Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xXxRCADDICT

Looking for advice

16 comments in this topic

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

You could start by changing the link in your sig to an image. It will actually show the image that way. :teethhappy:

Otherwise you seem to be doing quite well on your own.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,175 posts
15,765 battles

Grats on breaking the 50% barrier, I am still hovering just under it myself. Just some general suggestions, work on situational awareness, yours not the games, and be patient and don't charge in too soon.

[MAUS]
Members
13,686 posts

The easiest way to improve is to pick one ship you really like playing and focus heavily upon playing that one ship.  Take a snapshot of your existing stats with that ship and then work towards improving one of them.  It could be anything -- accuracy, damage per game, kills per game, etc.  It should be something that's easy to see and measure when you compare to your original stats.  That will make you improve by leaps and bounds, I guarantee.

Beta Testers
18 posts
5,442 battles

Was about to offer my advice, but your recent WR is already higher than mine, and by no small margin.  GL

Edit:  just checked my stats to make sure, and my recent WR is 36... wth?

Edited by rokenboker

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,101 battles

I can also recommend videos by Notser, Flamu & ichase as great resources.  Notser especially focuses on game play and strategy.

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

Thanks for the ideas everyone. Now how do I convert my sig to were it will show? I am new at forum stuff:hiding:

Just edit you sig and put the link as an image (the icon to the left of the YouTube icon in the toolbar)

[WOLF2]
Members
471 posts
12,601 battles

You already seem to be on your way.   59% WR over last 300+ battles is pretty damn good.

Keep it up and 50% will be long behind you....

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

Situation awareness , pay attention to minimap , also hit the M key this takes you to tactical map .. Which shows all ships visable to you and there true heading, knowing who can target you now and in 30 seconds is key to surviving

Alpha Tester
737 posts
9,014 battles

I just saw one flaw: survival percentage.

If you aren't alive, you do nothing, it's over.

Sometimes it's impossible to stay alive, that's why it's almost impossible to get a 100%.

But being alive means you are still contributing to your team and your win (not that your WR is bad but you can increase it even more).

Just see your survival % as how good you are at taking hits and avoiding unnecessary damage.

(I can be wrong because I don't really know WHEN you are dying but you know :))

And I noticed you play almost all classes but CV.

You seem to be good at everything but don't excel at anything (like some ships! xD)

It's like LWM said: focus one ship. Don't sail it. Be it!

But your stats are really good. I don't really think you need to change.

You should just enjoy what you are playing. :honoring:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,175 posts
15,765 battles

I just saw one flaw: survival percentage.

If you aren't alive, you do nothing, it's over.

Sometimes it's impossible to stay alive, that's why it's almost impossible to get a 100%.

But being alive means you are still contributing to your team and your win (not that your WR is bad but you can increase it even more).

Just see your survival % as how good you are at taking hits and avoiding unnecessary damage.

(I can be wrong because I don't really know WHEN you are dying but you know :))

And I noticed you play almost all classes but CV.

You seem to be good at everything but don't excel at anything (like some ships! xD)

It's like LWM said: focus one ship. Don't sail it. Be it!

But your stats are really good. I don't really think you need to change.

You should just enjoy what you are playing. :honoring:

Survival is important but don't be like this WoWP player that made survival the number one most important factor in his game play and who would actually have much better stats if they hadn't focused on that one stat.

Overall Results
Battles Fought     9,645
Victories             5,660 (58.68%)
Draws                        36 (0%)
Defeats             3,949 (41%)
Battles Survived     7,554 (78%)
Average Experience per Battle     321
Maximum Experience per Battle     1,858
Battle Performance

Maximum per battle

Enemy Aircraft Destroyed                     8
Targets Destroyed                            12
Assist Points                                     4
Enemy Aircraft Destroyed by Rear Gunner     2
Damage Caused to Enemy Aircraft         1,960
Damage Caused to Targets                27,520
Targets Destroyed with Rockets                    3
Targets Destroyed with Bombs                     6

The OP actually has a better average damage by almost 2000 points than I do so just staying alive a little longer will reap huge benefits.

Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

My survival rate is low because I don't like hanging around in the back sniping. I like to be in the fight but way too many times I get hung out to dry by my team. I guess I should find a happy median and allow myself enough room to run away. I appreciate all the feedback and look forward to seeing all of you in the game!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,175 posts
15,765 battles

My survival rate is low because I don't like hanging around in the back sniping. I like to be in the fight but way too many times I get hung out to dry by my team. I guess I should find a happy median and allow myself enough room to run away. I appreciate all the feedback and look forward to seeing all of you in the game!

Bingo, go for that happy medium.

Sign in to follow this