HORRIBLE!  Forget to trying to kill anything at 10km range, even at 5km I couldn't believe how terrible the shots landed when I played it. I'd much rather play my Ark Beta

Are you serious?  Her salvos are stupidly good in their dispersion. 

Sign in to follow this