Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Paulo2011

What is "free lock" and how do I get out of it"

9 comments in this topic

[RS]
Members
378 posts
22,723 battles

Okay, Stupid here. I was just playing a T4 game in Arcipelego in my Kuma. SUddenly all I could do was steer the ship, I couldn't fire a gun or a torp. It wouldn't even auto lock a target until I switched from HE to Torps. In the middle of the screen I had a white block message saying "FREE LOCK" 

So either I hit a key I never knew of before or Wargaming hates me. Can anyone help? FRee virtual beers for anyone who can do it without making me feel like a complete idiot. K

Edited by Paulo2011

Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,770 battles

Where you holding right mouse button? The free lock is so you can look around without re-positioning your guns.

You may have a key set, try restoring settings to default.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles

you can fire guns in free look, so you might have other issues....Control-x  for instance....

Oh and there is a "BUG" that happens sometimes that when you hit X, instead of unlocking or locking on a target or selecting a new target it ACTS like CNTL-X and lock on sector....

WHen you are locked on sector you cant shoot I believe

Edited by pmgaudio

Members
646 posts
3,678 battles

Could even have something to do with sticky keys in Windows. Check your accessibility settings in the control panel. If you hit shift too often or too quickly they get turned on automatically. I'll give more instructions on this issue when I get home, unless some other smarty beats me to it.

Members
397 posts

Simply hit the X key. No bug. Makes no diff if you locked the guns with either Control+X or Shift+X...simply hit the 'x' key. If something else happens, your keyboard has problem.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Actually there is a "bug" that seems to come back every so often which renders the entire lock/unlock useless. When it strikes, the only thing I've found which will work is to switch from torpedoes to guns then lock the target using X through the guns. Switch to torps and it carries the locked target to torps. It is very frustrating, occurs with great infrequency and always at the most inopportune time. 

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Did you press Control+X or Shift+X?

Try them, they lock your guns...

They'll still fire though, just nowhere near where you thought they were pointed :D

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

They'll still fire though, just nowhere near where you thought they were pointed :D

Yep, and I still forget I've locked 'em, target a ship..and FIRE.  They usually go in the water next to your ship.  One time, I wrecked a friendly.  Oh ****!:facepalm:  
Edited by Soshi_Sone

Sign in to follow this